• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151113 - Terrorism in Paris - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

swordpoint9

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 13, 2015, 11:37:06 PM
Fair points, but probably not the place to get into a detailed discussion of French political vice military decisions/reactions regarding Algeria.  Would also get into a serious discussion of Suez and the Eisenhower Administration's reaction to Anglo-Franco "colonialism" and how that got us into the shitstorm we're in today.  Would love to sit down with you over a couple beers, would be great to see where we agree and disagree.
Now those are great tomes to discuss !

Quote from: maren on November 13, 2015, 11:32:47 PM
Very interesting guest (I learned things) - and as always, spot-on questions from Art (and I learned things because of those questions, too).

I missed just about all of this today while at work and running around -- came home and turned on CNN and MSNBC, but was most happy to learn Art was going to have a bit on it.   Art always does the right thing.

Thanks, Art.

And thanks for being here, Bellgabbers *BIG group hug*
:)

albrecht

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:36:27 PM
The definition of a "war crime" is very clear, in case any of you are wondering or unsure.

https://www.icrc.org/customary-ihl/eng/docs/v1_rul_rule156

It's a long read, but the bottom line is what the U.S. did in Iraq is a war crime.  That's why this is such a complicated and toxic situation.  You have to remember that was the LONGEST war in American history, and many of the people we are now seeing fighting are the CHILDREN of those killed by U.S. and "coalition" forces back in the 2000's.

I predicted this would happen when Bush pulled the trigger.  And I was right.  Many of those fighting with ISIS and others right now were 9, 10, 11 year old boys who watched their families get killed.  Now they're in their late teens and early 20's, and they're FUCKING mad.

I must say there is a hell of a lot of denial in the U.S. right now.  Bread and circuses baby.
Interesting, so you claim it is the Iraqi children coming as 'refugees'? Odd, the press and usual apologists claim they are all Syrian, which, of course, is not true but odd that they are all Iraqi children.

Catops

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:36:27 PM
The definition of a "war crime" is very clear, in case any of you are wondering or unsure.

https://www.icrc.org/customary-ihl/eng/docs/v1_rul_rule156

It's a long read, but the bottom line is what the U.S. did in Iraq is a war crime.  That's why this is such a complicated and toxic situation.  You have to remember that was the LONGEST war in American history, and many of the people we are now seeing fighting are the CHILDREN of those killed by U.S. and "coalition" forces back in the 2000's.

[. . . ]

I must say there is a hell of a lot of denial in the U.S. right now.  Bread and circuses baby.

I'm not up on international law, but The Dollop certainly had a hard time making the Iraq War funny, and I still think it was mostly yelps of pain rather than laughter you hear in the podcast: http://thedollop.libsyn.com/122-the-iraq-war

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: norland2424 on November 13, 2015, 11:36:45 PM
Lol goodluck with that.

The U.S. sit down and talk to the Saudis?  No.  The Saudis are sweet, sweet allies of the U.S.  Remember this photo?

Meanwhile, they probably behead more people than ISIS.  Ironic, isn't it?

Dateline

I feel safe with my radio this evening, Art is in control.

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 13, 2015, 11:31:10 PM
Good stuff, but I use Oneida Nations Black Cherry Fire to avoid suppy interruptions. ;)

Happy Fri 13th Everyone :)

OOOhh.... Serenade

Good evening Sandman!

FLLFlash

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:26:53 PM
Well, FLLFlash is it a better idea to find out who they are and kill them, or wait until they kill your loved ones?  Like, while they're in a movie theater, or at the ball game or maybe watching a concert?  Your call.

I was asking you. It's just fine with me. As far as I am concerned it's OK to kill every last one of them, wherever. These folks are PIRATES and should be treated accordingly.

norland2424

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:40:09 PM
The U.S. sit down and talk to the Saudis?  No.  The Saudis are sweet, sweet allies of the U.S.  Remember this photo?

While the saudis are shit bags you can't blame all of the worlds problem's on bush,even more so since hes been out of power for a while now..

Lola2001

Quote from: Meister_000 on November 13, 2015, 11:38:59 PM
Did ArtBell.com get hacked again?    I'm getting "403 Forbidden"

Works for me. Using Chrome. Maybe try another browser :)

jazmunda

Quote from: Meister_000 on November 13, 2015, 11:38:59 PM
Did ArtBell.com get hacked again?    I'm getting "403 Forbidden"

Working for me but the layout looks a little different.

swordpoint9

Indeed and in fact Dear Leader even Bowed to His Brother !

Zenman

someguy

nobody is gonna read this post, but this guest is fucking stupid

Uncle Duke

Agree with Batchelor, the French are first rate.  Sometimes the bad guys win, but the French will strike back with a vengence.

Saudi Arabia is the country that is funding all these fundamentalist groups. And we continue to support them and let their royals do whatever they want. Seriously, if you want to defeat "Islamic Terrorism" you need to deal with Saudi Arabia. You can't go into Afghanistan, using women's rights as justification, while being aligned with the worst state in the world for women's rights.

MABUSE

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 13, 2015, 11:37:02 PM
This is tough to say but...

This attack was a major fail as well. The stadium attack was a flop and I rather imagine that was the primary piece.

I'm not disagreeing, but the subtext I was trying to elicit is this:
These jihadis are not particularly well trained or proficient.  They rely on the helplessness of their victims and, as we have repeatedly seen, when confronted with opposition, they fall apart, they are incapable of adapting, improvising and succeeding.  Their indoctrination paints the West as weak, complaint, lazy and pacifistic, lacking in any sense of self-defense and unlikely to put up a fight.  In many ways, this has been born out all over in Europe.  It is a cautionary observation regarding the twisted panties whineratti mentality that is being inculcated into the US population.
**M**     

VtaGeezer

I'd rather have open lines on the Paris topic.  I'm sick of these f'ing security "experts" who, for $500/hr, tell us the obvious.  All night I've heard these guys saying the Paris killers pulled off the equivalent of the Normandy Invasion. Here's another Ed Dames of anti-terrorism. 

Spinner

Hello, fellow gabbers.
I had not listened to any media today, and I just found out from Art about the terrible events in France. My prayers go out to all the French people, and to all freedom-loving humans around the world.

swordpoint9

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 13, 2015, 11:43:38 PM
Saudi Arabia is the country that is funding all these fundamentalist groups. And we continue to support them and let their royals do whatever they want. Seriously, if you want to defeat "Islamic Terrorism" you need to deal with Saudi Arabia. You can't go into Afghanistan, using women's rights as justification, while being aligned with the worst state in the world for women's rights.
TRruh ..... Politics is never right on time during Modernity in the West !

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: norland2424 on November 13, 2015, 11:41:59 PM
While the saudis are shit bags you can't blame all of the worlds problem's on bush,even more so since hes been out of power for a while now..

norland, you need to understand that geopolitics is like planting a seed.  What Bush did has led to where we are now.  There's nothing a follow-up POTUS could have done to change the powerful flow after that.

Wake up, man.  Bush's illegal wars killed MILLIONS of CIVILIANS.  Now they want revenge.  Get it?