• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lumia Red Light Therapy Sponsor - Please Help Me Find

Started by Scorch, September 15, 2015, 08:44:00 PM

Scorch

Hello all I hear,Art advertising a red light therapy device from Lumia or similar.  Google is being difficult please help me find their website.

Thank you!

jazmunda

Quote from: Scorch on September 15, 2015, 08:44:00 PM
Hello all I hear,Art advertising a red light therapy device from Lumia or similar.  Google is being difficult please help me find their website.

Thank you!

It's Lumen NOT Lumia. That's probably why you couldn't find it. ;)

http://www.lumenphoton.com/

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on September 15, 2015, 08:50:12 PM
so...expensive... :'(
:o Compared to surgery (costs and potential adverse effects?) Or even multiple trips to quacks, various other "cures" devices and systems, or chiropractors (which many think are quacks?) Back-pain is real and sucks, IF that stuff works it looks fairly cheap in comparison, though I wonder about the efficacy and also about how long the 'bulbs' last? On the positive side, unlike some other options, the only potential side-effects I could see, maybe, is skin cancer issues (not sure what wave-length or time involved) or losing some money?

onan

Another cost that is not being discussed is the amount of headlight fluid needed to keep the lumens fresh.

I wonder if one is already familiar with LEDs and Arduino how big of a leap would it be to make one of these?

Wintermute

I just use the tail lights on my car... my back feels soooooo much better.

No clue why Art would put his name on this thing.

inuk2600

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on September 16, 2015, 07:08:33 AM
I wonder if one is already familiar with LEDs and Arduino how big of a leap would it be to make one of these?

Not a leap at all. Based on NASA research using 670nm LEDs for wound healing, I made an array with ~100 LEDs in 2007. I had plans for programmable frequencies and fan cooling on the next model but lost interest after realizing the power density with my LEDs was too low.

wr250

Quote from: inuk2600 on September 19, 2015, 03:46:22 PM
Not a leap at all. Based on NASA research using 670nm LEDs for wound healing, I made an array with ~100 LEDs in 2007. I had plans for programmable frequencies and fan cooling on the next model but lost interest after realizing the power density with my LEDs was too low.
leds are for wussies. use red co2 cutting lasers instead.

Looks like grow lights.

In all fairness, good LED grow lights are several hundred dollars as well (I research them for starting seedlings for my vegetable garden, not a grow op).

albrecht

Quote from: inuk2600 on September 19, 2015, 03:46:22 PM
Is a bad back cured/helped by somewhat faster subcutaneous wound healing? Maybe so, honestly I don't know and I am not a doctor (only play one on Bellgab.) I've noticed that it seems to me that surface cuts heal quicker exposed to sunlight (as opposed to covered with gauze and plastic) but, then again, I've not done any study. I did a coach who thought "rub some dirt in it" would help healing* and a friend who expressed that "let it bleed out" was best solution. But do wounds have any bearing on bad backs? But if it works for him, or anyone, great! Because that is a painful condition.

* http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/antibacterial-clays-can-kill-antibiotic-resistant-e-coli-and-mrsa