• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Teases News on Monday that will be "Shocking for Some." Any Guesses?

Started by demosthenes131, September 18, 2015, 05:30:43 PM

From here:

https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell51/posts/433079543547874

QuoteBig announcement coming
here on Monday. I am afraid
It will be a shock for some.
Art Bell

This was my guess along with a deal to pick up new AM stations but a bit of a ad restructuring or such. OR... SiriusXM made him an offer to carry the show.

I highly doubt retirement, though it worries me.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: demosthenes131 on September 18, 2015, 05:30:43 PM
From here:

Big announcement coming
here on Monday. I am afraid
It will be a shock for some.
Art Bell

Art Bell
Yesterday at 6:32pm · Edited ·

Welcome to my confirmed Public page! I know you want to know what is going on and you will soon. Please share this page with all your Friends and all will be clear soon, it's about taking the show to a new level.

Art

Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it.

SciFiAuthor

My bet is that Art got a big station that was formerly carrying Dave.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 18, 2015, 05:57:26 PM
My bet is that Art got a big station that was formerly carrying Dave.

^^^ this..."some" I think are PremRats...we can't overreact...Art can take a night off! He worked Memorial day! Hope I don't get dinged for writing something similar in another thread!  ;D

henge0stone

I bet anything its cutting back to 4 nights a week. From the sound of it it doesn't sound like something fans should be excited about. Maybe he could do five days every other week or something.

chefist

EarthAlien007

Quote from: chefist on September 18, 2015, 05:59:56 PM
^^^ this..."some" I think are PremRats...we can't overreact...Art can take a night off! He worked Memorial day! Hope I don't get dinged for writing something similar in another thread!  ;D

Dave has to attend a corporate meeting tonight. LOL
Could be...

Quote from: henge0stone on September 18, 2015, 06:00:35 PM
I bet anything its cutting back to 4 nights a week. From the sound of it it doesn't sound like something fans should be excited about. Maybe he could do five days every other week or something.

This would only make sense if Bateman sat in for him on Friday. But Bateman moved his show to Friday...
The only other way this would make sense is if we got Knapp.

chefist

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on September 18, 2015, 06:07:47 PM
Dave has to attend a corporate meeting tonight. LOL
Could be...

This would only make sense if Bateman sat in for him on Friday. But Bateman moved his show to Friday...
The only other way this would make sense is if we got Knapp.

I like the speculation...remember that all Art's comments have been almost exclusively positive about MITD up to this point...when he left Sirius, almost all his comments had been negative...there is no evidence there will be bad news from Art... 8)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on September 18, 2015, 05:59:56 PM

Yeah, I think Art's just taking a night off. Probably taking a weekend trip with the family or something. I really think it's that some ratings came out somewhere for KXL and now other big stations are picking up Art. Also could be the long-awaited weekend host, possibly another one poached from Dave.

Other possibilities include:

1. Dave and Tommy are finally tying the knot.
2. Richard Hoagland's donating his hair to the Smithsonian where it should be.
3. Art got tired of all the claims and went out and shot himself a bigfoot.
4. Rowland is actually an android, explaining how he seems to stay up 24 hours a day running DMDN.
5. The weekend host is Trump.

Dateline

Let's speculate.  This is family night, to celebrate and to spend time.

1.  He was will be going to four nights a week, in the same time slot as Coast.

2.  Bateman will carry his time on Friday nights.

3.  KFI has picked up MITD.

4.  Norry microwaved pizza rolls again.

5.  Norry microwaved a burrito.

Mild Bill

I will not be shocked...I will not be shocked...I will not be shocked.

OK then, bring on Monday.

Marc.Knight

Here we go again reacting to meaningless kryptic language.  Just tell us or don't tell us.  Speculation screws with people and turns some people off.  What is gained by setting announcements up like this?  Confusion, rumors, impatience... Need I go on?   I am more interested in just enjoying the product rather than being set up to think the worst...the best?

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Marc.Knight on September 18, 2015, 06:30:59 PM
Here we go again reacting to meaningless kryptic language.  Just tell us or don't tell us.  Speculation screws with people and turns some people off.  What is gained by setting announcements up like this?  Confusion, rumors, impatience... Need I go on?   I am more interested in just enjoying the product rather than being set up to think the worst...the best?

It's fun, and I think Art's just getting started.

Quote from: Marc.Knight on September 18, 2015, 06:30:59 PM
+1

albrecht

Quote from: demosthenes131 on September 18, 2015, 05:30:43 PM
From here:

Last night Dave mentioned that he needed to attend a "corporate event" tonight and that they "pulled him there." And Art decided to take a night off tonight. I'm sure this isn't it but wouldn't it be hilarious if iHate's management or shareholders got a clue, stepped out of their mist-tunnels, and said "bring back Art and kick this Norry guy out?"

coaster

Noory has got a contract to hide behind. He isn't going anywhere.

AppealPlay

Quote from: henge0stone on September 18, 2015, 06:00:35 PM

My thought, too.  It doesn't sound like something we're going to be happy about.  4 days a week is my guess.