• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your most hated band?

Started by 3OctaveFart, December 03, 2015, 03:19:51 PM

3OctaveFart

Let's hear them, members and moderators.

Nickelback and Creed. Just the most limp bullshit attempts at rock I think I've ever heard.

I thought Canada was trying to subversively destroy rock music until I heard Black Mountain but I'm still watching them cautiously even after their modern rock boom.

bateman

Maroon 5 and the Black Eyed Peas rank pretty high up there.

Uncle Duke

Veteran listeners will know these bands:

Bread
Starlight Vocal Band
ABBA (Sorry Art)

chefist

My girlfriend actually gets nauseous when she hears Sugar Rae...

Hated and overrated-Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead. People in the 60's must have all been high off their asses if these 2 artists had careers.

Nickelback may be the weakest limpest attempt at rock I've heard. I thought Canada was trying to subversively destroy music until I heard Black Mountain but I'm still watching for any tricks.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 03, 2015, 06:02:23 PM
Hated and overrated-Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead. People in the 60's must have all been high off their asses if these 2 artists had careers.

/shun

Two of my top five favorite.

Art_s Farts

Each and every single goddamn 80's hair metal band

Roswells, Art

Quote from: bateman on December 03, 2015, 05:34:19 PM

Seriously! Where I used to work I had to listen to local radio and I'm not exaggerating when I say they played Black Eyed Peas' 'My Humps' every half hour. It was hell. My co-worker loved it and enjoyed my aggravation, lol. A few months ago I watched the video. It is hard to believe it's not a parody. It really seems like one.

Designx

Quote from: Art_s Farts on December 03, 2015, 06:24:54 PM
Each and every single goddamn 80's hair metal band

Second this and I'll add in Rod Stewart and most all grunge bands.

Designx

Quote from: bateman on December 03, 2015, 05:34:19 PM

I don't get why club/dance music is played on the radio - it's supposed to be pretty stupid.

albrecht

I guess this isn't a band per se but the song "Life Is A Highway" by some Canadian guy that was played incessantly on a pop station that people would play at work (the people there outvoted me and a few others for what channel to have on the radio.) Actually at some point me and a few others who hated it and would become almost demented or almost drunk in what seemed like the 50th playing of the song during the day. Like a stupor-induced alternate reality. Nobody snapped but came close. I still wonder if it was a MKUltra-type "psychic-driving" experiment.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: albrecht on December 03, 2015, 06:36:34 PM
I guess this isn't a band per se but the song "Life Is A Highway" by some Canadian guy that was played incessantly on a pop station that people would play at work (the people there outvoted me and a few others for what channel to have on the radio.) Actually at some point me and a few others who hated it and would become almost demented or almost drunk in what seemed like the 50th playing of the song during the day. Like a stupor-induced alternate reality. Nobody snapped but came close. I still wonder if it was a MKUltra-type "psychic-driving" experiment.

Yep, so you understand my pain. Life is a Highway doesn't bother me that much but it would if I had been subjected to it as you were.

zeebo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 03, 2015, 05:36:21 PM
...Bread

If accidentally exposed to them I have to take an emergency testosterone supplement.

Quote from: zeebo on December 03, 2015, 07:00:42 PM
If accidentally exposed to them I have to take an emergency testosterone supplement.

I bet your favorite band is Squirrel Nut Zippers.  :D

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 03, 2015, 07:03:19 PM
I bet your favorite band is Squirrel Nut Zippers.  :D

I'm so glad you didn't say Alvin & the Chipmunks.

bateman

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 03, 2015, 06:26:29 PM
Seriously! Where I used to work I had to listen to local radio and I'm not exaggerating when I say they played Black Eyed Peas' 'My Humps' every half hour. It was hell. My co-worker loved it and enjoyed my aggravation, lol. A few months ago I watched the video. It is hard to believe it's not a parody. It really seems like one.

I thought the long national nightmare was over when they took a break or broke up or whatever the hell it was, but no, Fergie came out with her own "music" and polluted the airwaves for another 2 or 3 years.

whoozit

Quote from: albrecht on December 03, 2015, 06:36:34 PM
That was Tom Cochrane who was in the band Red Rider prior to that.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: zeebo on December 03, 2015, 07:00:42 PM

Understood, that's how I felt about all three bands I mentioned.  Used to be a local "soft rock" station when I was in college that played that stuff all the time.  The station was piped into the desk/office of the dorm where I worked all-night shifts a couple nights/week.  For some reason, they referred to the band as "The Bread", which annoyed me almost as much as their music.

whoozit

I hate the band Ween.  Just the thought of that awful song Push the Little Daisies makes me break out in hives and start to itch.

trostol

Nickelback is pretty bad and really..i am not a fan of Nirvana ..but probably 2 i hate are Fallout Boy and My Chemical Romance

trostol

Quote from: analog kid on December 03, 2015, 05:56:31 PM
Metallica

all of Metallica or just part...cause if you say Metallica after And Justice for All i will agree

albrecht

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 03, 2015, 06:48:31 PM
Yep, so you understand my pain. Life is a Highway doesn't bother me that much but it would if I had been subjected to it as you were.
I understand. And glad we both- I hope- survived those Dr. Donald Ewen Cameron-esque's experiments.

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on December 03, 2015, 07:25:04 PM
all of Metallica or just part...cause if you say Metallica after And Justice for All i will agree
Agree, completely. JFA ended them being good, no not Jodies Fosters Army, but And Justice For All, which was redeemed by Blackened, basically. Now Mustaine and MD, still making good stuff.

Whoops... that's what happens when I smoke a joint, forget I posted in a thread and then post the exact same thing again.  ;D

trostol

Quote from: albrecht on December 03, 2015, 07:29:29 PM
Agree, completely. JFA ended them being good, no not Jodies Fosters Army, but And Justice For All, which was redeemed by Blackened, basically. Now Mustaine and MD, still making good stuff.

interesting now that i think about it..cause Justice had their first video i think and while i do like One..that was the start of them going blah..a video lol

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 03, 2015, 07:31:35 PM
Whoops... that's what happens when I smoke a joint, forget I posted in a thread and then post the exact same thing again.  ;D

Lol I noticed that  ;D  if it helps I was pretty drunk while posting last night...I probably made zero sense...