• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151203 - Sally Vander Veer - Marijuana - Live Art Bell Chat Thread

Started by zmbabwe, December 03, 2015, 11:04:27 PM

Noorynoid

Quote from: CoolTen10 on December 03, 2015, 11:32:07 PM
What a snoozer...Gonna switch to George tonight... :-\

Nazi's flying UFO's in the 40's.....sounds....uh.....pffffttt....ahhhh....

albrecht

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 03, 2015, 11:36:30 PM
some strains will make you sleepy, some make you energetic.
I'd like to see the actual data. Not Erowid stories or BBC specials but a real, science (though that BBC one did attempt to do so, a bit, as I recall.)

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 03, 2015, 11:34:35 PM
Can't think of a marijuana strain that tends to make a person violent... Now combine that with some tequila or thunderbird, and you might have a situation
Hi Grav. Still on the road?

Ciardelo

Quote from: CoolTen10 on December 03, 2015, 11:32:07 PM
What a snoozer...Gonna switch to George tonight... :-\
We'll alert the media--thanks for telling all of that were wondering if you'd stay.

Noorynoid

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 03, 2015, 11:37:35 PM
I always think the show is coming back when that damn roofing commercial plays the thunder.

Speaking of which, what the hell is a 'green' roof anyway?

Quote from: Noorynoid on December 03, 2015, 11:39:29 PM
Speaking of which, what the hell is a 'green' roof anyway?

I'll bet it costs an arm and a leg, whatever it is.

Noorynoid

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 03, 2015, 11:38:49 PM
We'll alert the media--thanks for telling all of that were wondering if you'd stay.

Already texted George...he's really excited, I mean really excited...

Quote from: Noorynoid on December 03, 2015, 11:41:09 PM

Will double his listening audience, tonight.

trostol

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 03, 2015, 11:36:30 PM
some strains will make you sleepy, some make you energetic.

i got the sleepy ones lol..was a good sleep too..out like a light and woke up feeling nice and refreshed

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 03, 2015, 11:41:16 PM
That doesn't mean much. Washington had one of the best medical programs in the country. Once "legalization" came, all of a sudden all the freedom of medical disappeared as the State started enjoying the tax money from Recreational and kickbacks from the local Marijuana lobby which is big growers and big store owners (who were the original criminals that made millions of dollar in the illegal days) which resulted in the State government changing all the medical rules and trying to legislate it out of existence in favor of recreational/legalization.

So now all the money, innovation and talent from the Washington medical community (which was one of the best in the world) either moved to Oregon or went back underground which a lot of shitty commercial grows have taken over and are what are supply the rec stores.

It's nearly impossible to go recreational in Washington as you need at least a half million dollars and to be able to meet so many absurd regulations that you need a couple mil in the bank and to pay off lawyers/politicians.

And what the local cops and authorities started doing is raiding medical/quasi legal rules as soon as they got their first tax drop and realized 90% of marijuana business is still medical/black market which they don't get a piece of. It's now more dangerous to grow in the grey or black area now than it was before "legalization".

It's fucking crazy and this lady is head of a company that's a major part of this corruption.

Oregon's laws are pretty great. But that's because a lot of growers like me familiar with Washington and Colorado corruption and how reality works started getting in politicians ears and telling them how to do it. It's not a perfect system but it's the best one yet.

Meanwhile we're all still federal criminals. No entities like banks or insurance companies will even acknowledge our existence. And it takes regular payoffs to lawyers and politicians to stay in the game.

I know I'm explaining the watch but I live this every day and one small change can cost me tens of thousands of dollars or prison time.
Call in.
ps: has Wash legalized Meth yet? Maybe could help the crime rate in the Eastern side of the State?

Quote from: trostol on December 03, 2015, 11:42:31 PM
i got the sleepy ones lol..was a good sleep too..out like a light and woke up feeling nice and refreshed

Seems to knock out nightmares, too.

Noorynoid

Robert_S

Quote from: Noorynoid on December 03, 2015, 11:41:09 PM
George: "Yay, somebody's actually listening to my show!  I read about it on Bellgab.  Let me mark this on my calendar."

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 03, 2015, 11:37:51 PM
Hi Grav. Still on the road?

Had an amazing drive back and forth from Santa Fe to Los Alamos today. I fly back home tomorrow.

Under the "there are no coincidences" category, my las t day of work is Dec 11. My plane lands in Denver at 12:40 Dec 12. I'm just sayin.

I think the 4:20 flight was sold out.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: albrecht on December 03, 2015, 11:37:47 PM
I'd like to see the actual data. Not Erowid stories or BBC specials but a real, science (though that BBC one did attempt to do so, a bit, as I recall.)

Indica predominant strains will give you more of a body stone, and will make you sleepy. Good pain killing, and relaxing.
Sativa predominant strains will give more of a cerebral high, and be more uplifting.

most strains one would encounter are hybrid strains.  Pure indica, and sativa strains are likely 1:10 ...if that,  nowadays.   

WanagoBleu

The black mkt in pot isn't going away. It always makes me made mad that in  the National Forest have sections that are totally destroyed to grow pot. Plus, it's very dangerous to come across these grow areas. They are often booby trapped and guarded.

Quote from: albrecht on December 03, 2015, 11:42:48 PM
Call in.
ps: has Wash legalized Meth yet? Maybe could help the crime rate in the Eastern side of the State?

;D How would legalizing meth lower crime?

Noorynoid

Quote from: albrecht on December 03, 2015, 11:42:48 PM
Call in.

Methamphetamine and Cocaine are schedule 2 drugs since they have 'medicinal' uses...

TigerLily

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 03, 2015, 11:41:16 PM
That doesn't mean much. Washington had one of the best medical programs in the country. Once "legalization" came, all of a sudden all the freedom of medical disappeared as the State started enjoying the tax money from Recreational and kickbacks from the local Marijuana lobby which is big growers and big store owners (who were the original criminals that made millions of dollar in the illegal days) which resulted in the State government changing all the medical rules and trying to legislate it out of existence in favor of recreational/legalization.

So now all the money, innovation and talent from the Washington medical community (which was one of the best in the world) either moved to Oregon or went back underground which a lot of shitty commercial grows have taken over and are what are supply the rec stores.

It's nearly impossible to go recreational in Washington as you need at least a half million dollars and to be able to meet so many absurd regulations that you need a couple mil in the bank and to pay off lawyers/politicians.

And what the local cops and authorities started doing is raiding medical/quasi legal grows as soon as they got their first tax drop and realized 90% of marijuana business is still medical/black market which they don't get a piece of. It's now more dangerous to grow in the grey or black area than it was before "legalization".

It's fucking crazy and this lady is head of a company that's a major part of this corruption.

Oregon's laws are pretty great. But that's because a lot of growers familiar with Washington and Colorado corruption and how reality works started getting in politicians ears and telling them how to do it. It's not a perfect system but it's the best one yet.

Meanwhile we're all still federal criminals. No entities like banks or insurance companies will even acknowledge our existence. And it takes regular payoffs to lawyers and politicians to stay in the game.

I know I'm explaining the watch but I live this every day and one small change can cost me tens of thousands of dollars or prison time.
Really interesting. Thanks VQ. I hope California looks into all this. I might try to get educated and involved in this for Cali

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/37683622" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p>
Rainy Day Women No. 12 &amp; 35 from LittleDesertFlower on Vimeo.</p>

GravitySucks

Quote from: maureen on December 03, 2015, 11:42:16 PM
imagine the stoned skiers in Colorado...  ;)

From what I've seen on my last two trips, I think there is less stoned skiers now than before it was legal. They pull your pass if they catch you smoking. Of course gummy bears are hard to detect.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 03, 2015, 11:43:30 PM
Had an amazing drive back and forth from Santa Fe to Los Alamos today. I fly back home tomorrow.

Under the "there are no coincidences" category, my las t day of work is Dec 11. My plane lands in Denver at 12:40 Dec 12. I'm just sayin.

I think the 4:20 flight was sold out.
The party flight

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on December 03, 2015, 11:45:03 PM
Really interesting. Thanks VQ. I hope California looks into all this. I might try to get educated and involved in this for Cali

Might be interesting to look into how Oregon did it, just north of the border.   8)

Noorynoid

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 03, 2015, 11:44:27 PM
;D How would legalizing meth lower crime?

If they would give it away meth addicts would not have to break into cars and houses to support their habit?