• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151012 - Dr. Dennis J. McKenna - Psychedelic Research - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 12, 2015, 05:02:28 PM

maren

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 12, 2015, 10:59:45 PM
If I get the placards, are you willing to write down the slogans for our eventual protest?

I have the handwriting of someone who has slammed their hand into every door for at least 20 years.

I pray I never have to write heartfelt messages to family members any time soon. I'll send them ICQ messages instead.

I have the handwriting of someone who has slammed their hand into every door for at least 20 years
    ;D ;D ;D

Catsmile

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:03:16 PM
So i guess this is a thing now, i remember when huffing was big a few years back, im so glad i just did beer and pot when i was that age

Jimson weed ain't new, nor is Morning Glory seeds...

AppealPlay

Completely agree.  Legalize it all and let the junkies have their fun.

chefist

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:03:16 PM
So i guess this is a thing now, i remember when huffing was big a few years back, im so glad i just did beer and pot when i was that age

I don't think many do it...the effective dose is just under the lethal dose...

AppealPlay

As far as I'm concerned just legalize it all and let what will happen, happen.  Let people grow their own drugs, too, if they want.  It's none of my business and certainly not the government's business.

Barfly

Quote from: Catsmile on October 12, 2015, 11:05:57 PM
Jimson weed ain't new, nor is Morning Glory seeds...
Im out of the drug loop, i did plenty acid and coke back in my late 20's and early 30's, then i decided my heart would explode so one day i just stopped.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: coaster on October 12, 2015, 11:08:24 PM
Why the hell would anyone do meth?

People who wanna get messed up but only have like five bucks in their pockets.

chefist

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 12, 2015, 11:09:34 PM

And the high lasts a long time...

AppealPlay

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 12, 2015, 11:09:34 PM

Meth must be amazing.  It destroys their bodies and yet they want more.  Physical addiction can only explain a percentage of why people keep doing it.  It must be great.

gx2music

In the 19th century , during the height of the British Empire , you could buy cocaine or heroin from your local pharmacy. Society didn't exactly collapse because of that.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 12, 2015, 11:10:51 PM
Meth must be amazing.  It destroys their bodies and yet they want more.  Physical addiction can only explain a percentage of why people keep doing it.  It must be great.

In strange periods of my life I've often mused about entering those social circles where one can easily score some and then do it and see what happens.

And then I remember my somewhat addictive personality and realize that it would be a spiral from which I would never escape from.

Especially given how meth rots teeth out and I've just spent all of this money on dental work.

Priorities.

maren

He's not as riveting -- to me -- as Terence.

And is there something about his voice that reminds you of Stanton Friedman?

Weirdoradio

Quote from: maren on October 12, 2015, 11:13:00 PM
He's not as riveting -- to me -- as Terence.

And is there something about his voice that reminds you of Stanton Friedman?

Stanton Friedman's mannerisms and Emo Phillips' vocal range, put into a pot filled with water, shrooms and other powders and poured out slowly over one's USB connection.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:14:13 PM
That was cool, anybody know who is gonna take over for Rossy?

Hoagie's hair has been tapped to produce for Hoagie.

inuk2600

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 12, 2015, 11:12:11 PM
In strange periods of my life I've often mused about entering those social circles where one can easily score some and then do it and see what happens.

And then I remember my somewhat addictive personality and realize that it would be a spiral from which I would never escape from.

Especially given how meth rots teeth out and I've just spent all of this money on dental work.

Priorities.

So true