• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Gun Shots Fired at Art Bell's Property Tonight

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, October 22, 2015, 01:36:38 AM

Figure this is a big enough topic that it should get it's own thread.

What we know for sure from what Art said...

Multiple shots were fired tonight around Art's property while he was on the air

Art's neighbor informed him of this around 10:30 PM tonight

The shots were apparently fired at one of Art's buildings

Apparently these came from a dangerous person although Art seemed reluctant to mention anything else and he might have just been speculating

Art left the air twice to handle the situation, once when one of his motion detectors was set off to the back door of his studio

That's about all I gathered...

AppealPlay

The theory I want to believe is Leo finally lost his mind and took some roided up shots at Art's house.

The story that's most likely true is some dumb kits were shooting the desert.

That was some of the most intense scary radio I've ever heard. It was like the War of the Worlds broadcast when the aliens first strike and they keep playing music in between crazy reports.

The scariest thing to me is this happened right in the middle of tonight's broadcast like it was timed. If it's kids playing around in the desert, I don't care how drunk or high you are, you aren't going to be shooting up houses for fun.

jazmunda

That was intense radio. The second time Art had to leave (when the light sensors went off) I think we all would have understood if he had to cancel the broadcast.

morgana213

Wow, how intense was that?  Freaked me out.  And then poor Bateman gets mugged.  Gawd, what a crazy night. 

inuk2600

Maybe it was a religious wackadoodle who didn't like Art's big news announcement at the start of the show.

Thinking like the cut throat evil capitalist that I am...

This is going to be fantastic publicity for the show. I've been watching Google waiting for a media outlet to pick it up. Refreshing about every five minutes and this story is slowly beginning to make the rounds like a snowball beginning to roll down a mountain. This story is going to catch fire and be all over the place by tomorrow night. I bet Art gets a ton of visibility out of this and manages to swing maybe a few hundred new subscribers because of this.

Obviously this was a horrible thing and I'm not making light of it. But I am watching this as a strange side effect of the show tonight.

I feel awful for everyone having an awful night. And it has been one. Even for me, without going into any details. It wouldn't be fair to those who had a worse off one.

The show's ending gave me chills tonight.. Art thanking everyone.
Not to be dramatic, but remember Teddy Roosevelt giving a speech after getting shot?
I pictured, at that moment, Bell with blood all over his studio but being calm and cool until the end.
And it got me rather sad.

I think my fear is unheard of.. But it was dramatic nonetheless.
I checked some local fishwrappers from Pahrump, even a newspaper facebook page, but they are only having stories of people with lost kitten. *Good luck with the cacti* .. I wrote up a story for my own website on this but still don't think I can give it justice.

This shook up Art, you can sure tell. But he has ample protection, and as he said, his wife can fire a good shot too.
Regardless of that, I can only imagine being the victim not only of a crime but if this is the way we fear it, a potential shooting, it is awful..

My emotions are beyond shock. This is pretty darn dramatic radio. Not sure if I ever heard something like this occur to any other host in the past, and thankfully so.

Forgive me for just unloading random thoughts here.

But I will never hear disco music the same again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWR9xCGLQAg

Did anyone listen to Bellahaven back a few months ago. Rosegirl said something about threats being made, if I recall correctly. This is the first thing I thought of.

coaster

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 21, 2013, 09:57:35 PM

How did you know I was told it had a note on it? Hmmm.

Anyway, I was told....by an FBI agent....that there had been threats over a period of time and that the last one was a 'okay...there will be a sign in a few days' and then a few days later....the rock with the note went through the window. I had assumed it was the Phillipines...I may have jumped to that conclusion, because apparently it was an attempt to prove they could get to his family.

So.....are you saying it did happen or didn't?

Rosegirl mentioned some other stuff like death threats etc

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 22, 2015, 02:12:45 AM
Maybe it was a religious wackadoodle who didn't like Art's big news announcement at the start of the show.

I've noticed there are some real creeps that post on Art's fb page.  One posted a few days ago that he didn't like the evil, satanic topics on Art's show.  He created quite a stir among Art's fans.  I guess most public figures are going to have to deal with some kind of wack, but the ones on fb posting crazy stuff openly under their own names seem particularly scary.

AppealPlay

I think everyone is jumping to conclusions.  It's probably just some drunk dude.

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 22, 2015, 02:40:21 AM
I think everyone is jumping to conclusions.  It's probably just some drunk dude.

probably right, but it is creepy. I listen to the show in podcast, did Art say he knew who the shooter was?

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 22, 2015, 01:36:38 AM
Figure this is a big enough topic that it should get it's own thread.

What we know for sure from what Art said...

Multiple shots were fired tonight around Art's property while he was on the air

Art's neighbor informed him of this around 10:30 PM tonight

The shots were apparently fired at one of Art's buildings

Apparently these came from a dangerous person although Art seemed reluctant to mention anything else and he might have just been speculating

Art left the air twice to handle the situation, once when one of his motion detectors was set off to the back door of his studio

That's about all I gathered...

Doesnt Leo's co-host J neil live in Pahrump? wonder if he knows anything about this? seems like small town gossip would get around. 

I don't think Leo or J Neil have anything to do with this for the record. 

It is probably some well known crazy town drunk who likes to shoot guns in the middle of the night drunkenly in the desert, and hopefully nothing nefarious.

Let's be careful about assigning blame or naming any potential suspects. Fun is fun and jokes are jokes. I was certainly making Leo and Quick Karl jokes earlier tonight. But let's not let anything get out of control or libel anyone with accusations based on pure speculation.

I'm obviously no one's father (that I know of) and I'm not telling anyone what to do. I just think we could get carried away if we go that direction. And this is some pretty serious business.

AppealPlay

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 22, 2015, 02:49:11 AM
Let's be careful about assigning blame or naming any potential suspects. Fun is fun and jokes are jokes. I was certainly making Leo and Quick Karl jokes earlier tonight. But let's not let anything get out of control or libel anyone with accusations based on pure speculation.

I'm obviously no one's father (that I know of) and I'm not telling anyone what to do. I just think we could get carried away if we go that direction. And this is some pretty serious business.

Yeah, this is true.  Fair enough.

Sean92008

Passing it off as "probably a drunk" is probably the furthest off.  Art's a target, has a history in that town (remember, his son was traumatized by a teacher and crap was said and threats were made back then).

I'd think that AB's got video around the grounds, hopefully, he has nice and clear images of something the cops can take and run with.  Announcing your security system isn't a wise thing but announcing you have weapons and know how to use them, is.

If, by some stretch, it were a drunk... Shoot him, kill him for threatening the safety of my family.  Having my daughters changed me.  When my first one was 7-8 months old, a man was in my back yard.  This was after someone in a neighborhood nearby kidnapped and killed a girl.  I chased the guy down and got him on his back where I tried to kill him. I don't recall even hitting anyone before.  I was visualizing pulling his heart out.  Too bad I wasn't strong enough.  Cops let me walk and DA congratulated me for scaring the shit out of this guy (he was a habitual problem).

Quote from: Sean92008 on October 22, 2015, 03:54:55 AM
Passing it off as "probably a drunk" is probably the furthest off.  Art's a target, has a history in that town (remember, his son was traumatized by a teacher and crap was said and threats were made back then).

I'd think that AB's got video around the grounds, hopefully, he has nice and clear images of something the cops can take and run with.  Announcing your security system isn't a wise thing but announcing you have weapons and know how to use them, is.

If, by some stretch, it were a drunk... Shoot him, kill him for threatening the safety of my family.  Having my daughters changed me.  When my first one was 7-8 months old, a man was in my back yard.  This was after someone in a neighborhood nearby kidnapped and killed a girl.  I chased the guy down and got him on his back where I tried to kill him. I don't recall even hitting anyone before.  I was visualizing pulling his heart out.  Too bad I wasn't strong enough.  Cops let me walk and DA congratulated me for scaring the shit out of this guy (he was a habitual problem).

So was the guy in you backyard that you tried to kill, was he the killer from a nearby town? or just some drunk?

DanTSX

It's Pahrump.  It was probably young adults being stupid.

But this is America.  The proper answer is always.....MORE GUNS

Hey Art, as a man with means, you should look into investing into some transferable machine guns.  They are fully automatic, and fully transferable to individuals or corporations within many US States including Nevada.

The price is high, but they rarely ever go down.  So you'd be looking at a very quickly appreciating class of assets.  Total time to ownership is about 6-9 months depending if they are in your state or not.  I can give you some contacts of registered dealers of this type of firearm if you want, PM me.   ;D

If you want, I can fly out to LV and hold the belt for you

Shitloads of full auto machineguns for sale.  Fuck I love this country -->http://www.autoweapons.com

Maybe an M16 that you could add night vision, silencer, and a IR laser to?  The creeps won't know where you are, or how you found them.

http://dealernfa.com/shop/m16-bushmaster-firearms-excellent-ea5986/

Zetaspeak

That was really messed up and scary. Hope everything turns out well and it's an isolated incident.

PING

I listened to the first few minutes then drifted off to sleep.

Art needs Bellgab Security.

Bellgab Security: if you're found here at night, you won't be found in the morning.

AppealPlay

This is really messed up.  I hope the police find the shooter but, honestly, without any more evidence (Art said he has a security camera system but it wasn't recording) that seems unlikely.

I'm still sticking with my original theory of some dumb kids until I see something different.  And no, for the record, I do not think Leo is involved.  It was a joke people. :P

berry

Best wishes for Art and his family to recover from the trauma of the evening. However, it is very coincidental that both Art and Bateman were attacked last night. It does make my mind wander. I hope they all recover quickly.

Lowquay

Quote from: berry on October 22, 2015, 06:02:32 AM
Best wishes for Art and his family to recover from the trauma of the evening. However, it is very coincidental that both Art and Bateman were attacked last night. It does make my mind wander. I hope they all recover quickly.

Who is Bateman? And Art what is the point of having camera's if you're not recording? Get that up and running! Glad his family is safe.