• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151006 - Prof. Ronald Mallett - Time Travel - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 06, 2015, 08:01:38 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:10:53 PM
Also, I think I heard him once say that you could never go back farther than the moment you invented the time machine.  So to really do it you have to find an ET civilization that already created a time machine many years ago, and steal it.
I think RCH found one on Pluto

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 11:09:33 PM
There you go again  ;) What with the "statistics" and probabilistic stuff. I still will contend, for sake of fun at least, that if that is the case than "science," in a way, is still a belief system (albeit a more precise or codified one.) Find a problem- or gap- than readjust "round-off" or, better yet, more "particles*" Kidding but....
*http://tinyurl.com/nnx5z4x

Still gotta watch your documentary  :-[

jazmunda

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 10:55:40 PM
LOTSA skipping on TuneIn.  :(
At least on mine.

When I'm at work listening on tunein on my phone and on wifi this happens all the time because I'm far from the wireless router. If I switch to 4G it's fine.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 06, 2015, 11:10:24 PM
With 'fricken laser beams?
I saw that there is another Dolph Lundgren vehicle involving some lake-born shark mutants. And this guy is a ChemE! Who decided to go the martial art and film route! He is, bizarrely, a smart guy.

pate

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 10:47:06 PM
So, noone has seen the time travel movie with Bruce Willis called Looper?

How about the 12 Monkeys time travel movie w/ Bruce Willis?

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:10:53 PM
Also, I think I heard him once say that you could never go back farther than the moment you invented the time machine.  So to really do it you have to find an ET civilization that already created a time machine many years ago, and steal it.

He spent three hours trying to explain that to Noory.  It never sunk in  ???

albrecht

Quote from: jazmunda on October 06, 2015, 11:12:21 PM
When I'm at work listening on tunein on my phone and on wifi this happens all the time because I'm far from the wireless router. If I switch to 4G it's fine.
Thanks, I think that is the issue. Walking around, walls, etc. And I have the "settings" for wifi only, in a futile attempt to not "use data."

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 11:14:22 PM
Thanks, I think that is the issue. Walking around, walls, etc. And I have the "settings" for wifi only, in a futile attempt to not "use data."

I use VLC on my android via wi-fi...never have an issue!

gx2music

Ever notice that if you turn the world map upside down , Australia becomes this hyper visible Jazmundaland....

http://richardnilsendotcom1.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/upsidedownworld.jpg

jazmunda

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 11:14:22 PM

Data isn't an issue for me. I have 3GB a month but am on a business plan which shares an extra 30GB with employees and family members.

zeebo

This is a good analogy, but he needs to replace the cup of coffee & coffee bean with hot cocoa & a marshmallow .. I think it would help.

WhiteCrow

I'm thinking I follow what the Prof is saying.. I just stumbled out to porch to have a smoke, and came back in...  Did I time travel forward or backwards?

jazmunda

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:17:04 PM
This is a good analogy, but he needs to replace the cup of coffee & coffee bean with hot cocoa & a marshmallow .. I think it would help.

Don't forget a dash of whiskey.

Ah heck. Just give me the whole bottle.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:17:04 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: gx2music on October 06, 2015, 11:16:01 PM
Ever notice that if you turn the world map upside down , Australia becomes this hyper visible Jazmundaland....

http://richardnilsendotcom1.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/upsidedownworld.jpg
Please don't show that to Hoagland.

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on October 06, 2015, 11:17:48 PM
Don't forget a dash of whiskey.

Ah heck. Just give me the whole bottle.

You may have just invented the grand unified theory.

albrecht

Quote from: jazmunda on October 06, 2015, 11:16:21 PM
Data isn't an issue for me. I have 3GB a month but am on a business plan which shares an extra 30GB with employees and family members.
It actually isn't an issue with me either but I guess I have some Jewish Scots, to be more PC, in me that still don't want to use stuff that might cost, even potentially. The AT&T guy was shocked how little data I used and kept trying to sell me more, explain that I should use more, but I resist.

I'd like to see just a tiny sample of chefist not being 100% positive all the time  8)

chefist

Quote from: ASC on October 06, 2015, 11:19:56 PM
I'd like to see just a tiny sample of chefist not being 100% positive all the time  8)

If you would have seen me chew out my QC supervisor last week then you would have!  8)