Started by bateman, September 23, 2015, 05:24:02 PM

bateman

It's about time. I'll start.

Q: Who is Dave?

A: George Noory.

Origin:

Quote from: lonevoice on July 29, 2013, 02:13:30 PM
Already did.  :)

For background:  when it comes to AM news/talk format, my market has a Clear Channel owned blow torch and a locally-owned independent station.   We don't have a Cumulus station, but the local station has always carried some Cumulus content, as well as Hannity (which they lost to Clear Channel recently).  My thinking was that IF Art's announcement is that he's returning to broadcast radio, and IF Cumulus is the syndicator, the locally-owned station would have been approaced by Cumulus about carrying it, and might be lead into spilling some beans.

Here's the email I sent to their VP/GM:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello.  I’m sorry to see that the local Clear Channel affiliate has taken Sean Hannity from you and given you the Dave Ramsey show in his time slot.  As a listener, I’d prefer to support your local station rather than Clear Channel.

My main question to you, since your station carries some Cumulus content such as Mark Levin, will you be picking up the new Cumulus-syndicated  Art Bell show?   If so, do you have any information as to what time slot it will occupy?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the reply I got (emphasis mine):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this point we look to keep Mark Levin on and I will check out the Art Bell return.  He was gone for awhile and I think Dave Noorie replaced him.

We were Sad to have Sean leave but that is sometimes what happens to small broadcasters vs the Big Guys of Clear Channel when they own all these shows they syndicate.

Thanks again for being a listener

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make of that what you will.   To me, it doesn't seem like the guy's being disingenuous that he's heard nothing from Cumulus regarding the possibility of syndicating an Art Bell show.   Still, his reference to Dave Noorie made my day.

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,30.msg126932.html#msg126932

starrmtn001

Bless you my friend.  Praise Bateman!!!

What is Taintco?

Quote from: MV on September 22, 2015, 06:30:05 PM
... a subsidiary of Vandeven Enterprises. 

bateman

Who is Falkie?

I'll let someone else take that one.

wr250

who is jazmunda?
serial caller to the ill fated serious/xm show "dark matter" , allegedly causing its demise.
also blamed for the demise of "The Spec Sheet"  and a host for the Gabcast which is currently on an irregular schedule.

b_dubb

Quote from: jazmunda on September 23, 2015, 06:01:46 PM
Who is MV?

Allegedly.
That is Juevos the Chimp. He's Executive Vice President of Letting It All Hang Out at Taintco. Don't make eye contact.

chefist

Quote from: b_dubb on September 23, 2015, 06:18:35 PM
That is Juevos the Chimp. He's Executive Vice President of Letting It All Hang Out at Taintco. Don't make eye contact.

Those are huge balls....

jazmunda

Quote from: chefist on September 23, 2015, 06:25:11 PM
Those are huge balls....

But tiny .... which would you rather?

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on September 23, 2015, 06:39:46 PM
But tiny .... which would you rather?

Not in the market ...sorry...;-)

Juan

The primary reason for the existence of Bellgab is to give people an opportunity to display their poor critical reading skills.

What is Braaps?

Quote from: Dixon Bawls on July 31, 2015, 01:08:51 AM
In honor of his farting chair, I suggest we say "Braaps!"

1.  A reference to Richard C. Hoagland's creaking chair noises on his streaming podcast The Other Side of Midnight (OSOM), primarily before he lubricated said chair with WD-40.

2.  A greeting or sign-off among Other Side of Midnight cult followers, particularly in the
'Other Talk Radio/Podcasts » Topic: Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread '

3.  A general shorthand for anything Otherside of Midnight related.  General usage examples:

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 23, 2015, 02:59:41 AM
The Braaptasticon of the Almighty Hoagmeister is officially concluded. So sayeth the High Priest of the cult of Braapinality.

Braaps be with you all

Quote from: coaster on September 23, 2015, 12:58:30 AM
I'm loaded up on cold pills and cough juice. Gonna braap until I pass out.

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 23, 2015, 03:21:52 AM
Braaps All - 'Till next time

Associated:

aldousburbank

The first rule of BellGab is that you do not try to explain Bellgab.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 23, 2015, 07:11:24 PM
The first rule of BellGab is that you do not try to explain Bellgab.

Yeah I thought the same thing, if for no other reason than I'd not want to try.

b_dubb

Quote from: Juan on September 23, 2015, 07:01:49 PM
The primary reason for the existence of Bellgab is to give people an opportunity to display their poor critical reading skills.
BellGab is butthurt. Let the butthurt flow.

Breezy

Why do callers greet Art with "Roswells to you"?

jazmunda

Quote from: Breezy on September 23, 2015, 10:30:28 PM
Why do callers greet Art with "Roswells to you"?

When Art returned with Dark Matter it was used as a way for callers to say "Great to have you back. We missed You" etc without wasting time on the air with such greetings. Apparently Rush Limbaugh used "Dittos" in a similar way.

Morgus

Quote from: jazmunda on September 24, 2015, 01:36:42 AM
When Art returned with Dark Matter it was used as a way for callers to say "Great to have you back. We missed You" etc without wasting time on the air with such greetings. Apparently Rush Limbaugh used "Dittos" in a similar way.
Yep some callers would say "Mega Roswells" just like some Limbaugh callers say "Mega dittos"
I think its better to say "Area51s from Bellgab" to Art however, since Art lives near Area51 not near Roswell...  8)

zeebo

Quote from: bateman on September 23, 2015, 05:24:02 PM
Q: Who is Dave?

A: George Noory.

Q. What's a Davebot?

A. Suspected agents who act to defend and/or promote George/Dave (or alternately, to thwart Art).  It is often unknown if they have direct links to c2c, but in any case are suspected to have a pro-George/Dave agenda.  They may try to camoflouge themselves as reasonable actors while trying to subtly influence opinion, or they may be more fervent and direct in their approach. 

Q. What's all this about pizza rolls? 

A. George once injured his mouth on an overheated microwaveable pizza roll and mysteriously missed a couple shows while recovering.  (Bellgabbers react to the breaking news: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,3.msg89003.html#msg89003)

Q. What is that "little flapper thing" that George referred to after the incident?

A. It's a uvula.

Q. What is a "Nooryism"?

A. It's a language flub such as a malapropism, contradiction-in-terms, or non sequitur.  Examples include phrases like "incredibly credible" or "going over the deep edge" or "please let us know what age you were you on your birthday".  Mentioning non-existent places such as "Crimeria" or "The Korea" would qualify.  There are several variants.  Also considered loosely as Nooryisms are generic cliche questions which serve little conversational purpose such as "It's just amazing isn't it?" or "Will we ever get the answers?" or "Unbelievable!"

Q. What is "a Noorie"? 

A. Refer to basswood's D&D info here.
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7494.msg352233.html#msg352233

Q. Why do people think George loves turkey sandwiches a.k.a. turkee sammiches?

A. He mentioned once how he likes to grab one as an after-show snack from a convenience store bin. 

Q. Does George really sing karaoke?

A. There's probably a video clip somewhere if you're really interested. 

Q. Why do people keep mentioning angels, portals, psychic vampires, shadow people, turmeric, and the number 1111? 

A. George seems preoccupied with them.

Q. Does George really believe there are no coincidences?

A. It's a position he frequently states.

Q. If George were to also believe in free will, as it would operate within a non-deterministic universe, would his stated disbelief in coincidences be an irreconcilable contradiction?

A. Probably, yeah.

Q. People keep mentioning 3x5 cards, why?

A. There's a common theory that George interviews people by simply reading random questions off such cards.

Q. Wouldn't it be better if George actually had a conversation with his guests?

A. This is debatable.

Q. What is "Super Suck Sunday"?

A. Usually the first Sunday of the month, where George is on instead of the usual weekend guest host, and also features "Emerging Artists" a.k.a. "Submerging Artists", a random assortment of questionable musical selections.

Q. Why do people jokingly claim to eat rats?

A. George mentioned somewhere that the haters are rat-eaters.

Q. Who are "the haters"?

A. They are people who post unflattering comments about George's shows, and sometimes closet together to discuss their discontent.

Q. What is "closeting"?

A. Apparently George thinks people who don't like the show hang out together in secret closets.

Q. What's the status on the Hawaiian studio?

A. Unknown.

Q. Will George one day really ride an escalator to the top of Mauna Kea volcano?

A. Unknown.

Q. Does George really not comprehend the Big Bang?

A. He has made several statements to this effect.  It has been theorized that when trying to imagine it, he may be visualizing an exploding super-heated pizza roll.

Q. Who is Bill the AAA?

A. An Amateur Atheist Astronomer, from West Hartford, CT, who frequently calls into C2C.  Savvy listeners can identify him as the caller who likes to introduce himself as Bill, an Amateur Atheist Astronomer from West Hartford.

Q. I'd like to express an opinion regarding Mr. Noory in a more creative way, any suggestions?

A. Try a haiku.

Q. Why does George play songs like "Lady in Red" and "For Your Eyes Only" when Linda Moulton Howe is on?

A. Prefer not to answer.

Q. What are "Frumus Omphen Wines" and where can I buy a case?

A. Unknown.

pate

A: Hatur

your Question was not formatted in a YouTube video.
So sorry,...

Q: What is a https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K29ZWFXfhy0

Uncle Duke

Q: Who are Jeff (CA) and Cornelius (LA)?

A: Frequent C2C callers who take the time to formulate well thought out, but often convoluted, questions which they then read to George and his guest(s).  Both take their answers off the air.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 25, 2015, 12:53:00 PM
Zeebo, you are a genius.  End of story. ;)

Comprehensive, funny, and well thought-out FAQ Zeebo!

zeebo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 25, 2015, 08:19:51 AM
Q: Who are Jeff (CA) and Cornelius (LA)?

A: Frequent C2C callers who take the time to formulate well thought out, but often convoluted, questions which they then read to George and his guest(s).  Both take their answers off the air.

Q: Who's Annie from Alabama?

A: Another frequent caller who prefers however to take her answers on-the-air while simultaneously mentioning tangential issues.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: zeebo on September 25, 2015, 02:44:15 PM
Q: Who's Annie from Alabama?

A: Another frequent caller who prefers however to take her answers on-the-air while simultaneously mentioning tangential issues.

You are one gracious squirrel.

Quote from: Morgus on September 24, 2015, 02:13:16 AM
just like some Limbaugh callers say "Mega dittos"

Mega DITTOS?! I always thought it was Mega Dildos. My face is red.

Ms. C

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 25, 2015, 12:53:00 PM
Zeebo, you are a genius.  End of story. ;)
Zeebo, thank yew (lol).  You definitely are a genus!

zeebo

Starrmtn, GFP, and Ms. C ... you're too kind.  Just doing my humble part to help those seeking knowledge.   :D

paladin1991

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 25, 2015, 05:27:21 PM
Mega DITTOS?! I always thought it was Mega Dildos. My face is red.
Your face?  How about your....er.....