• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151008 - Kevin Mitnick - Hacking - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 08, 2015, 07:42:26 PM

gx2music

Quote from: maren on October 08, 2015, 11:36:49 PM
I hope he does -- that would be interesting.  And I hadn't heard about the FBI claim.  If they do, then I'm guessing there's a newer, darker web, that they're unaware of.

The Tor network was originally developed by the US military

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)#History

ArJuna

Quote from: QuantumMystics on October 08, 2015, 11:36:43 PM
The thing about win 10, if it were so great why even call it 10? Why not 8.2? Why not just make 7 or 8 better? It seems to me that something must be up with it, that they give it freely, I've read even when you turn off updates it goes kooky on you and monitors you more, but just tries to hide it?

I was suspicious of the way they said "it would be had for free for windows 7 and 8 users for the first year".  They did not say you could Upgrade for free.  The wording seemed fishy to me and made me think they would start charging a licensing fee after a while.  You should note that there is no easy way to go back and they clearly say you are forfeiting your Windows 7 or 8 license when you get Windows 10 under that "free" plan.

Microsoft is looking for a way to squeeze more money out of you.

Quote from: QuantumMystics on October 08, 2015, 11:36:43 PM
The thing about win 10, if it were so great why even call it 10? Why not 8.2? Why not just make 7 or 8 better? It seems to me that something must be up with it, that they give it freely, I've read even when you turn off updates it goes kooky on you and monitors you more, but just tries to hide it?
I won't go near 10 with a '10' foot pole. No way, no how.

gx2music

The Gabcast regularly has these Indian scam calls on - I think it's b_dubb who records them.  Friggin hilarious stuff. 

Dyna-X

I did this as well to the scammers from India from Microsoft (that weren't) - kept them on for an hour and finally admitted I didn't even have my computer on. He started swearing like you wouldn't believe, lol

It does try to block you from playing DVD's. Win 10 seems likely the system designed to enforce the TPP. Trans Pacific Partnership treaty....anyone that has looked at it says it maybe a disaster for free speech. But nobody's allowed to look at it, they keep holding it back. They want to lock it in before they announce it and tell you...you have no rights, if you do something wrong we can kick you off and attack your machine, etc.

ArJuna

My Dad got hit with ransomware.  They wanted $500 to fix it.  I spent a whole day recovering his files and removing the malware.

norland2424

lol my friends mom always gets hit with ransom ware, they have locked her computer up but its easy just to safe start it and clean your system out

albrecht

Quote from: QuantumMystics on October 08, 2015, 11:40:18 PM
It maybe now called deepest darkest spiderweb.
Of course since it is all a computer-generated vibratory matrix control grid, via quantum string-theory and Solfeggio frequencies,,,,,,,

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: QuantumMystics on October 08, 2015, 11:43:25 PM
It does try to block you from playing DVD's. Win 10 seems likely the system designed to enforce the TPP. Trans Pacific Partnership treaty....anyone that has looked at it says it maybe a disaster for free speech. But nobody's allowed to look at it, they keep holding it back. They want to lock it in before they announce it and tell you...you have no rights, if you do something wrong we can kick you off and attack your machine, etc.
What?

inuk2600

Quote from: bateman on October 08, 2015, 11:39:43 PM
Art currently beating Dave in the online streaming war: http://www.talkstreamlive.com

Is there an easy way to compare ratings on one page, or do you just open two separate pages?

Donald Noory

There's a hilarious youtube video where somebody used Jorch's recorded voice to answer some Indian (not)Microsoft scammers and frustrate the hell out of them.

norland2424

it also is blocking out pirated software

Robert

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 08, 2015, 11:42:23 PMI did this as well to the scammers from India from Microsoft (that weren't) - kept them on for an hour and finally admitted I didn't even have my computer on. He started swearing like you wouldn't believe, lol
I didn't even have to keep them on long, but just stepped thru a series of questions with my unexpected (but true) answers, and when I told them the computer I was online w ran Linux, the response was "Fuck you!" & a hangup.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 08, 2015, 11:44:41 PM
There's a hilarious youtube video where somebody used Jorch's recorded voice to answer some Indian (not)Microsoft scammers and frustrate the hell out of them.
Oh man. Lol. Link or it didn't happen.

Quote from: whiptrackercracker on October 08, 2015, 11:40:14 PM
Late to the show...we are talking computers and I hear what sounds like Kevin Mitnick's voice. What'd I miss? Are we all going to die?
Yup, Mitnick. His history.

albrecht

It is much, much worse than this. Hell, society might benefit from not being able to view Hollywood content illegally (or legally!)