• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150922 - Dr. Kevin Trenberth - Climate Change - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 22, 2015, 04:40:07 PM

gabrielle

Art is at the top of his game.  He is phrasing his questions so carefully. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Barfly on September 22, 2015, 10:43:02 PM
The Bears do suck this year..And i hate the Cubs, i was born and raised on the south side, its a against the law to be a Cubs fan on the south side
I grew up on North Avenue, so I had to make a choice.  I refused to go to the Dark Side, in spite of having to go to Sox games with my Dad when Tommy Agee was a rookie.

ArJuna

After 23 years as a fan I am so disappointed in Art tonight.

OMG!!!  Am I a DENIER??????

Quote from: ArJuna on September 22, 2015, 10:28:52 PM
16 GLOBALLY RENOWNED SCIENTISTS SAY MAN-MADE CLIMATE CHANGE IS BULLSHIT

Claude Allegre, former director of the Institute for the Study of the Earth, University of Paris;
J. Scott Armstrong, cofounder of the Journal of Forecasting and the International Journal of Forecasting;
Jan Breslow, head of the Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism, Rockefeller University;
Roger Cohen, fellow, American Physical Society; Edward David, member, National Academy of Engineering and National Academy of Sciences;
William Happer, professor of physics, Princeton;
Michael Kelly, professor of technology, University of Cambridge, U.K.;
William Kininmonth, former head of climate research at the Australian Bureau of Meteorology;
Richard Lindzen, professor of atmospheric sciences, MIT;
James McGrath, professor of chemistry, Virginia Technical University;
Rodney Nichols, former president and CEO of the New York Academy of Sciences;
Burt Rutan, aerospace engineer, designer of Voyager and SpaceShipOne;
Harrison H. Schmitt, Apollo 17 astronaut and former U.S. senator;
Nir Shaviv, professor of astrophysics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem;
Henk Tennekes, former director, Royal Dutch Meteorological Service;
Antonio Zichichi, president of the World Federation of Scientists, Geneva;
AND: Nobel Prize-winning physicist Ivar Giaever.

Richard Lindzen, professor of atmospheric sciences, MIT;  should not be on this list. He has acknowledged climate change exists and CO2 contributes to it and the problem is mad-made.

Jocko Johnson

I bet if we looked into the backgrounds of the scientists on the other side we would find they are associated with many progressive and liberal organizations as well. Art being very one sided tonite...tuning out.

sydtron

Quote from: Barfly on September 22, 2015, 10:43:02 PM
The Bears do suck this year..And i hate the Cubs, i was born and raised on the south side, its a against the law to be a Cubs fan on the south side

Understood about the Sox.  I do believe the Bears have a good GM and Coach.  Just need to get the players and it will all come together. 

Quote from: maren on September 22, 2015, 10:46:43 PM
I just looked him up -- haven't heard of him.  I love Sacred Geometry!  Have you sent a request/suggestion to Heather??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Cp7DrvNLQ

His research on climate change is fascinating, really puts things in perspective.

This thread is my formal request. :)

Bodach

Quote from: ArJuna on September 22, 2015, 10:45:43 PM
It's rabid because it's BULLSHIT!!!!  Come on Art!!!

pretty much.

The rabidness comes from the blatant evidence of the "science" being "created" in order to gain funding.  They invent and tweak figures.  That is not science.  And those that disagree and question it are shouted down.  Not only that but validation of man made climate change opens the door to extreme taxation and obvious UN plans to gain much more control over sovereign nations.  So yes, calling out the blatant manipulations should be rabid.

sydtron

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 22, 2015, 10:44:13 PM
Somebody up there.. PM me an Italian Beef sandwich with peppers

and Giardinara.  fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck thats the gift of the gods!

=Schlyder=

CO2 is 1/25th of 1% of the atmosphere.   If it grew by 1000% it would be only 10/25ths of 1%

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: ArJuna on September 22, 2015, 10:47:52 PM
After 23 years as a fan I am so disappointed in Art tonight.

OMG!!!  Am I a DENIER??????

Unfortunately I am with you tonight.  If he had the opposite view I feel he'd be much harder and not just accepting the narrative.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: sydtron on September 22, 2015, 10:48:55 PM

Oh my god yes. I love a proper Chicago Italian beef.

Barfly

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 22, 2015, 10:47:49 PM
I grew up on North Avenue, so I had to make a choice.  I refused to go to the Dark Side, in spite of having to go to Sox games with my Dad when Tommy Agee was a rookie.
68th and Pulaski here, actually Lawndale

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: bateman on September 22, 2015, 10:36:57 PM
Ooh, I like that '59 Caddy front end.

LOL  I love your avatar!  It's the sexual pandas from yesterday!   ;D

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on September 22, 2015, 10:43:46 PM
Don't be a Denier.

Next you'll be telling us that Greenland was warmer when Eric the Red colonized it.

Don't know if it's warmer, but it is the mosquito capitol of the world... and they grow those suckers BIG.

ArJuna

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 22, 2015, 10:47:57 PM
Richard Lindzen, professor of atmospheric sciences, MIT;  should not be on this list. He has acknowledged climate change exists and CO2 contributes to it and the problem is mad-made.

From the Weekly Standard, a top notch respected enterprise.

"Lindzen is no shrinking violet. A pioneering climate scientist with decades at Harvard and MIT, Lindzen sees his discipline as being deeply compromised by political pressure, data fudging, out-and-out guesswork, and wholly unwarranted alarmism. In a shot across the bow of what many insist is indisputable scientific truth, Lindzen characterizes global warming as “small and .  .  . nothing to be alarmed about.”"

GravitySucks

Quote from: sydtron on September 22, 2015, 10:48:55 PM
Oh yeah... I often schedule my Southwest flights to have a layover in Midway and just camp out in front of Gold Coast Dogs.  Not as good as Portillo's, but better than nothing.

There is a place in Denver called Mustard's Last Stand that serves beefs and Vienna hot dogs... Actually pretty good facsimile.

Quote from: ArJuna on September 22, 2015, 10:52:14 PM
From the Weekly Standard, a top notch respected enterprise.

"Lindzen is no shrinking violet. A pioneering climate scientist with decades at Harvard and MIT, Lindzen sees his discipline as being deeply compromised by political pressure, data fudging, out-and-out guesswork, and wholly unwarranted alarmism. In a shot across the bow of what many insist is indisputable scientific truth, Lindzen characterizes global warming as “small and .  .  . nothing to be alarmed about.”"

"According to an April 30, 2012 New York Times article,[67] "Dr. Lindzen accepts the elementary tenets of climate science. He agrees that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas, calling people who dispute that point "nutty." He agrees that the level of it is rising because of human activity and that this should warm the climate." He also believes that decreasing tropical cirrus clouds in a warmer world will allow more longwave radiation to escape the atmosphere, counteracting the warming.[67] Lindzen first published this "iris" theory in 2001,[8] and offered more support in a 2009 paper.[50]"

Barfly

At least RCH has open lines tonight, some of his best shows are open lines, we can only hope for technical issues, that makes it better :D

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on September 22, 2015, 10:47:27 PM
Well, since there is only one side there cannot be a debate.

The Ministry of Truth says that Climate Change Science is Truth and there can be no dissent.

All dissenters are agents of the Devil, the oil companies, and the Koch brothers.
LOL - 1984.
That was just on again.
I read the book in the late 70's.

Donald Noory

Great show Art. Nice to see he's not afraid to tick-off a large portion of his audience, ignorant people who believe that scientific consensus does not matter, and who don't know the difference between climate and weather.

sydtron

The sun is far from predictable.  IMHO.  Yes we have sunspot cycles but I dont see what that has to do with the price of tea in China.  Besides with a Linear amplifier and  a good antenna, you can get anywhere with a HAM radio. 

chefist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian%E2%80%93Triassic_extinction_event

The greatest extinction in our planet's history were from natural geological processes that culminated in the Permian Extintion...96% of marine life and 70% of land vertebrates all gone!

250 million years ago...

norland2424

Quote from: Barfly on September 22, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
At least RCH has open lines tonight, some of his best shows are open lines, we can only hope for technical issues, that makes it better :D

lol you know every caller is going to be knocking on their mics  ;D

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: jazmunda on September 22, 2015, 10:53:47 PM
Did someone say Pandas?

http://live.ipanda.com/xmcd/

Haha!  My Chinese Black & White buddies!

Some say pandas are aliens.  There is no reason why there would be animals with strange black and white markings like there are on panda bears.  They could well be ALIENS!   :)