• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bounty/Reward $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Started by anunnaki, December 10, 2015, 06:37:58 PM

Dick Grinder

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 10, 2015, 11:53:33 PM
lol. Redeemed worked very well! Good Night, I need to hit the hay myself :)

Hah, good night!

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Just Me on December 10, 2015, 09:30:04 PM
Mine the compound so anyone stupid enough to enter, gets his ass blown away. To be safe post private property notices, no trashpassing, you die horribly and the compound is mined with C4 instant death as the final punishment. Put up spot lights to light up the compound when disgusting organisms are detected by vibration sensors and cameras. Have 5 pit bulls running wild within the fenced in yard.

People are nuttier than ever now and no defensive posture protects the victim from these thrill killers.

Kill em all and let their god sort the shit out.
FUCK yes.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Just Me on December 10, 2015, 09:30:04 PM
Mine the compound so anyone stupid enough to enter, gets his ass blown away. To be safe post private property notices, no trashpassing, you die horribly and the compound is mined with C4 instant death as the final punishment. Put up spot lights to light up the compound when disgusting organisms are detected by vibration sensors and cameras. Have 5 pit bulls running wild within the fenced in yard.

People are nuttier than ever now and no defensive posture protects the victim from these thrill killers.

Kill em all and let their god sort the shit out.

Yeah, what possible negative publicity would that attract to AB? The TV stations won't take any notice at all. Does anyone actually think things through, or is everything compressed to blowhard rhetoric based on an allegation that has no evidence to speak of?

It's okay, I know the answer to that.

Bonanza Pilot

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 11, 2015, 12:49:58 AM
Yeah, what possible negative publicity would that attract to AB? The TV stations won't take any notice at all. Does anyone actually think things through, or is everything compressed to blowhard rhetoric based on an allegation that has no evidence to speak of?

It's okay, I know the answer to that.

Not to mention you cant get a hold of land mines or C4 and owning them would be highly illegal.

phrodo

I think if only the OP could edit the thread title to add a couple more dollar signs we could solve this deal.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on December 11, 2015, 12:57:20 AM
Not to mention you cant get a hold of land mines or C4 and owning them would be highly illegal.

Details details..

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 11, 2015, 01:28:21 AM
Details details..

Setup a bear trap with a "pic-a-nic" basket as bait. I hear Falkie's find them irresistible...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 01:44:25 AM
Setup a bear trap with a "pic-a-nic" basket as bait. I hear Falkie's find them irresistible...

Look; why not go the whole hog and 'borrow' an Abrams tank (no make it two) , an Apachie heli, two or three SF cqb teams and if all else fails dig a huge trench to the Pacific and bring in a flat top.

I know it will all look ever so slightly embarrassing if it's discovered to be kids with fire crackers, but you can't be too sure.

onan

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 10, 2015, 11:28:37 PM
I know. There'll never be another like him. RIP Gene.

Gene isn't dead. But it is the only interesting note in this thread.

sampson2625

Quote from: anunnaki on December 10, 2015, 07:30:07 PM
Assuming he is friendless, no buddys, no girlfriend/boyfriend/tranny, he may go to a local brothel and after a few drinks and a BJ boast to the hooker (who may know of a Bounty for Info)

HAHAHAHAHA HES ONE OF US!!!! Bellgab has suddenly turned into a game of clue.

Uncle Duke

Questions for the current and former cops here:

Generally, how does law enforcement view the concept of offering rewards during open criminal investigations, especially rewards offered by third parties?  Historically, have the benefits/results of offering a reward outweigh the volume of worthless/prank tips and administrative headaches that go along with the process?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 11, 2015, 09:32:15 AM
Questions for the current and former cops here:

Generally, how does law enforcement view the concept of offering rewards during open criminal investigations, especially rewards offered by third parties?  Historically, have the benefits/results of offering a reward outweigh the volume of worthless/prank tips and administrative headaches that go along with the process?

It might be different over there, but over here rewards are sometimes put up in the case of cases that have gone cold. Pretty much always it's never paid out unless there is a successful conviction. Occasionally a reward is put up straight away, but again, a conviction is the condition. I think it must put the police in an awkward position, because they want information, given voluntarily, but if the only way is a reward then I guess that's why. But they're bound to get chancers who really haven't a clue and just think they'll get lucky.

whoozit

I'll handle the cash.  No checks please.  Also my bank charges more for deposits under $100 so please treat this as a minimum for donations.  Please mail cash to:

whoozit
13 Suckaborn Aminute LN
Dum Bassidea, NV 99999

VtaGeezer

I think someone needs to say "cool it" with the "Rescue Art" silliness before some of the obsessive types around here show up at the Bell place in full Chris Kyle mode and start terrorizing the neighbors, cops or security that may have been hired in. It's not so hard to foresee fans mucking things up and making it worse in any number of ways.  Bell and the local LE will deal with it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 01:44:25 AM

Yogi always used to outsmart those :)

BellBoy

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 11, 2015, 10:52:15 AM
I think someone needs to say "cool it" with the "Rescue Art" silliness before some of the obsessive types around here show up at the Bell place in full Chris Kyle mode and start terrorizing the neighbors, cops or security that may have been hired in. It's not so hard to foresee fans mucking things up and making it worse in any number of ways.  Bell and the local LE will deal with it.

Stop talking sense. It has no place here.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 11, 2015, 09:55:27 AM
It might be different over there, but over here rewards are sometimes put up in the case of cases that have gone cold. Pretty much always it's never paid out unless there is a successful conviction. Occasionally a reward is put up straight away, but again, a conviction is the condition. I think it must put the police in an awkward position, because they want information, given voluntarily, but if the only way is a reward then I guess that's why. But they're bound to get chancers who really haven't a clue and just think they'll get lucky.

Understood, that's why I specified "open" cases in my previous post.  I also think it could get awkward for the police to get caught between third parties offering a reward and those claiming it.  I could see the police being put on the spot having to identify which specific clue was responsible for an arrest/conviction.

Assuming law enforcement agreed the reward route was the way to go in Art's unique situation, I don't get the idea of asking Art's listeners/'gabbers to foot the bill.  Aside from the fact Art is far more well off than the overwhelming majority of us, it's his safety and that of his wife/child at issue here.  Of course in fairness, Art has not broached the topic, nor has he asked for contributions for such an endeavor.  I would hope Art would gratefully decline any such offers, just as he did those dealing with establishing a legal fund in his no compete fight against SXM.

onan

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on December 11, 2015, 11:12:18 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't give a shit?

Oooo that's heretic talk mister. You'll be typed to death.  ;)

whoozit

Thank you, I already have enough of my own.

onan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 11, 2015, 11:15:01 AM

Oooo that's heretic talk mister. You'll be typed to death.  ;)

Quote from: whoozit on December 11, 2015, 11:18:19 AM
Thank you, I already have enough of my own.

I don't want to come off as heartless. Art is a big boy. He has enough money to put up state of the art surveillance and security. 15 years ago, a developer friend of mine's house was assaulted by four men wearing masks. They parked more than 400 ft away from the property. The system was sophisticated enough to help capture all four men in less than 3 days. Don't ask me the particulars, I don't know them.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on December 11, 2015, 11:26:35 AM
I don't want to come off as heartless. Art is a big boy. He has enough money to put up state of the art surveillance and security. 15 years ago, a developer friend of mine's house was assaulted by four men wearing masks. They parked more than 400 ft away from the property. The system was sophisticated enough to help capture all four men in less than 3 days. Don't ask me the particulars, I don't know them.

Booo. Where's the excitement and drama in that? 

BellBoy

I can't say that I completely disagree, Onan. For me, it's not, so much, that I don't give a shit... it's more, that it's none of my god-damn business. That Art has chosen to share the information so publicly, does give opportunity to pause and reflect on how I might react, in a similar situation. I feel bad that he, or anyone, is going through such an ordeal. However, I also realize that Art, like anyone else, will need to do whatever he needs to do to protect himself and his family. He's a grown-assed man and I respect his ability to get on with whatever he deems appropriate. Most importantly, I realize that there is sweet fuck-all that I (or anyone else, on an internet forum) can do to make the situation any different.

Or we can all run about flapping our arms in blind panic. There's always that.

ziznak

I give a shit... a pretty big one.  I also recognize this is out of our hands.  Its fun to go back and forth and joke about setting traps all sort of other crap but ultimately Art is the one who possesses the shit that must be given.

whoozit

Quote from: onan on December 11, 2015, 11:26:35 AM
You are not heartless.  Art is a big boy and is handling the situation as he sees fit.  I think the fact that he is still there with his family speaks volumes but it is good that he is adding extra security.  There are a lot of nuts out there and all of them do not post on BellGab.  I just enjoy watching drama on this site as many put in their two cents.  It's all amusing speculation to me.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 11, 2015, 12:39:27 PM
Not all.  Some is dismaying.   :-\

At least you can narrow down who you don't want to move next door to.

whoozit

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 11, 2015, 12:39:27 PM
Not all.  Some is dismaying.   :-\
I can see your point but this is the Internet.  My expectations for humanity are somewhat diminished here.