• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151109 - Ralph Sarchie - Demonology - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 09, 2015, 04:19:30 PM

AppealPlay

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 09, 2015, 11:31:53 PM
I'm enjoying this, but it's hard to buy his argument that the disappearance of God from society causes more violence when you have a middle east that's currently engaging in an orgy of killing in God's name.

Not the same thing at all.  That's a different little 'g' god and yes I know most of you would say it's the same thing.

chefist

Quote from: ChandlersDad on November 09, 2015, 11:33:24 PM
So you are saying that because I am not a right wing conservative Christian that means I am automatically a communist. Perhaps you missed it, but the Soviet Union fell in 1989. Russia is now a capitalist nation. China, although officially communist, is more capitalist than the USA!  You need to keep up.

Touchy aren't we, Comrade?

FLLFlash

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on November 09, 2015, 11:24:29 PM
They teach them to either quickly grab the slide and push back and hold or push directly against the muzzle end of the pistol to take it out of battery.  I sure as hell wouldn't want to try and do that. :o

I'm not doing that. I've already had a serious hand repair that would probably end up being seriouser.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: gx2music on November 09, 2015, 11:34:03 PM
Catholics would argue that's about killing in Satans name.  ( a false god).

They've said the opposite in the past, crusades, inquisitions etc. They're not the most credible institution for disavowing religious killings.

AppealPlay

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 09, 2015, 11:35:38 PM
I'm not doing that. I've already had a serious hand repair that would probably end up being seriouser.

Agreed.  Should it come to that, I'll take my chances with drawing my CCW.

ShayP

Quote from: jazmunda on November 09, 2015, 11:26:11 PM
It's worth a watch. Almost every scene of this movie occurred and was shot around where I grew up. Chopper used to frequent all the dodgy and dingy pubs around where my parents thought was a good place to bring up a family.

I'll check it out.  Thanks!  As far as places to raise a family, I don't think we realize what was around us when we were kids.  These guys were a few blocks up the street when I was a kid. 

Nice fellas actually.....aside from the crime and such.

Sean92008

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on November 09, 2015, 11:31:06 PM
This is so much bullshit. Seriously.

Let's talk about priests molesting kids. Where was God then?

Well, apparently, this is the same god as mohammolested where the men have this thing for boys too...   Therefore, with the populations of Muslim and Catholic members being so large in numbers (validating their belief system because crazy is one, not tens of millions), the god they worship must be a pedophile into little boys.  God was there.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: dortmunder on November 09, 2015, 11:33:15 PM
Something in Art's voice tells me he's  gonna dump his ass and go to open lines before long.

Nah. I think Art just wants to get this religious fanatic off preaching at him and the audience (stuff we've all heard a million times living in the USA) and just get down to some entertaining spooky exorcism stories.  Father Martin never used his interviews to preach at everyone like some Southern Baptist preacher on acid.

AppealPlay

This isn't fair.  God doesn't molest children.

gx2music

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Father Martin said to Art during an interview that satanists had infiltrated the church to the highest levels, in order to destroy it.. 

Maybe that's why Father Martin ended up dead?

inuk2600

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 09, 2015, 11:31:53 PM
I'm an atheist, but really have no problem whatsoever with Christians. In fact, they're amongst the more decent and charitable people I know.

I'm always astounded at how vitriolic people have become towards them. I don't believe, they do ... end of story for me.

Yes, I started sharing your view of our Christian brothers and sisters after seeing the behavior in the middle east.

norland2424

Quote from: ChandlersDad on November 09, 2015, 11:36:30 PM
Nah. I think Art just wants to get this religious fanatic off preaching at him and the audience (stuff we've all heard a million times living in the USA) and just get down to some entertaining spooky exorcism stories.  Father Martin never used his interviews to preach at everyone like some Southern Baptist preacher on acid.

Art had him on before on coast so your out of luck comrade

ChandlersDad

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 09, 2015, 11:31:53 PM
I'm an atheist, but really have no problem whatsoever with Christians. In fact, they're amongst the more decent and charitable people I know.

I'm always astounded at how vitriolic people have become towards them. I don't believe, they do ... end of story for me.

You obviously are not gay or  belong to any othergroups on their Hate List.

jazmunda

Quote from: ShayP on November 09, 2015, 11:36:15 PM
I'll check it out.  Thanks!  As far as places to raise a family, I don't think we realize what was around us when we were kids.  These guys were a few blocks up the street when I was a kid. 

Nice fellas actually.....aside from the crime and such.

From what I know about Chopper anecdotally he was was the nicest guy going around except for the murders and stand over man stuff.

ShayP

Quote from: ChandlersDad on November 09, 2015, 11:40:05 PM
You obviously are not gay or  belong to any othergroups on their Hate List.

add Starbucks to the list.  ;D

ziznak

Quote from: flimflam384 on November 09, 2015, 11:27:48 PM
TERRIBLE guest.  Sounds like 700 Club horse shit to me.  "Yew don't love Jebus rightly ole Satain will common in!"
i dunno i think dude was just trying to say that the culture was becoming godless or spiritually bankrupt.  I didn't feel like he was preaching. 

Ah man I hate religion... let's not turn the thread into the old religious back n forth.

cmon... show just started! Dude's got some time for a few good stories... stay positive mah peepull