• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151021 - Dr. William Forstchen - EMPs - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 21, 2015, 08:03:43 PM

b_dubb

So an unnamed source from NASA says that the Dyson Sphere story is true? Does this unnamed source have credentials? A NASA parking sticker at least?

Zenman

jazmunda

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 21, 2015, 10:30:27 PM
One Second After is a worthy read.  EMP goes off.  People become cannibals.  No one is safe, including children.

I hope the Apocalypse comes after I'm long gone. I'm too lazy to have to defend my family from roving gangs of cannibals. I just want to play with my electronic toys.

Auslandia

Quote from: b_dubb on October 21, 2015, 10:32:41 PM
So an unnamed source from NASA says that the Dyson Sphere story is true? Does this unnamed source have credentials? A NASA parking sticker at least?

I still don't understand how they can tell anything at all.  It's just something blocking starlight

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 21, 2015, 10:29:39 PM
Anybody else out looking for the meteor shower?  Been out about 45 minutes and have not seen a single one.

Unfortunately the city lights block out all the stars.  You folks in remote areas are so lucky.  I'd be sitting out there every night listening to Art and looking up if I were you.  :'(

chefist

Quote from: Noorynoid on October 21, 2015, 10:32:23 PM
Listening to KBET on the  Tunein Radio app. Very cool...

Yea fun listening on a terrestrial station!

maren

Quote from: albrecht on October 21, 2015, 10:04:06 PM
This will be a nice comparison. Not that we need one because everyone already knows who is better but Dr. Forstchen is on with Dave every other week- or so it seems. So will be interesting to hear how he does with Art and the differences between the shows. Good to give to any remaining C2C listeners and say "see, same guest. Note any difference?"
ps: also I wonder if Art will mention Newt Gingrich, as he liked him in the old days, and Dr.Forstchen and Newt have collaborated on some books and stuff.

I haven't listened to George in years, so haven't heard this guy, but I can already guarantee Art will make it more interesting and informative than George ever could.  There seem to be some die hards over there, some have never heard Art -- if only they could save themselves. ;)

QuoteThe good news is this asteroid will pass at a very safe distance of about 310,000 miles (nearly 500,000 kilometers), or 1.3 times the span between the Earth and the Moon.

The asteroid will actually pass closer to the Moon than the Earth, skimming by at a distance of 180,000 miles.

Astronomers may be able to spot it with telescopes, though amateur skywatchers will likely not be able to see it with the naked eye.

The time of the closest pass is 11:14 am US Eastern time (1514 GMT) on October 31.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-10-halloween-asteroid-earth.html#jCp

http://phys.org/news/2015-10-halloween-asteroid-earth.html

Imagine that if instead of a big asteroid hitting the earth back in time of dinosaurs it ricocheted off the moon and then would go on to strike us in pieces? It would make sense in terms of the recent stories I've read about ancient meteor showers adn asteroids causing mass extinctions.

http://phys.org/news/2015-10-scientists-link-comet-asteroid-showers.html

QuoteMass extinctions occurring over the past 260 million years were likely caused by comet and asteroid showers, scientists conclude in a new study published in Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society.

For more than 30 years, scientists have argued about a controversial hypothesis relating to periodic mass extinctions and impact cratersâ€"caused by comet and asteroid showersâ€"on Earth.

In their MNRAS paper, Michael Rampino, a New York University geologist, and Ken Caldeira, a scientist in the Carnegie Institution's Department of Global Ecology, offer new support linking the age of these craters with recurring mass extinctions of life, including the demise of dinosaurs. Specifically, they show a cyclical pattern over the studied period, with both impact craters and extinction events taking place every 26 million years.

This cycle has been linked to periodic motion of the sun and planets through the dense mid-plane of our galaxy. Scientists have theorized that gravitational perturbations of the distant Oort comet cloud that surrounds the sun lead to periodic comet showers in the inner solar system, where some comets strike the Earth.

Rocky4228

Quote from: Dateline on October 21, 2015, 10:27:45 PM
So cute!  This was not a pet, I just thought it was endearing.  Norry said we are just a bunch of dead rat eaters and I wanted to find one of the most kindest and restful rat or mouse avatars.  How could you trap and eat me and make me a dead PremRAt?
Maybe I'll flood the thread with more cute rat pics.  I mean, if people do it with Playboy covers and sexy aliens...

coaster

The "source" says the data has a 50% chance of being accurate,  so of course it has a 50% chance of being wrong.

Juan Cena

Okay, the structure I was talking about is called a gas torus. Niven's was one that was like Earth's atmosphere.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Auslandia on October 21, 2015, 10:33:49 PM
I still don't understand how they can tell anything at all.  It's just something blocking starlight

It is obviously a portal and the door keeps opening and closing.

I gathered an unnamed source said the data from Kepler was good, not that it was alien technology.  Art is getting ahead of himself.

Rocky4228

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on October 21, 2015, 10:33:51 PM
Unfortunately the city lights block out all the stars.  You folks in remote areas are so lucky.  I'd be sitting out there every night listening to Art and looking up if I were you.  :'(
How big of city?  I'm in the 16th biggest metro area in the country and I can see stars.

Quote from: coaster on October 21, 2015, 10:34:22 PM
The "source" says the data has a 50% chance of being accurate,  so of course it has a 50% chance of being wrong.

Never tell me the odds!

trostol

Quote from: jazmunda on October 21, 2015, 10:33:19 PM
I hope the Apocalypse comes after I'm long gone. I'm too lazy to have to defend my family from roving gangs of cannibals. I just want to play with my electronic toys.

oh things will be different for you and yours..this is your future after the apocalypse

GravitySucks

You ever been to Chicago?

WanagoBleu

Quote from: chefist on October 21, 2015, 10:33:52 PM
Yea fun listening on a terrestrial station!
loud and clear on my 20 yr old Sangean radio. Wonder if my Mom bought it from C Crane? Was he a AB sponsor b k then?

Juan Cena

The Cubs were lost the NLCS, so the Apocalypse has been averted for at least another year.

Juan Cena

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on October 21, 2015, 10:33:51 PM

I drove 10 miles out into the countryside, to rural soccer fields surrounded by corn and wheat fields.  Saw a big ass owl, but no meteors so far.

chefist

Quote from: WanagoBleu on October 21, 2015, 10:37:16 PM
loud and clear on my 20 yr old Sangean radio. Wonder if my Mom bought it from C Crane? Was he a AB sponsor b k then?

Cool!

Yea I think they have been with Art since the beginning.

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 21, 2015, 10:37:26 PM
I have my ticket for the conspiracy cruise, fellas! ::)

If I was a conspiracy minded person, wouldn't getting on a boat with 2,000 like minded people questing for the truth present a ripe target for the shadow government or Illuminati?