• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Gun Shots Fired at Art Bell's Property Tonight

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, October 22, 2015, 01:36:38 AM

Quote from: trostol on October 22, 2015, 03:24:26 PM
as i said last night during the show..i hear gunshots every night

Sounds lovely, ever consider moving?

Quote from: Catsmile on October 22, 2015, 03:42:53 PM
So... you are one of the people who "live in urban gang/crime areas.  Blame the people who govern those areas for creating and tolerating all that, not honest gun owners."

Why are you such a criminal that hates Paper*Boys bullshit narrative of  < 'Merica FUCK YEAH!â,,¢ > ?

TRUE STORY!  ??? ::)

Keep voting 'Progressive' for more of same

norland2424

Aslong as Art is safe and all that, do we really need to be contacting his local sheriff office with bullshit requests on information?

Eddie Coyle

I'll be disappointed if Sharon Wehrly's Ancestry.com profile is not linked here soon, with personal contact info for each and every relative. Pester the Wehrly clan across the planet for justice!!!

anunnaki

"Dude unless art request people do this, you need to stop your bullshit."

Public interest is not controlled by anyone, nor is their "request" required. (See First Amendment to the United States Constitution)

Bleefy

Quote from: anunnaki on October 22, 2015, 03:44:20 PM
Obviously you missed "upon completion of this investigation"

Why even bother? I'm sure that Art's going to tell us everything that he can, as soon as he can. If he doesn't want us to know something, then respect his privacy. I'm really having trouble understanding what you're trying to do, other than needlessly harassing Parump PD.

anunnaki

There is no "Right to Privacy" concerning public shooting

VtaGeezer

Art shouldn't ignore the reality of the times. I think its unrealistic for a sometimes controversial media personality to live in such an exposed, accessible location without active security.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: anunnaki on October 22, 2015, 03:34:54 PM
Sample Public Interest Inquiry Email-

To :Sheriff Sharon Wehrly
sheriff@co.nye.nv.us;

Subject: Criminal Incident Inquiry

Shots fired on the late evening of 10/21/2015 were in the vicinity of 9041 Desert Lane, Pahrump, NV. 89048

While I realize that “On Going Investigations” limit public disclosure, some basic information is requested, to whit-

I would like to know -

1.Case Number

2.What action is being taken by your agency, and name/contact information of primary investigator assigned

3. What other (if any) agencies are investigating, and name/contact information of primary investigator assigned.

Be advised, that upon completion of this investigation to expect a FOI Request

Thank you

Well written and shows a good understanding of what can be released and when, this request asking for little more than administrative and PoC information.  Please post the Sheriff's response, I'm particularly interested in what other agencies, especially federal, are part of the investigation. 

anunnaki

Thank you "Uncle Duke"
As someone who understands government bureaucracy being a "Squeaky Wheel" and knowing how to light a fire under their ass lets them know not to just "blow it off" with just a superficial "look-see".

If enough inquiries come in, respective agencies will go the extra distance, if for no other reason, than to cover their ass, especially if they know there will be future FOI Requests.

If for any reason the Sheriff's Office is uncooperative, here is another venue-

State of Nevada
Department of Public Safety

Office of the Director, James Wright

555 Wright Way

Carson City, NV 89711-0900

775-684-4808 phone

775-684-4556 phone

Investigation Division
General 775-684-7412
Nevada threat Analysis Center-Suspicious Activity â€" 775-687-0450
Major Crimes â€" 775-684-7430
Records Office- 775-684-7400

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 22, 2015, 03:19:38 PM

Unlikely to happen to me; I don't live in the land of the free.. :)
But, oddly, oddly obsessed with commenting on it at every opportunity, on any situation. Even such a short time after claiming to be going a way from the boards.  :o
Welcome back!

munbeam666

Quote from: trostol on October 22, 2015, 02:15:33 PM
looking at pics of Parhump it reminds me of an old west town...never been there..am i far off? lol closest i have been in Vegas which..when you get out from the strip it starts to indeed get a weird vibe to it..
All of Nevada has a weird, old wild west vibe. Including Reno, and yes, even Las Vegas, to some extent....although LV is in a category of its own

coaster

Is that Art's address? Did you really have to share that with the entire world?

trostol

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 22, 2015, 03:44:57 PM
Sounds lovely, ever consider moving?

all the time...

keep in mind they arent directly outside of my house lol

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on October 22, 2015, 03:25:43 PM
That explains why you have the false idea that there is constant gun violence all across America. Gunshots outside your home (despite what the news tries to say) is only common in really bad parts of some cities.
Or in the country during certain seasons or times. But there is a difference in being shot at (or someone shooting from a road) than hearing shots in the distance, particularly if one lives in a rural or semi-rural area or if it is a hunting season, etc.

Supposedly (I don't know how well they work) some our cities have put in systems to identify location of gunshots. Could just be a boondoggle where some tech company salesperson pitched it well or maybe they work? I haven't heard. I haven't heard (despite the news or Hollywood) many places where shots just ring out all the time excepting certain parts of certain cities- and even then it is not "all the time" but too many. One will note the demographics and politics of said places also.

anunnaki

"Is that Art's address? Did you really have to share that with the entire world?"

Its PUBLIC INFORMATION listed on the INTERNET.
That is why I posted the link which is for http://www.whitepages.com/

Duh

It's no "Secret", neither are the google earth.com aerial and street views, some of which have been posted elsewhere previously.

K_Dubb

Quote from: henge0stone on October 22, 2015, 03:25:43 PM
That explains why you have the false idea that there is constant gun violence all across America. Gunshots outside your home (despite what the news tries to say) is only common in really bad parts of some cities.

I believe the comment is, or is meant to be, "banter", a hallmark of the English humour (sic) that allows gratuitous insults rendered harmless by an equal proportion of self-deprecation, if not actual loathing.  It welcomes reciprocation.

A couple banterers here can be a little neglectful of the balancing act that is the real art.  The self-loathing, though, may be safely implied.

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2015, 04:12:55 PM
Or in the country during certain seasons or times. But there is a difference in being shot at (or someone shooting from a road) than hearing shots in the distance, particularly if one lives in a rural or semi-rural area or if it is a hunting season, etc.

Supposedly (I don't know how well they work) some our cities have put in systems to identify location of gunshots. Could just be a boondoggle where some tech company salesperson pitched it well or maybe they work? I haven't heard. I haven't heard (despite the news or Hollywood) many places where shots just ring out all the time excepting certain parts of certain cities- and even then it is not "all the time" but too many. One will note the demographics and politics of said places also.

That should be so easy to do.  I've long thought you could just put microphones around a city, and they could automatically triangulate gunshots or identify street races by comparing the arrival time of the sound waves, and then vector in police using an automated system.  I wasn't aware this was actually being done though.

albrecht

Quote from: anunnaki on October 22, 2015, 04:14:01 PM
"Is that Art's address? Did you really have to share that with the entire world?"

Duh

It's no "Secret", neither are the google earth.com aerial and street views, some of which have been posted elsewhere previously.
Just because it IS public information (or posted somewhere else) doesn't mean you need to spread around, especially during this time. There is lots of stuff public but there is still common sense and decency. In my opinion, at least. These most everything, if you know where to look or have connections, can be found out about people- but why post it unless you want to encourage stalkers, crazies, or just headaches for people, even if it is "public record."

the_peeve

So we are harassing the police even before Art goes on air to give us an update? We can't even last 24 hours without making major interference? I can't believe my eyes.

Why not post  GPS shots of Art's property? Set up a drawing of where you think the shooting began and where a bullet or two made contact to the buildings. Why post the 911 address when you can post where the front and back and side doors are?! What were the girls wearing at the time of the shooting?

Who the F are you to get involved?

maren

Quote from: coaster on October 22, 2015, 02:35:09 AM
I could see this as a reason for Art to quit.

I thought his sign off could have been a fare thee well, but he's doing a show tonight. 

coaster

Quote from: anunnaki on October 22, 2015, 04:14:01 PM

Duh

If you are going to quote someone, why not just hit the "quote" link instead of typing out what someone else said?

anunnaki

When sending a letter of inquiry to a govt. investigative agency, specific information such as date, time, and LOCATION are both necessary and important.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 22, 2015, 04:16:14 PM
That should be so easy to do.  I've long thought you could just put microphones around a city, and they could automatically triangulate gunshots or identify street races and vector in police.
Not quite as easy due to echoes, back-fires, etc but, essentially, that is the system. I have yet to read any large study, that doesn't seem to be biased in favor of it or company-based, about how effective it is, though. Or if prosecutions/arrests been increased. Less gunfire due to a deterrent effect. The cost of system/operation/maintenance vs not having it vs crime rate. And so on. Lots of hype though.

coaster

Quote from: the_peeve on October 22, 2015, 04:18:23 PM
So we are harassing the police even before Art goes on air to give us an update? We can't even last 24 hours without making major interference? I can't believe my eyes.

Why not post  GPS shots of Art's property? Set up a drawing of where you think the shooting began and where a bullet or two made contact to the buildings. Why post the 911 address when you can post where the front and back and side doors are?! What were the girls wearing at the time of the shooting?

Who the F are you to get involved?
Because it's Anunnaki's right, damnit! He has the right to be overbearing, and he plans to exercise that right.

anunnaki

Quote from: coaster on October 22, 2015, 04:20:12 PM
If you are going to quote someone, why not just hit the "quote" link instead of typing out what someone else said?

This looks like one of those "if you can't dispute the point, find a way to attack the messenger personally"

Catsmile

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 22, 2015, 03:45:35 PM
Keep voting 'Progressive' for more of same

You have no Idea who I vote for.
Take the bullshit back to politics.
What low waterline where everything becomes about politics.
Where logic is abandoned for bullshit narrative.

This may be hard for your Faggy SanFran apartment dwelling mind to get around; but there are places where honest gun owners not only own guns, but shockingly even discharge them. Not to defend themselves or kill "urban criminals". Some folks actually enjoy the act of legally shooting a gun in a safe manner at targets, or hunting on their own property.

Just because you live in a over populated shit hole where people are to stupid or malicious to not shoot up the place doesn't mean we all have to conform to your narrative of who to vote for, or how life should be lived to be safe. You live in the heartland of Progressive politics, and bitch endlessly about the Progressive blight. Meanwhile it's not bad enough for you to think about moving. I reckon paying lips service to Conservative ideas while enjoying the Progressive prosperity is much easier than uprooting yourself to live in a grand Conservative Mecca where you could really prosper... or could you?    ::)  :-X

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2015, 04:21:33 PM
Not quite as easy due to echoes, back-fires, etc but, essentially, that is the system. I have yet to read any large study, that doesn't seem to be biased in favor of it or company-based, about how effective it is, though. Or if prosecutions/arrests been increased. Less gunfire due to a deterrent effect. The cost of system/operation/maintenance vs not having it vs crime rate. And so on. Lots of hype though.

Well, there goes another business idea I was too slow to act on.