• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150922 - Dr. Kevin Trenberth - Climate Change - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 22, 2015, 04:40:07 PM

ArJuna

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 22, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
"According to an April 30, 2012 New York Times article,[67] "Dr. Lindzen accepts the elementary tenets of climate science. He agrees that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas, calling people who dispute that point "nutty." He agrees that the level of it is rising because of human activity and that this should warm the climate." He also believes that decreasing tropical cirrus clouds in a warmer world will allow more longwave radiation to escape the atmosphere, counteracting the warming.[67] Lindzen first published this "iris" theory in 2001,[8] and offered more support in a 2009 paper.[50]"

Carbon dioxide is also created in nature at levels that dwarf anything man could claim.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 22, 2015, 10:47:58 PM
I bet if we looked into the backgrounds of the scientists on the other side we would find they are associated with many progressive and liberal organizations as well. Art being very one sided tonite...tuning out.
Yah, Art has some preconceived notions about this subject.

Bodach

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 22, 2015, 10:54:06 PM
Great show Art. Nice to see he's not afraid to tick-off a large portion of his audience, ignorant people who believe that scientific consensus does not matter, and who don't know the difference between climate and weather.

Absolutely agreed.  -- besides the ignorant and consensus part, since 66% of climatologist don't take a postition.  You clearly haven't read the study that the 97.1% is cited from. 

http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/2/024024/article

Sean92008

Quote from: maren on September 22, 2015, 10:46:43 PM
I just looked him up -- haven't heard of him.  I love Sacred Geometry!  Have you sent a request/suggestion to Heather??

A caller should bring this up and ask the guest/shill to advise us on what he thinks of him...

Oh, we were supposed to have had sea level rise already.  According to popular reports, I think NYC and New Orleans should be under water.

Oh, that 3mm of rise...  Displacement by underwater volcanic action, ring of fire tectonic plate movement, more water being diverted to the ocean, more ocean life???

Quote from: Barfly on September 22, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
At least RCH has open lines tonight, some of his best shows are open lines, we can only hope for technical issues, that makes it better :D

*fingers crossed*

This topic would be more fun on Richard's show as he'd start talking about 19.5, torsion fields and how all of this will lead to disclosure.

Barfly

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 22, 2015, 10:52:48 PM
Oh yeah... I often schedule my Southwest flights to have a layover in Midway and just camp out in front of Gold Coast Dogs.  Not as good as Portillo's, but better than nothing.

There is a place in Denver called Mustard's Last Stand that serves beefs and Vienna hot dogs... Actually pretty good facsimile.
We had a place open up here a couple of islands up a few years ago, they where a couple from Chicago that wanted to retire in the keys, they opened up a Hot Dog and Beef joint, it was very small, they actually had to import the beef from Chicago, it was good, but sadly it only lasted about 18 months..i was pissed, it was about 30 miles away and i would travel just to eat there.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Barfly on September 22, 2015, 10:49:59 PM
68th and Pulaski here, actually Lawndale
All my Polish relatives started out on the south side, but migrated further north and west when a few of them learned how to drive.  I've been to the new Sox park once, but I haven't been to Wrigley since the big changes. 

I think it was Bill Veeck and those stupid shorts that finally turned me off to the Sox.

norland2424

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 22, 2015, 10:55:42 PM
*fingers crossed*

This topic would be more fun on Richard's show as he'd start talking about 19.5, torsion fields and how all of this will lead to disclosure.

its going to turn into a show on the pope since he landed in D.C today lol

Quote from: ArJuna on September 22, 2015, 10:55:06 PM
Carbon dioxide is also created in nature at levels that dwarf anything man could claim.

That is different than what we are discussing.

Zenman

Quote from: Sean92008 on September 22, 2015, 10:55:32 PM
A caller should bring this up and ask the guest/shill to advise us on what he thinks of him...

Oh, we were supposed to have had sea level rise already.  According to popular reports, I think NYC and New Orleans should be under water.

Oh, that 3mm of rise...  Displacement by underwater volcanic action, ring of fire tectonic plate movement, more water being diverted to the ocean, more ocean life???

The call-ins promise to be muy interesting.   :D

starrmtn001

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 22, 2015, 10:55:01 PM
Haha!  My Chinese Black & White buddies!

Some say pandas are aliens.  There is no reason why there would be animals with strange black and white markings like there are on panda bears.  They could well be ALIENS!   :)
Or maybe raccoons. ;)

I knew Art held these views but its no big deal.  We all can't agree on everything and I'm not sure I would want us too. Its probably the only disagreement I have with Art. It would be nice if Art held a debate on this and maybe he will in the future.  One can hope.

Barfly

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 22, 2015, 10:55:42 PM
*fingers crossed*

19.5 and torsion fields are a staple of any RCH show

sydtron

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 22, 2015, 10:52:48 PM
Oh yeah... I often schedule my Southwest flights to have a layover in Midway and just camp out in front of Gold Coast Dogs.  Not as good as Portillo's, but better than nothing.

There is a place in Denver called Mustard's Last Stand that serves beefs and Vienna hot dogs... Actually pretty good facsimile.

I live in a small town in North Central Indiana.  We have your mom and pop root beer stands here.  They have a "Chicago Dog"  Beef dog, with bight green relish and peppers and onions. brown mustard.  $1.75.  Not bad. I like a beef hot dog with  Cole slaw, relish, onions, peppers, and giardinara.  It gets messy.  QUITE messy!

Weirdoradio

Keith got me cringing so hard, too.
Hot damn this is such a bad ad. I almost wanna make my own and offer it up instead.

"Art Bell? Who's that?"
45 seconds into the ad.

=Schlyder=

Every last fucking bit of sea ice could melt, and it wouldn't raise sea levels by a fucking mm.  Reason... DISPLACEMENT. There is some fucking science for ya.

ArJuna

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 22, 2015, 10:54:06 PM
Great show Art. Nice to see he's not afraid to tick-off a large portion of his audience, ignorant people who believe that scientific consensus does not matter, and who don't know the difference between climate and weather.

This is an example of how to diminish other's opinions and claim the high ground. A classic leftist strategy.

trostol

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 22, 2015, 10:58:36 PM
I knew Art held these views but its no big deal.  We all can't agree on everything and I'm not sure I would want us too. Its probably the only disagreement I have with Art. It would be nice if Art held a debate on this and maybe he will in the future.  One can hope.

i would think it would be difficult to have a debate when he has such..strong views on one side of the argument..might be difficult to be partial

Quote from: Schlyder7 on September 22, 2015, 10:51:55 PM
CO2 is also a heavier than air gas.
That's just like the Freon Myth destroying the atmosphere. Freon is heavier than air. What they told the HVAC techs was that the sun heated the freon making it lighter than air and raising it into the upper atmosphere. If the freon is heated by the sun, so is the surrounding air - DUH. The truth is Dupont's patent was running out and they had the power and the money to come up with a patentable replacement that was 25x more explosive. But hey, they're still making money off the new patenets, + it fits the Global warming MYTH.

coaster

It just sounds so scripted. It doesn't sound like a conversation at all. Very cringeworthy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Barfly on September 22, 2015, 10:58:41 PM
19.5 and torsion fields are a staple of any RCH show
That's because 19.5 is the limit of White Castles one can eat in a single sitting.

Quote from: zmbabwe on September 22, 2015, 10:26:49 PM
The carbon taxes go to him?

Al Gore and fellow huckster David Blood of Goldman Sachs Asset Management founded Generation Investment Management (GIM) hoping to profit when the Democrats passed cap and trade legislation. They took big positions in the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX) and were awaiting windfall profits when cap and trade passed. Except it didn't. Poor Al baby, his rigged game fell apart.

But don't worry, they haven't given up, and after greasing the hands of enough political hacks they still expect to lower everyone's standard of living, except their own of course. True Believers must not be denied!!!

Barfly

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 22, 2015, 10:57:14 PM
All my Polish relatives started out on the south side, but migrated further north and west when a few of them learned how to drive.  I've been to the new Sox park once, but I haven't been to Wrigley since the big changes. 

I think it was Bill Veeck and those stupid shorts that finally turned me off to the Sox.
I was at Disco demolition, closest  thing i ever saw to a riot since the Martin Luther King march in Chicago

Weirdoradio

Quote from: coaster on September 22, 2015, 11:00:37 PM
It just sounds so scripted. It doesn't sound like a conversation at all. Very cringeworthy.

"Hey did you know about this thing we're talking about in the script?"
"N... No... No... P.... Pl.... Please tell me more."
"Here's some info and we're using the time traveler metaphor literally!"
"OHHHH ART BELL? I THOUGHT YOU WERE SAYING ART'S HELL. ART BELL."