• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your most hated band?

Started by 3OctaveFart, December 03, 2015, 03:19:51 PM

zeebo

Quote from: comaphobe on March 12, 2017, 02:39:23 AM
...Whether or not I am miserable doesn't have much to do with the topic or my post. This isn't psychology class or depression diagnostics is it? If I was miserable, would it really matter? This is a lite thread with tongue-in-cheek comments about the bands we hate. It's the Deathrace2000 of threads. I was not being nasty, just direct. There is no reason to sugar coat anything, people dislike certain bands and that is fun and normal. That said, I am indeed miserable....

Ah cp, damn I know you're busy but I miss your posts.  I might not always agree, but your honesty somehow gives me hope for our collective future.  Here's hoping you find some good new tunes to soothe the soul.

twiki

Nickelback and the fact that my idevice recognizes it as an actual word.

yumyumtree

Quote from: albrecht on February 13, 2017, 07:13:49 PM
Menudo? Maybe an original pizza-gate thing? Considering that Menudo for normal Hispanic types, is a soup made from tripe etc that you eat (and helps hangovers)- and name a band of pre or teen Latin boys, some of which came out somewhat messed up, after something you eat?
[/quot
I got a tripe taco at a  Mexican restaurant in Seattle, and it was awful. But I didn't complain. It was my fault for ordering it. I consider myself an adventurous eater. But I didn't know about the hangover thing.

GravitySucks

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 12, 2017, 11:39:09 PM
Quote from: albrecht on February 13, 2017, 07:13:49 PM
Menudo? Maybe an original pizza-gate thing? Considering that Menudo for normal Hispanic types, is a soup made from tripe etc that you eat (and helps hangovers)- and name a band of pre or teen Latin boys, some of which came out somewhat messed up, after something you eat?

I got a tripe taco at a  Mexican restaurant in Seattle, and it was awful. But I didn't complain. It was my fault for ordering it. I consider myself an adventurous eater. But I didn't know about the hangover thing.

It is not the tripe that helps the hangover. It is the 1/4" layer of grease at the top of a bowl of menudo that helps the hangover.

Jackstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dK2tDK9grQ

I fucking hate this song.

If it comes on the radio it's an instant sputch--I don't care if I'm taking a curve at ninety to get around a busload of nuns (my old job), I'm taking a hand off the wheel and I'm frantically slamming buttons on the radio to make the madness stop. I'll listen to baseball, or hog belly reports, or North Korean spiritual opera, I don't care. Anything but this.

It's disgusting. I never liked it much at all, from the first listen, as I noticed that it had one of those obnoxious numerologically-inspired beat hooks--the kind of music that attaches itself to your chakras, whether you wanna rock-ra or not.

That part, I don't mind. Vibrational energy is supposed to influence people, that's what it's for. Here's what bothers me: the central message of the song.

QuoteLast night you were in my room
Now my bedsheets smell like you
C'mon be my baby, come on
C'mon be my baby

Now, consider the implict message here. He's already fucked her--but she's not his baby, yet. There's something further--he's just not satisfied with the sweet release of a loving heart. Oh, no.

He wants her to be his "baby," but... he still hasn't done the laundry. The stank of their fornication has created a miasmatic cloud in his revolting bachelor den, and now she's left, and now he croons on and on and on about ownership.

I hope he gets fucking piles. Fuck this guy. Fuck him in the goat ass. What kind of message does this send?
Fuck this noise. RELEASE THE HEMLOCK.