• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151116 - Jill Heinerth - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, November 16, 2015, 07:11:17 PM

Zzzzillion

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 17, 2015, 01:48:04 AM
Destroying the planet no longer matters when you have the technology to conserve it.

Plus we're not doing that. Earth is gonna' do what it's gonna' do.

Coffeeman

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 17, 2015, 01:48:16 AM
cave diving is mostly only interesting to other cave divers. As a cave diver, I think what she has accomplished pretty amazing.

I can see that. For you, I imagine there's a lot commonalities between the two despite her. But for me, she' a bore.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 17, 2015, 01:49:50 AM
Plus we're not doing that. Earth is gonna' do what it's gonna' do.

Actually we're doing it like crazy but it doesn't make for good media content so it doesn't get reported.

Ciardelo

albrecht

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 17, 2015, 01:48:16 AM
cave diving is mostly only interesting to other cave divers. As a cave diver, I think what she has accomplished pretty amazing.
I guess so. To me, I would never do it (past dares etc holding rocks to see how deep you can go type of stuff) but still find fascinating stories of this type (same with Polar exploration, space, etc.) I can't see how this kind of stuff can be boring. Especially in the unknown or older days where tech was so bad and so stories so crazy, and often bad, delayed, and etc. Too bad, she should've "sexed up" her stories ala BBC, and other explorers. I wish Art would've had Thor Heyrdahl on when he was still alive.

Zzzzillion

Listening to this guest reminds me of those moments when I'm sitting in my office on a Tuesday afternoon thinking "Jesus, it's only 2:40?!? This day will NEVER END."

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on November 17, 2015, 01:52:07 AM
I guess so. To me, I would never do it (past dares etc holding rocks to see how deep you can go type of stuff) but still find fascinating stories of this type (same with Polar exploration, space, etc.) I can't see how this kind of stuff can be boring. Especially in the unknown or older days where tech was so bad and so stories so crazy, and often bad, delayed, and etc.
Yeah, I'm with you. I remember one article I saw had pictures of some poor unknown diver dressed in 70's type scuba gear that got trapped and entombed underwater in a cave. Might have even been one of the guest's dives?

Barfly

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 17, 2015, 01:43:13 AM
Hey Barfly where is Shay?
I dont know, i wasn't on Thursday, last time i saw him here was Wed

Zzzzillion

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 17, 2015, 01:51:27 AM
Actually we're doing it like crazy but it doesn't make for good media content so it doesn't get reported.

Gets reported all the time. Movies get made about it. Billions of tax dollars go to it. Credible science discredits it, but there's big money to be made, so we keep hearing it.

Al Gore and his disproven hockey stick chart owe us an apology ... and a whole bunch of money.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 17, 2015, 01:54:37 AM
Yeah, I'm with you. I remember one article I saw had pictures of some poor unknown diver dressed in 70's type scuba gear that got trapped and entombed underwater in a cave. Might have even been one of the guest's dives?
very deep body recoverys...........Very hard to do. Even on rebreathers....

albrecht

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 17, 2015, 01:54:37 AM
I wish types like Thor Heyerdahl etc were still around for an Art interview. Real explorers but also guys with "theories."

Barfly

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 17, 2015, 01:57:15 AM
Gets reported all the time. Movies get made about it. Billions of tax dollars go to it. Credible science discredits it, but there's big money to be made, so we keep hearing it.

Al Gore and his disproven hockey stick chart owe us an apology ... and a whole bunch of money.
I'm supposed to be underwater by now

Zzzzillion

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 17, 2015, 01:51:27 AM

Just re-read and realized I misinterpreted your post. I blame the scotch.

WanagoBleu

Great show Art. Jill is kinda like an inner-space astronaut. So many amazing places underwater. And someday, the archeological finds underwater, telling of mankind's history before the seas rose, will be stunning!!!

diyrob

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 17, 2015, 12:46:55 AM
The drinking game where I take a swig of scotch every time this super-interesting guest says "sooo" is going to land me in the hospital.
She's Canadian. They all do it. It is almost a code for asking permission to speak. Very polite people up there.

Ciardelo

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 17, 2015, 01:57:18 AM
very deep body recoverys...........Very hard to do. Even on rebreathers....
Yup. They mentioned that. They couldn't identify him by missing divers either. So he's an unknown that is still there.

ShayP

Just caught up with the the show from the archive.  I totally enjoyed it.  Fascinating stuff.  8)

FLLFlash

I enjoyed the show thoroughly. Good topic, good guest and Art was into it. What more could you ask for?

Thank you for this show (Redacted).

And no, there's no sarcasm intended here.

chefist

Listening now...really, really good show! I like the non-paranormal mix that Art and Heather are implementing! Keep up the great work, guys!

Ciardelo

Quote from: diyrob on November 17, 2015, 02:15:25 AM
She's Canadian. They all do it. It is almost a code for asking permission to speak. Very polite people up there.
I had no idea Neil DeGrasse-Tyson was Canadian.  8)

Dirkbonesteel

I found a recorded school program with pictures of some of the same things she was talking about including the well with human skulls. Worth a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC0cVUvoLJ4

FLLFlash

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 17, 2015, 01:45:24 PM
I had no idea Neil DeGrasse-Tyson was Canadian.  8)

He's from the Bronx and Bronx School of Science. His "So's" are an academic affectation.