• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your most hated band?

Started by 3OctaveFart, December 03, 2015, 03:19:51 PM

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 05, 2015, 11:10:31 AM

I never really considered them a boy band. At least not anywhere close to the modern definition. The Beatles had real talent. They came up the hard way; playing tiny venues -- like The Cavern -- with loyal fans.
============================================
'Allo!
With you am i yet.
i flashed back to the ed sullivan show beatles,press conference at?La Guardia Aerodrome.
Q:'Amerika wants to know,are you lads mods or rockers?'
Aside:"Were going to let John handle this one"(McCartney?)
A:"Actually,we're Mockers"..
After i studied the early documents about the inner history of the concepts up to then,i decided that the pre-fab four were victims of the mk-ultra,naomi,mockingbird team.
John's assassination was the absolute nadir of the last century.
i still study the early materiel of the Beatlegs,etc.for solace.
i remember the story that aliens or fairies gave him some tiny device/object that so upset him,he handed it off to Uri Gellar,saying,"If this is my ticket to ride,i'm copping out"or words to that effect.
"B_B"
PS:No Logo,sorry,old chappies.
['7VF']ie,"Wide-flange-beam'

zeebo

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 05, 2015, 08:03:40 AM
Hootie/Darius Rucker kicks ass...

Hootie just surpassed Dylan.  Well I suppose that's the glorious thing about music, the beauty's in the ear of the beholder.    :D

Quote from: zeebo on December 06, 2015, 01:36:07 AM
Hootie just surpassed Dylan.  Well I suppose that's the glorious thing about music, the beauty's in the ear of the beholder.    :D

Difference is, Darius has talent. His lyrics make sense and his singing is divine.

http://radio.com/2013/09/18/qa-darius-rucker-says-his-success-in-country-is-about-the-music-and-being-kind-of-a-nice-guy/

analog kid

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 06, 2015, 07:55:10 AM
Difference is, Darius has talent. His lyrics make sense and his singing is divine.

http://radio.com/2013/09/18/qa-darius-rucker-says-his-success-in-country-is-about-the-music-and-being-kind-of-a-nice-guy/

I like all of one Dylan song, but I mean, his music was revolutionary, which has been obscured by time. Maybe you have to like traditional folk, which I don't, but look at this list of people who have covered his songs..

Auslandia

That's actually pretty accurate.  The late 80s were filled with half assed funky metal bands exploring their shitty half cock rock half Hendrix with a touch of George Clinton bullshit.  They all dressed in velvet pants with top hats.  I fucking hated that crap scene.  It was filled with bands just good enough to fill a room with girls and drunk frat boys but not good enough to make it anywhere but Seattle or fucking Cleveland or Denver.  Half of them ended up jumping on the grunge wagon and the other half sailed into Primus waters.  That was a dark time for music in the USA.  It was due to all that fuckery and foolishness that we ended up with god damn Creed and Nickelback. 

zeebo

What about "Limp Bizkit".  Wtf happened there. 

Auslandia

Quote from: zeebo on December 07, 2015, 11:16:34 PM
What about "Limp Bizkit".  Wtf happened there.

By then things had gotten so bad that Korn (people randomly making noise) was considered a good alternative.  Then some backwards hat wearing suburban homeboys decided they'd take that and rap over it. 

Roswells, Art

I'll make sure to stay off this thread's lawn.

Auslandia

Don't even get me started on the Spin Doctors

trostol

Quote from: Auslandia on December 07, 2015, 11:29:29 PM
Don't even get me started on the Spin Doctors

nothing to get started on lol they has 1 song lol

Dallas/Carolina halftime show on Thanksgiving - obnoxious, or ESPNs way of getting familes to turn off the TV?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ag0t6S8-U

Auslandia

Quote from: trostol on December 07, 2015, 11:31:40 PM
nothing to get started on lol they has 1 song lol

It still started something that delivered everyone a big pile of counting crows, blues traveler and hootie.  I'll never forgive them

zeebo

Quote from: Auslandia on December 07, 2015, 11:40:41 PM
It still started something that delivered everyone a big pile of counting crows, blues traveler and hootie.  I'll never forgive them

blues traveler:  never before has so much hype been behind a single harmonica

trostol

Quote from: Auslandia on December 07, 2015, 11:40:41 PM

lol to me Counting crows has..2 songs..blues traveller 1 good CD and hootie..ugh

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 07, 2015, 11:42:56 PM
blues traveler:  never before has so much hype been behind a single harmonica

too be fair..he can play a mean harmonica...

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on December 07, 2015, 11:45:24 PM
too be fair..he can play a mean harmonica...

true .. least it wasn't an accordian

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 07, 2015, 11:48:12 PM
true .. least it wasn't an accordian

lol in which ..Weird Al plays a mean accordion lol

Auslandia

Quote from: trostol on December 07, 2015, 11:48:51 PM

Just because you can play the hell out of an instrument doesn't mean you can write good songs. You reading this Yngwie Malmsteen?  Just watch Eddie & the Cruisers 2 and you'll get schooled on that shit lol

zeebo

Quote from: Auslandia on December 07, 2015, 11:58:59 PM
Just because you can play the hell out of an instrument ...

Yep just because you can, doesn't mean you should.  Saw some band on tv having a twenty-minute bongo duet.  That kinda stuff shoulda gone out with prog rock bass solos.

trostol

Quote from: Auslandia on December 07, 2015, 11:58:59 PM
Just because you can play the hell out of an instrument doesn't mean you can write good songs. You reading this Yngwie Malmsteen?  Just watch Eddie & the Cruisers 2 and you'll get schooled on that shit lol

hmm..i cant stand lol

Albemuth

Quote from: Northern Nights on December 05, 2015, 09:08:16 AM
Journey, and their now ubiquitous "Don't Stop Believin'", which thanks to The Sopranos no man, woman or child can avoid hearing without relocating to a cave in Afghanistan.

Agreed. Completely awful and it just won't go away. Should be re-titled: "Don't Stop Dry-Heavin'"

aldousburbank

Quote from: Northern Nights on December 05, 2015, 09:08:16 AM
Journey, and their now ubiquitous "Don't Stop Believin'", which thanks to The Sopranos no man, woman or child can avoid hearing without relocating to a cave in Afghanistan.
Please stop Don't Stop Believing!

How did I not mention Heart until now?

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on December 07, 2015, 11:48:51 PM
And his dad did even better!
The Malmsteen, Steve Vai, etc...comment- just because you can play is correct.

yumyumtree

Heart is in heavy rotation on the classic rock stations here because the Wilson sisters are from here, and still do t hings for the community and stuff, I think. My ex boyfriend saw them at the Aber Day kegger at the Oral Zumwalt rodeo grounds near Missoula before they were big , but was impressed with them. It turned out he was right. Why the Aber Day kegger ceased to be is a not her interesting story...

All my life since I was 12 or something, I've disliked Badfinger. But the leader of a band  I like must adore them, because they cover more than one of their songs

Luka Megurine

The Beatles, Styx, bruce springsteen,

zeebo

Remember that band Bread?  Their cloying sentimentality is insufferable.  Whenever I accidentally hear them I must immediately cleanse my soul by blasting the Who at top volume.

Quote from: zeebo on February 12, 2017, 02:14:10 PM
Remember that band Bread?  Their cloying sentimentality is insufferable.  Whenever I accidentally hear them I must immediately cleanse my soul by blasting the Who at top volume.

Bread.   Eeewww.   

WhiteCrow

Not a hater..But I cringe when hearing Classic Rock stations playing 70s hair bands..

Lady Gaga got some lungs. eh?