• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Teases News on Monday that will be "Shocking for Some." Any Guesses?

Started by demosthenes131, September 18, 2015, 05:30:43 PM

wr250

Quote from: MV on September 18, 2015, 08:52:16 PM
Art is having his left arm replaced with an elephant trunk, and the intro music on the show will be replaced with a whistled version of Journey's Don't Stop Believin' shes my cherry pie performed in a lower key.
fixed

Curandero81

Quote from: coaster on September 18, 2015, 08:35:13 PM
Hes urging people to subscribe, so its pretty obvious he has axed the free stream.
As obvious as you enjoying your prostate massage and enema "administered lovingly" by Dave ?
Well maybe NOT........
remember.....I love ya'

Uncle Duke

As always, some very insightful observations and thought provoking speculation. 

One thing we know about Art is he's something of a drama queen.  He tends to really jump in with both feet when it's something big, at least to him. Don't see that here, so doubt it's another "all in" scenario that has him abandoning ship again.  On the other hand, I sense Art's continued (growing?) frustration (what I've called "crankiness" previously) due the quality of guests, technical issues, and having to constantly instruct callers.  He's no spring chicken, and I think this is starting to wear on him, maybe even impact his home life.  So, I agree with those who think Art's going to cut back a night or two a week.  With forty shows already in the can, he could run a "best of MITD" in his place, and/or bring in a substitute host (Heather or some of the other hosts on DMDN) to fill in.  The missing piece of the puzzle for me, however, is not knowing if there is anything in Art's contract with terrestrial radio stations about how many live shows he will personally do per week.

PathoJen

Hi Guys, he never said it was bad news. Just "I'm afraid it will be a shock to some".....others maybe already know what it is. Ugh. I'm playing devils advocate. I'm scared.  :o

popple

Quote from: coaster on September 18, 2015, 08:35:13 PM
Hes urging people to subscribe, so its pretty obvious he has axed the free stream.

I thought paid subscribers kept the stream live.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Alaskana on September 18, 2015, 08:37:21 PM
Premier radio fires Noory, hires Art and restores him to his rightful place as the king of Coast To Coast AM? That or Art's going back on Sirius, this time with free streaming for all. Or... Art retires for the eight hundredth time? ;) Hey, you heard it here first, folks.
Too Much Bad Bad Blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DyIIS-jCpE

Alaskana

In all seriousness, I think Art's been giving us signals for some time about wanting to change something about MITD as we know it - or rather, that he isn't happy with it in it's current incarnation and that something has to change, or give. I think in this case the issue is about the show either growing or dying, with no in between. Look at what happened with Sirius - he voluntarily axed it because he wasn't happy with the product that was being put out. I personally think he hasn't been happy with the relatively slow growth of MITD. It seems that many of the predictions of those who doubted the viability of a streaming-only show were right in some respect - that it would be difficult to match the audience of a terrestrial or extra-terrestrial signal.

Yeah, the show's been out for only a few months, so you might wonder if Art would take drastic action so early. But then again, look at what happened with Dark Matter. I'm only writing this because of the words Art used on his Facebook page - that some would 'hate' the announcement. Hate is a strong word, and I can only think of a few scenarios where the use of that word may be justified.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope the new announcement is about an expansion of the show and for bigger and better things. But I do worry.

stalker54

Quote from: demosthenes131 on September 18, 2015, 05:30:43 PM
From here:

https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell51/posts/433079543547874

He's a alien posing as a human. But seriously, we will know soon enough.   

PathoJen

He started a public FB page though. So, that doesn't seem like he's quitting. Seems like it's something big., terrestrial radio, or going back to C2C

The big news is.... He is off tonight but will be on later hosting coast!!

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: stalker54 on September 18, 2015, 09:03:56 PM

He's a alien posing as a human.
Exactly. It's why he's having an elephant trunk arm-replacement.
Meant to throw us off.
Meh. Saw it coming.

Uncle Duke

One thing I think we can safely bet on is come Monday night there will be more listeners to MITD and more people logged onto Bellgab since the first week of Art's return.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: PathoJen on September 18, 2015, 09:05:10 PM
He started a public FB page though. So, that doesn't seem like he's quitting. Seems like it's something big., terrestrial radio, or going back to C2C

Or setting it up for a new host and Art will fill in occasionally.

PathoJen

Quote from: Marc.Knight on September 18, 2015, 09:10:40 PM
In my opinion this type of language means that he is quitting again.

You would think. But, why would he say he's taking the show to a new level just 2 days ago?
And when he quit Dark Matter, he just didn't show up....there was no build up.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: PathoJen on September 18, 2015, 09:13:56 PM
You would think. But, why would he say he's taking the show to a new level just 2 days ago?

Could be a way to set it up for a new host or hosts.

phrodo

The "some that will hate me for this" part == maybe Redacted on weekends?

Quote from: PathoJen on September 18, 2015, 09:13:56 PM

I think he said that he'd have a "special announcement" at the end of the show, and everyone was excited thinking it had to do with ghost to ghost or spooky matter or whatever, and it ended up being the end of dark matter instead.

henge0stone

Quote from: guildnavigator on September 18, 2015, 09:21:34 PM
I think he said that he'd have a "special announcement" at the end of the show, and everyone was excited thinking it had to do with ghost to ghost or spooky matter or whatever, and it ended up being the end of dark matter instead.

yup, this is indeed troublesome. He did recently say he wanted to grow the show, what happened?

Art will alternate nights with Phil Hendre .... and not tell us which is which

SciFiAuthor

I really don't think Art would build up tension for a retirement or reduction of the show. I think he's simply changing some aspect of it. A few things that might shock and upset people would be a co-host, a pay wall, an increase in membership cost along with a repackaging of the service, etc. Could also be a mixed bag of things. I'm not worried.

PathoJen

Quote from: phrodo on September 18, 2015, 09:20:04 PM
The "some that will hate me for this" part == maybe Redacted on weekends?
That would be good news actually.

trostol

Quote from: PathoJen on September 18, 2015, 09:33:01 PM
That would be good news actually.

perhaps but from what i understand...outside of bellgab she wasnt warmly received

Bad Grandma

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on September 18, 2015, 09:14:00 PM
If he quits again , shut down this site . Fuck it

Seriously, he's just being a little bitch, yet again. 70 years old and he acts like a 17 year old Perez Hilton. Tired of it, Art. Man up or shut up, shit or get off the pot.

Marc.Knight

I might be totally off the mark, but I think he is quitting, and preparing for a new host. 

trostol

Quote from: Marc.Knight on September 18, 2015, 09:36:02 PM
I might be totally off the mark, but I think he is quitting, and preparing for a new host.

if so who is his chosen successor?