• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151005 - Tess Gerritsen - Author - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 05, 2015, 04:32:03 PM

inuk2600

Quote from: coaster on October 05, 2015, 11:13:43 PM
People do sell their soul to become famous. This can be the only explanation for Seth Rogen.

Great, I have his ridiculous laughter to look forward to for all eternity.

Barfly

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 05, 2015, 11:13:26 PM
I pieced that together moments ago and got real excited.

Alex Jones and David Icke just got boners and don't know why just yet.
So the BS meter is up to a Gazillion ?
I think so.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 05, 2015, 11:15:29 PM
I need a shirt with this on it to hand to loved ones during the holidays without context.

lol   :D

flimflam384

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 05, 2015, 11:15:46 PM
Great, I have his ridiculous laughter to look forward to for all eternity.

Right?  Seriously, sounds like Hell is going to be full of all sorts of amusing folks and great music.

Quote from: trostol on October 05, 2015, 11:14:53 PM
lol hey..your back
HEY! It's my yearly multiple horror movies a day marathon. I've had to sacrifice both shows in the name of my greatest passion. Also, #DMTalk on twitter has had me in its evil clutches. Missed you guys and gals though! :D

maren

What word does she keep referring to?  Kind of sounds like like Egg-gra-gory (phonetically).  Or, how Leo A would pronounce the name Ed Gregory.

For the life of me I can't figure out what she's saying. 

Barfly

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 05, 2015, 11:14:35 PM
Despite some people being smart, they still get screwed because they're too nice.
Good point, i had to think about that one before i replied.

Quote from: coaster on October 05, 2015, 11:16:19 PM
Egregore.

Thank you! There goes my evening wiki surfing this subject.

What was the book she mentioned about the history of violence?

I absolutely love this lady. This is already one of my favorite MITD episodes.

Sean92008

Quote from: flimflam384 on October 05, 2015, 11:00:05 PM
As a writer, she continually confirms all of my worst fears about making a pitch.

Back in 1993, I pitched a show to what I thought was Mark Goodson Productions.  Years later, I found out that Goodson had already died.

The show was basically "Cheaters" but at the end had a studio setting where people could say "sorry" and move on or reconcile...

Years later, Cheaters appeared.  I dug through my stuff (had just moved back then) for all my non-disclosures, etc...  Eh, there was so much ambiguity, I knew nothing could come of it.

The only thing that came out of that day was that I met a naughtly Chinese girl at the freeway rest stop on Camp Pendleton.  She was a very naughty girl.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: coaster on October 05, 2015, 10:54:57 PM
Do you think it's too immature to tweet leo and tell him to suck my butt?
Nooooo, NOT AT ALL! In fact I encourage it!

coaster

Quote from: maren on October 05, 2015, 11:17:04 PM
What word does she keep referring to?  Kind of sounds like like Egg-gra-gory (phonetically).  Or, how Leo A would pronounce the name Ed Gregory.

Ok, that was hilarious.

maren

Quote from: coaster on October 05, 2015, 11:16:19 PM
Egregore.

Thanks -- I posted my question before I saw this.  Now I can go look up what the hell it is. 

Weirdoradio

Quote from: coaster on October 05, 2015, 11:13:43 PM
People do sell their soul to become famous. This can be the only explanation for Seth Rogen.

In this scenario you've hust called Judd Apatow the devil.
Innerestin' turn of events.

albrecht

I love Art, or his help, finding people to go into this! Hahaha. Wow. I still would want her to go to in Hollywood more and the tribe but some fun stuff now. AMOK! (true entomology)

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Sean92008 on October 05, 2015, 11:17:49 PM
Back in 1993, I pitched a show to what I thought was Mark Goodson Productions.  Years later, I found out that Goodson had already died.

The show was basically "Cheaters" but at the end had a studio setting where people could say "sorry" and move on or reconcile...

Years later, Cheaters appeared.  I dug through my stuff (had just moved back then) for all my non-disclosures, etc...  Eh, there was so much ambiguity, I knew nothing could come of it.

The only thing that came out of that day was that I met a naughtly Chinese girl at the freeway rest stop on Camp Pendleton.  She was a very naughty girl.

"She was a very naughty girl."

It sounds like you won that one, bro.

Barfly

Quote from: maren on October 05, 2015, 11:17:04 PM

For the life of me I can't figure out what she's saying.
How could Heather booked her for 3 hours?
Split the show with guests like this.

trostol

The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload.
And nobody's gonna go to school today,
She's going to make them stay at home.

Rocky4228

She's kind of describing me, minus the violent tendencies...

Donald Noory

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2015, 11:15:15 PM
No, that was actually because of script numbers. Half the people in Los Angeles have a script and they got tired of it and the agent system developed. Same thing happened in publishing. They just didn't want to slush read anymore. Amazon threw that on its head by buying scripts from the public and selling them to WB. Big corporations are used to lawsuits, that's not the problem, but they do like to cost cut and eliminate departments.

No actually, you're wrong. Half the people in Los Angeles have had a script for ages, and the agent system has been around for ages too. Your argument doesn't make sense. And they still read slush at some publishers too. Tor takes slush, one of the biggest sci-fi/fantasy publishers. As for fiilms, Amazon isn't that big of a player in the industry. You're overstating their position. Production companies started to get really paranoid about being sued after Cameron and several others were sued (rightly or wrongly). Most prodcos are so paranoid about being sued that they will try to have their legal dept state that your query was deleted and not even read, because they are worried about similar script ideas.

chefist

Quote from: Sean92008 on October 05, 2015, 11:17:49 PM

Now there's a show idea! Naughty Chinese girls you meet at rest areas!

Sean92008

Quote from: trostol on October 05, 2015, 11:19:52 PM
The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload.
And nobody's gonna go to school today,
She's going to make them stay at home.

ANOTHER San Diego connection...  Boomtown Rats actually were gigging in town when that happened.  They debuted the song that day.

michio

Quote from: coaster on October 05, 2015, 11:09:41 PM
That must be an incredible experience.

Until you see your helmet is filling with water and you're in danger of drowning in space. July 16, 2013.

trostol