• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150910 - David Pares - Warp Drive - Live Show Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 10, 2015, 07:37:02 PM

RoseGirl

you know...you can just never find a whoopee cushion when you need one.

pate

Caller is describing a mini-black hole "push-me/pull-you" drive?

Mr. Pares is describing the same, but different?

pate

Oh, Warp Fields.  I get it now...

Warping Space/Thyme?  Dig it!

Space/Time is a sheet*, this warp is the fifteen-pound weight distorting thangs, er, sumthin'?

edoit: preferably linen, with a 3000 thread count.  (WATTAGE?????)

pate

If "weaponized" the thing simply becomes an incredible kinetic weapon (really, really, really fast bullet)...

norland2424

Quote from: pate on September 11, 2015, 12:14:57 AM
If "weaponized" the thing simply becomes an incredible kinetic weapon (really, really, really fast bullet)...

hell the navy is already making rail gun cannons

pate

Good point, caller.

Nothing more powerful than the Ventura effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqMGPGAaMF4

(eye keed, Venturi effect, 'pologies)

SciFiAuthor

"There are a lot of other teams out there trying to develop something like this".

Not likely.

Scully

I can't help but wonder what percent of the MitD audience is interested in this show.  I know physics is fascinating to many people.  Just not to most people... even smart people. Jes sayin'.  :-\

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 11, 2015, 12:16:57 AM
"There are a lot of other teams out there trying to develop something like this".

Not likely.

Yeah nobody would want a darpa gravy train ticket....   ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Scully on September 11, 2015, 12:17:26 AM
I can't help but wonder what percent of the MitD audience is interested in this show.  I know physics is fascinating to many people.  Just not to most people... even smart people. Jes sayin'.  :-\

It's not even physics, it's pseudoscience.

Manx

If he does develop it, chinese will reverse engineer it in no time. Patents or no.

RoseGirl

Quote from: pate on September 11, 2015, 12:10:51 AM
Oh, Warp Fields.  I get it now...

Warping Space/Thyme?  Dig it!

Space/Time is a sheet*, this warp is the fifteen-pound weight distorting thangs, er, sumthin'?

edoit: preferably linen, with a 3000 thread count.  (WATTAGE?????)

Good show, these sciency guests are cool. But no offense, I'll get excited about this as soon as I get my Moller Flying Car.

Juan Cena

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 10, 2015, 11:58:45 PM
Lots of different names for tech that seems about to break out, lots of competition it seems and variables, lots of groups vying to get there first.

Would Ellis' informational drive fit under one of these catagories?

trostol

its interesting but i feel like it should have pictures lol

Sean92008

Glad to hear Art try to reign in the concepts to help us understand...  My level of worn-out-iveness (heat, humidity, tiredness, beer) has finally beaten my worn out brain input device to the point of non-operation.

I think Art should have his own dating service:  Midnight in My Pants.

::)

I'm shutting down this laptop.  'Nite all.  Hope RCH has another great show, not that I'll be awake for it.

I'll try a bible spell to strike my enemies down... Seems like a good use of the power.

10 pages and roaring into the night!

pate

Quote from: Manx on September 11, 2015, 12:19:42 AM
If he does develop it, chinese will reverse engineer it in no time. Patents or no.

Dammit, America loses again...

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 11, 2015, 12:20:48 AM
Wow, I didn't think anyone but me remembered that movie.

Is that the Philadelphia Experiment or Battleship?