• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your most hated band?

Started by 3OctaveFart, December 03, 2015, 03:19:51 PM

ShayP

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 04, 2017, 08:14:02 PM
And I fucking hate Bruce Springsteen.  The ''Boss'.  Boss of what?

Thank you.  I thought I was alone.  :(

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on March 04, 2017, 08:19:08 PM

no..Bruce is awful save maybe a half dozen songs

also..Bon Jovi

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on March 04, 2017, 08:20:44 PM
no..Bruce is awful save maybe a half dozen songs

It's natural to have us disagree.  I expect it.  ;)

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on March 04, 2017, 08:23:12 PM
It's natural to have us disagree.  I expect it.  ;)

not disagreeing...cant stand Bruce..but he does have a few songs i like..literally no more than a half dozen

Thunder Road, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Spirit in the Night, The River ...wow fewer then half a dozen lol

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on March 04, 2017, 08:26:43 PM
not disagreeing...cant stand Bruce..but he does have a few songs i like..literally no more than a half dozen

Thunder Road, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Spirit in the Night, The River ...wow fewer then half a dozen lol

My apologies.  I glanced at your post and didn't look at the detail.  I was too eager to troll you.  :-[

Cheers mang!  8)

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on March 04, 2017, 08:28:18 PM
My apologies.  I glanced at your post and was too eager to troll you.  :-[

Cheers mang!  8)

see..you suck

zeebo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 04, 2017, 08:14:02 PM
...There are very very few performers of bands formed in the 80s, 90s, 00s, or 10s worth listening to.

I have a soft spot for the 80's ... I somewhat tolerate the 90's ... I've pretty much tuned out everything after '00.  (with one exception - groovy ambient/downtempo music which makes great background sound for programming work)

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on March 04, 2017, 08:29:32 PM
LOL!  I agree.

Sorry man.  Cheers!  :)

lol no need to apologize ..well save maybe for the teams you like..but that can't be helped

zeebo

..Thunder Road, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Spirit in the Night, The River ...wow fewer then half a dozen lol

I'd toss in Rosalita .. that gets you a bit closer.   :)

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on March 04, 2017, 08:30:39 PM
I'd toss in Rosalita .. that gets you a bit closer.   :)

eh...around here much like Born to Run ..it gets played WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much

zeebo

not disagreeing...

I just had a similar mix-up with doc md. I didn't even get street cred for my love of Tom Waits & The Pixies.  :'(   Ok, so I had a brief Phish obsession ... but look, I'm over that now.  Ok everyone?  ;D

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on March 04, 2017, 08:32:08 PM
eh...around here much like Born to Run ..it gets played WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much

One of my pet peeves of radio, always playing the most obvious tracks until you can't stand them anymore.  For the brief time I had Sirius I loved the station called Deep Tracks, where you actually get exposed to less-obvious selections from well-known artists.

Bts I actually liked Lucky Town alot, but like all his other post-Born in da USA stuff it came and went w/o much notice. 

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on March 04, 2017, 08:39:13 PM
One of my pet peeves of radio, always playing the most obvious tracks until you can't stand them anymore.  For the brief time I had Sirius I loved the station called Deep Tracks, where you actually get exposed to less-obvious selections from well-known artists.

Bts I actually liked Lucky Town alot, but like all his other post-Born in da USA stuff it came and went w/o much notice.

thats the major issue i have with radio..especially the only station i listen to here with is classic rock..its always the same shit day in and out..so rare to hear more then the same 5-7 tracks from certain bands...for example..Zeppelin..all you here is Black Dog, Kashmir, Stairway, Rock and Roll, The Ocean or Immigrant Song...same with The Stones and Beatles which they do not even play a lot of them

zeebo

^^ Long time ago I had Unforgettable Fire & Joshua Tree on an old cassette, which I played on infinite loop for months until the tape broke.  I pretty much hated everything they did after that except a couple songs off Achtung.

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on March 04, 2017, 08:35:12 PM
The Smiths

YES!  And anything else the insufferable cunt Morrissey did afterwards.

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on March 04, 2017, 08:42:58 PM
thats the major issue i have with radio..especially the only station i listen to here with is classic rock..its always the same shit day in and out..so rare to hear more then the same 5-7 tracks from certain bands...for example..Zeppelin..all you here is Black Dog, Kashmir, Stairway, Rock and Roll, The Ocean or Immigrant Song...same with The Stones and Beatles which they do not even play a lot of them

Dylan as another obvious example.  The dude's got like hundreds of songs, and we have to hear Like a Rolling Stone, again???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ShayP on March 04, 2017, 08:19:08 PM

you are not.  i'd rather have a tooth removed than listen to springsteen.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on March 04, 2017, 08:47:44 PM
Dylan as another obvious example.  The dude's got like hundreds of songs, and we have to hear Like a Rolling Stone, again???

oddly they do not play a lot of Dylan here...lotta Zeppelin, Stones, Supertramp, Seger, Cars to an insufferable amount, Elton John

i mean this is like almost a days worth if what they play and its not bad but could be so much better

http://wmgk.com/stream/WMGKFM/

where's Uriah Heep Rainbow...etc

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 04, 2017, 08:39:41 PM
U2 is shit

the worst.  and i refuse to refer to another human being as "the edge."  dude was on "it might get loud" with page and white and i can't begin to rationalize how they chose to include him.  unimpressive guitarist.

trostol

MY Chemical Romance and any bands like them

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: zeebo on March 04, 2017, 08:39:13 PM
For the brief time I had Sirius I loved the station called Deep Tracks, where you actually get exposed to less-obvious selections from well-known artists.

when i had xm ten years ago, that was the only music channel i gave any time, and only when there was simply nothing else to listen to.  the mind numbing amount of compression applied to the audio on sirius/xm makes music listening a no-go on the platform for me.  it sounds like absolute washed out shit, probably on par with an mp3 encoded at 96kbps.  one has to be nearly deaf to appreciate the musical offerings of sirius/xm.

zeebo

How about all the shoe-gazing mope-rock bands of the early/mid-90's.  I honestly can't remember any of their names, just their blurry slo-mo videos and overwrought lyrics.

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on March 04, 2017, 09:00:27 PM
MY Chemical Romance and any bands like them

I guess it is hard for me to hate a band. If I don't like their music, I don't listen to them, so it is hard to work myself up to a level of hate. I do make an exception for Springsteen though. Mainly because when a station plays his music, it is instantly recognizeable and  visions of Michael Moore get superimposed on my thoughts.

For some reason my brain associates those two.

trostol

i would love to have own a radio station to play what i want whats not..dictated to me to play

zeebo

Quote from: Σ> on March 04, 2017, 09:02:10 PM
... the mind numbing amount of compression applied to the audio on sirius/xm makes music listening a no-go on the platform for me.  it sounds like absolute washed out shit, probably on par with an mp3 encoded at 96kbps.  ...

That's funny, I wondered if it was my speakers or something at the time, as I couldn't imagine a service touting their crystal-clear audio would knowingly put out something so tinny.