• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Gun Shots Fired at Art Bell's Property Tonight

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, October 22, 2015, 01:36:38 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: anunnaki on October 22, 2015, 05:36:01 PM
As a side note, any Vets with a Service Connected Disability get a 10% Discount in most of these stores.
HD gives a 10% discount to all retired vets every day and 10% to any vet on Memorial Day, July4th and Veteran's Day. Lowe's does on the holidays as well.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: anunnaki on October 22, 2015, 05:32:36 PM
It would be interesting to know if any shots were directed to Art's outside transmission equipment.
If so, it might indicate deliberate and not random shots.

If so, then I would wonder what Federal Laws might cover crimes of suppression/destruction of Media Transmission.

This is one of the reasons why I want a thorough and not half-assed lazy investigation.

And also the reason I'm curious if any federal agency is involved in the investigation.  I assume the FCC had criminal investigators who would have jurisdiction over crimes associated with impacting TV and radio transmissions.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 22, 2015, 05:43:23 PM
And also the reason I'm curious if any federal agency is involved in the investigation.  I assume the FCC had criminal investigators who would have jurisdiction over crimes associated with impacting TV and radio transmissions.
Probably not for a little internet show 😎

anunnaki

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 22, 2015, 05:35:08 PM
The other thing I wonder is if Art's place represents a large open area surrounded by houses.  Maybe that's why the guy was shooting in that direction.  It still seems strange he would stop his car there specifically to do that.

What's interesting is that while Art and most neighbors prosperity are sparse on vegetation, there is one neighbor about a block away, whose property is in stark contrast, being lush and green, like an oasis.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 22, 2015, 05:26:59 PM
Pahrump is a backwater (without the water)
Besides the good demographics, as you mentioned in your last post, Pahrump sits upon approximately 22 million acre-feet of water in the aquifer. The NAME itself means, in the native language: "water-rock" and was initially developed due to the many artesian wells in the region. Do you even do research or just post as a know-it-all?

GravitySucks

Quote from: anunnaki on October 22, 2015, 05:45:56 PM
What's interesting is that while Art and most neighbors prosperity are sparse on vegetation, there is one neighbor about a block away, whose property is in stark contrast, being lush and green, like an oasis.
Art says that they have wells, so if you want to spend the money to pump the water, then anything goes.

analog kid

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 22, 2015, 01:41:02 AM
That was some of the most intense scary radio I've ever heard. It was like the War of the Worlds broadcast when the aliens first strike and they keep playing music in between crazy reports.

The scariest thing to me is this happened right in the middle of tonight's broadcast like it was timed. If it's kids playing around in the desert, I don't care how drunk or high you are, you aren't going to be shooting up houses for fun.

We've had bullets flying through our property numerous times from kids with rifles not knowing to fire away from people's homes. Three of us including myself could hear the bullets flying past our heads.

Hopefully it was a one-time occurrence of an idiot shooting at lizards or something.

trostol

he has a tower right? said tower probably has lights on it? some kid was trying to shoot the lights off old man Bell's tower lol

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 22, 2015, 05:45:28 PM
Probably not for a little internet show 😎

But the show is broadcast on over-the-air, FCC regulated terrestrial radio stations as well.

I was looking at Art's house on Google Maps and geez that area is desolate. It's also interesting to point out J Neil Schulman lives like 1.4 miles from Art and the area between them is nothing. Not saying he is responsible but if he wants to be a serious paranormal host he should also be careful given how desolate that area is.

Quite frankly living that far away from everything would give me the creeps.

trostol

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 22, 2015, 05:51:30 PM
I was looking at Art's house on Google Maps and geez that area is desolate. It's also interesting to point out J Neil Schulman lives like 1.4 miles from Art and the area between them is nothing. Not saying he is responsible but if he wants to be a serious paranormal host he should also be careful given how desolate that area is.

that i can agree with of sorts..it would be creepy but also kind of cool...there are areas kind of like that in vegas once you move away from the strip area..a lot of these lil streets that lead to nothing..lot of gated communities

Catsmile

Quite frankly strangers using Google Maps to dox my home would creep me out way more than living in the boondocks.  :-\

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on October 22, 2015, 05:55:21 PM
that i can agree with of sorts..it would be creepy but also kind of cool...there are areas kind of like that in vegas once you move away from the strip area..a lot of these lil streets that lead to nothing..lot of gated communities
I think a lot of people here live in cities or suburbs and don't appreciate when one lives in rural- or even semi-rural or incorporated areas that police do not just "appear" when you call 911. Which is why many in the country, particularly near the border, but in general are armed and support gun rights. Usually you rely on the County or State police and they could be a hundred miles away, possibly. Or dealing with another situation. And usually, due to sparse population and tax-base, not many per area. And you might not even have cell coverage to call if out on your property somewhere. So if something happens: criminals, drug smugglers, meth heads stealing your stuff, wild animals, etc you need to deal with the situation (not necessarily confront/shooting- though that could be an option- but protect your family by leaving, securing in a building, etc) because it could be sometime before police arrive.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 22, 2015, 05:50:56 PM
But the show is broadcast on over-the-air, FCC regulated terrestrial radio stations as well.
It was a JOKE

norland2424

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 22, 2015, 05:51:30 PM

Just imagine all the lumps in the desert out there lol

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 22, 2015, 05:50:56 PM
That's what I keep yelling at those damn kids who bash my mailbox on Friday nights: "That's a Federal Crime- you're interfering with the Postal Service!!!" The FBI will reply respond though....

Quote from: trostol on October 22, 2015, 05:55:21 PM

In a lot of ways it reminds me of California City. Streets built for residents that never happened. So you have these weird streets with cul de sacs and no houses. Just crumbling streets in the middle of the desert. It's straight out of a horror movie if you ask me!

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2015, 06:03:19 PM
That's what I keep yelling at those damn kids who bash my mailbox on Friday nights: "That's a Federal Crime- you're interfering with the Postal Service!!!" The FBI will reply respond though....
I have heard that if you put a 6 foot king snake in a country mailbox, you will get an offical visit.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 22, 2015, 06:04:58 PM
In a lot of ways it reminds me of California City. Streets built for residents that never happened. So you have these weird streets with cul de sacs and no houses. Just crumbling streets in the middle of the desert. It's straight out of a horror movie if you ask me!
That is where they should have filmed TWD. They wouldn't have to keep mowing the lawns.

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on October 22, 2015, 05:50:48 PM
he has a tower right? said tower probably has lights on it? some kid was trying to shoot the lights off old man Bell's tower lol
"Stop shooting at my tower!"

trostol

i'd still move back to Vegas if i could lol

anunnaki

As someone who spent time in both a major city and a summer home far from that, I can attest to the beauty of a star filled night totally devoid of any ground light pollution from street lights and parking lots.
Its like looking at grains of sugar scattered on black velvet. When that became lost forever, I moved away to a place pop: 785 and no traffic light.
My stars are back, and like Art, I can enjoy the beauty of "silver webs and shadows", of the night.

albrecht

Remember the movie "Over the Edge?"
Your comment reminded me of that.

the_peeve

Quote from: maren on October 22, 2015, 05:13:39 PM
Okay -- a few people have mentioned dentist appointments.  Coincidence??????  Yeah, I didn't think so.   >:(

Leo on his facebook, posted the "drama queen" statement, and then said he wasn't on air the night of the incident because he had a dentist appointment in the morning. Who prepares for a dentist? It was so weird. Telling people that he had  an excuse to where he was.

Catsmile

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 22, 2015, 06:06:37 PM
I have heard that if you put a 6 foot king snake in a country mailbox, you will get an offical visit.

Opossums will also, if you run into a humorless bureaucrat; as I see you currently have.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 22, 2015, 05:59:37 PM
It was a JOKE

Yes, I got the joke part, but still wonder what part the FCC and/or other federal agencies will play here if this was a concerted effort to interfer with an FCC regulated radio broadcast.

anunnaki

Quote from: maren on October 22, 2015, 05:13:39 PM
Okay -- a few people have mentioned dentist appointments.  Coincidence??????  Yeah, I didn't think so.   >:(

Was it Pres. Eisenhower who used that same line when he met with Aliens ?