• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Gun Shots Fired at Art Bell's Property Tonight

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, October 22, 2015, 01:36:38 AM

AppealPlay

Quote from: ItsOver on October 22, 2015, 07:52:31 AM
I can't help but think either Art's decided to "low-key" it at this point or it's been recommended by local law enforcement, at least until the dust settles on the situation.

Whatever, the key thing is Art and family are apparently OK.

A poster in the Art Bell thread said it's because the server got hammered.  I'm thinking maybe too many people tried to go see what the hell happened last night and it overloaded the server.

ItsOver

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 22, 2015, 07:53:27 AM
A poster in the Art Bell thread said it's because the server got hammered.  I'm thinking maybe too many people tried to go see what the hell happened last night and it overloaded the server.
Could be.  I guess I have to learn patience is a virtue again.  It comes in handy for BellGab. ;)

EarthAlien007

Quote from: subvortex on October 22, 2015, 07:10:45 AM
artbell.com website is just showing a white screen now.  No content.

I wonder if it got hacked. Art was posting on Facebook so I don't think they took it down.
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/artbell.com

the_peeve

Just shows there is a police investigation. The sections of the sites have been frozen. Maybe the whacko(s) posted shit before. Maybe even by wormhole or maybe there are clues on the onair performance and  that's why I can't login to hear the podcast. Maybe the neighbours have given enough evidence to allow police to track down someone.
I wouldn't worry about the sites being down for now. It's normal procedure for police to freeze sites and want to have a history of who posted what and see for clues.

norland2424

See its down, not deleted.

nothumb
ArtbellWebsite Name:
artbell.comURL Checked:
no responseResponse Time:
unknownLast Down:
DOWN
Artbell.com is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding...

EarthAlien007

Quote from: the_peeve on October 22, 2015, 07:57:10 AM

Just shows there is a police investigation. The sections of the sites have been frozen. Maybe the whacko(s) posted shit before. Maybe even by wormhole or maybe there are clues on the onair performance and  that's why I can't login to hear the podcast. Maybe the neighbours have given enough evidence to allow police to track down someone.
I wouldn't worry about the sites being down for now. It's normal procedure for police to freeze sites and want to have a history of who posted what and see for clues.

You make very good points.

AppealPlay

Well, that's a good point, too.  We really are quick to say ART'S QUITTING!  It's PTSD. :D

Quote from: jazmunda on October 22, 2015, 07:46:43 AM
Can you blame him? Shots fired at your house with a young family inside is serious. No one can begrudge him if that's what he decides. This isn't a squabble about a stream.

No. Glad everyone's ok. What is wrong with some people?

ItsOver

That makes sense to me.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.  Too bad Columbo isn't still around.  ;)

norland2424

I don't think the servers are in parump, and i dont think it would go an interagency level if no one was actually shot.

It was Noory & Tommy in a blue Geo Metro. I just know it...

wr250

Quote from: rekcuf on October 22, 2015, 08:08:44 AM
It was Noory & Tommy in a blue Geo Metro. I just know it...
they dont have a metro

Tommy's Geo Metro: Noory's intimate home away from home.

wr250

Quote from: rekcuf on October 22, 2015, 08:12:50 AM
Tommy's Geo Metro: Noory's intimate home away from home.
tommy wont fit into a metro. unless he lost some weight after his recent hospitalization.

Quote from: wr250 on October 22, 2015, 08:13:49 AM
tommy wont fit into a metro. unless he lost some weight after his recent hospitalization.

That's the gag!

GravitySucks

No worries... Major Ed Dames has his best team working on it..  Team B is trying to find Bateman's phone. They believe that the phone is somewhere in a metropolitan area and are refining the coordinates to determine which one.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 22, 2015, 08:24:06 AM
No worries... Major Ed Dames has his best team working on it..  Team B is trying to find Bateman's phone.

Put out an A.P.B. on a Blue Geo Metro. California License plate: LATENIGHTKING! The suspects are two white males, the driver is extremely rotund, and writes mean emails. The passenger is a sliver tounged snake oil salesman with a "creepy" mustache...

chefist

Here is a link on FB to the story that was posted on artbell.com about the shooting....the site is still down so it will not open of course....

Art Bell shared a link.
3 hrs ·
Gun Shots Fired At Art's Studio During LIVE Broadcast - Art Bell
During Art ‘s live broadcast of the “Midnight in the Desert” radio program tonight, gun shots rang out in his neighborhood. Police were called to the scene and it…
artbell.com

... Passenger should be considered armed and dangerous, due to trying P90x...

area51drone

Quote from: jazmunda on October 22, 2015, 07:46:43 AM
Can you blame him? Shots fired at your house with a young family inside is serious. No one can begrudge him if that's what he decides. This isn't a squabble about a stream.

I agree with you Jaz, it's way too serious.  Art just did a show recently where he said that if his life were threatened by the government, he'd go off the air.   If my wife and children were in the line of fire for any reason, I think I'd quit too.   I hope they find whoever did this.

area51drone

Quote from: chefist on October 22, 2015, 08:34:57 AM
Here is a link on FB to the story that was posted on artbell.com about the shooting....the site is still down so it will not open of course....

Art Bell shared a link.
3 hrs ·
Gun Shots Fired At Art's Studio During LIVE Broadcast - Art Bell
During Art ‘s live broadcast of the “Midnight in the Desert” radio program tonight, gun shots rang out in his neighborhood. Police were called to the scene and it…
artbell.com

From the google cache:

Gun Shots Fired At Art’s Studio During LIVE Broadcast
Posted on October 22, 2015 in Oddities, On The Air | 339 Views | Leave a response

During Art’s live broadcast of the “Midnight in the Desert” radio program tonight, gun shots rang out in his neighborhood. Police were called to the scene and it was determined that  a subject had driven into Art’s neighborhood and fired shots near or at Art’s studio.

As heard on the broadcast of Wednesday’s night show, Art had interrupted his guest and started playing music while he went out to investigate the situation. He returned to the air and completed the interview on his program. After the show, Art was able to investigate the situation further.

The incident is still under investigation. Art posted on his Facebook page:

Ok, the police just left for the second time and the girls are asleep, so here is what I can tell you, about 10:33 PT I got a text from my close neighbor saying he had heard 4 or 5 fast shots that seemed near my studio, he thought they were from the street behind the house but did not see anything, then a moment later another neighbor lady texted me that she heard the shots and saw a car in the dead end lane in front of my studio fire 4 or 5 rifle shots at or near the house and take off in a mid size car. We will check for bullet holes in the daylight. The girls turned off all lights and hugged the floor. We are all OK but a bit freaked out. We have video cameras, but not recorded, that will change. Sorry for the scare but it was worse on this end.

We will post any additional information as we receive it and will keep you informed.

b_dubb

Quote from: norland2424 on October 22, 2015, 07:57:32 AM
See its down, not deleted.

nothumb
ArtbellWebsite Name:
artbell.comURL Checked:
no responseResponse Time:
unknownLast Down:
DOWN
Artbell.com is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding...
Is it possible this is a result of too much traffic going to the site and eating up the bandwidth and not Keith turning it off?

AppealPlay

Quote from: b_dubb on October 22, 2015, 08:44:46 AM
Is it possible this is a result of too much traffic going to the site and eating up the bandwidth and not Keith turning it off?

That is my thought and what someone in the Art Bell thread posted.  I'm guessing everyone tried to find out what the hell happened last night and overloaded the servers.

Quote from: area51drone on October 22, 2015, 08:37:25 AM
I agree with you Jaz, it's way too serious.  Art just did a show recently where he said that if his life were threatened by the government, he'd go off the air.   If my wife and children were in the line of fire for any reason, I think I'd quit too.   I hope they find whoever did this.

In all seriousness, hopefully this had nothing to do with Art personally. Best case - it's just some idiot being stupid. I hope the police and Art figure out what happened.

SredniVashtar

It could be any number of things, but the last one on the list for me would have anything to do with him being on the air. I don't think (as some speculated) that it's a stunt, but Art does have a habit of dramatising things, so we ought to wait and see what the actual facts are instead of listening to a load of white noise. The odds are it's some random drunks trying to annoy a local celebrity, but it may possibly be part of a neighbour dispute. This is total speculation, but Art does like bigger and better radio masts, and it wouldn't be totally beyond the realm of possibility for him to have pissed off a neighbour that way. Quarrels with neighbours can get insane, so that is at least a possibility.

norland2424

artbell.com seems to be down!

We got a 503 response code with an ip of 54.68.212.200.

Go back to check another site or save this as your default.

503 Service Unavailable
    The server is currently unavailable (because it is overloaded or down for maintenance). Generally, this is a temporary state.

Ciardelo

Quote from: norland2424 on October 22, 2015, 08:50:38 AM
artbell.com seems to be down!

We got a 503 response code with an ip of 54.68.212.200.

Go back to check another site or save this as your default.

503 Service Unavailable
    The server is currently unavailable (because it is overloaded or down for maintenance). Generally, this is a temporary state.
Hoaxland's page is down too! OMG they got to HOAGIE!