• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150828 - Art Bell, Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 28, 2015, 09:33:08 PM

AppealPlay

I refuse to believe anyone named their cat Retard.

K_Dubb

Good for people with short attentions on a Friday night.  It was true vintage Art on the lighter side, which people seem to have forgotten.  There were some good and weird stories that will stick in my mind a lot longer than the geriatric-medicine guy the night before.

munbeam666

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 28, 2015, 11:05:07 PM

I met the real Mr Ed and his trainer when I was a kid; we had a family friend who was on the show

b_dubb

Quote from: chefist on August 28, 2015, 11:53:46 PM
Call in a story about hot pizza rolls...

You're a genius. Wish I'd thought of this.

Who was the dbag who called in and repeated the conjoin twin story?

albrecht

Quote from: munbeam666 on August 29, 2015, 10:13:54 AM
I met the real Mr Ed and his trainer when I was a kid; we had a family friend who was on the show
Could he really talk?
(Sorry had to pull a Norry like question.)

albrecht

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 29, 2015, 09:33:21 AM
I've heard worse names. Watch "Dambusters" as one example (find an uneditted copy of the great, inspirational movie.) Good dog, but a name that most and especially Obama would hate (unless used by a rapper or one of his core-constituencies.)

zeebo

Quote from: pyewacket on August 29, 2015, 08:31:48 AM
....People can lie either way- they can say it's true whether it is or it isn't. I guess the big question would be, "does the listening audience really care?"

I was mildly curious as to the truthiness of the stories and .... ah ok, so yeah I didn't really care.  But I still thought it was an amusing show.   :)

SciFiAuthor

Fun show, just like the old days when Art would do a truth or trash line but now new and improved with a jury.

the_peeve

I think the next truth or trash will be better. The first of anything can be a bit rough. I thought it got better as the night progressed.

Sean92008

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 29, 2015, 09:33:21 AM

I had one who became "Shitty Kitty."  My bandmates and girlfriends all thought that was a riot that I dared named her that AND didn't mind saying it out loud.

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: Sean92008 on August 29, 2015, 09:24:42 PM
I had one who became "Shitty Kitty."  My bandmates and girlfriends all thought that was a riot that I dared named her that AND didn't mind saying it out loud.
my x girl an i had a cat named shittykitty😱 cant remember wat the catz name waz b4 that😒 but that lil bugga waz a giant shyttin machine😒😨😒 gav shittykitty away b4 we moved to hawaii.

JamesMcDonald

The last cat I owned was named Sir Lancelot.  Most people ended up calling him Lance. 

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 28, 2015, 11:48:14 PM
I'm glad I never bothered to find out what Skype is...
It really does seem to suck. I can't believe Art is sold on it and won't just go with phones as his first line of commo. I mean the crumby siriusxm commo pissed him off and this stinks. Maybe it's just my connection?  But he does seem to have problems with the skype??? I am confused. I just hope he stays and doesn't let this discourage him as Art's, or as Jaz says..."Ott" , this is the best radio he has ever done! On par with the 90's but without all the network nonsense and commercials.

Herbn-Legend

I dont like catz anymore. Here in hawaii ther like ratz but dont catch the ratz😒 i hav dogz now😀 sharpei an sharpei/pitbulz😯💨💨💨 No Tresspassin happenz on my 🍄farm🍄😯💨💨💨👮

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Sean92008 on August 29, 2015, 09:24:42 PM
I had one who became "Shitty Kitty." 

We call our cat Shitty Kitty all the time lol. Partly because he's a dick, and partly because of his huge poops.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 30, 2015, 06:47:20 PM
It really does seem to suck. I can't believe Art is sold on it and won't just go with phones as his first line of commo. I mean the crumby siriusxm commo pissed him off and this stinks. Maybe it's just my connection?  But he does seem to have problems with the skype??? I am confused. I just hope he stays and doesn't let this discourage him as Art's, or as Jaz says..."Ott" , this is the best radio he has ever done! On par with the 90's but without all the network nonsense and commercials.

Skype is fantastic technology...  when used right.  That's the key thing right there, "when used right".  Like all things computer, it all starts with a clean machine, with an updated BIOS/UEFI/Firmware, the latest drivers.  Your configuration needs to be correct, and you need a good, solid connection, good hardware (headset & mic) etc.

No software will work well on a crappy machine.  PERIOD.

Hautex

Quote from: albrecht on August 29, 2015, 11:52:20 AM
I've heard worse names. Watch "Dambusters" as one example (find an uneditted copy of the great, inspirational movie.) Good dog, but a name that most and especially Obama would hate (unless used by a rapper or one of his core-constituencies.)
My late wife named our 1 eyed tuxedo girl by calling me from the other room, "Hey your cats trippin" so the name Trippin stuck... best names are told to us by our pets

Dr Who

Ok Folks I have today emailed Art .Let me say when I was ask on air when it was I imediately though about 40 years ago which would of been 1974 I was shocked when one of the jurors said Boris Karlof was dead then .I got in touch with my brother (actlually my uncle ) on Sunday and ask him when the incident had happened he said that would of been when you were around 8 so in fact it would of been around 1966 1967.It does not matter who believes my story the story is true and it is a precious story to me of both my father and a monster I met who turned out to be a gentleman.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Dr Who on September 01, 2015, 12:55:23 PM
Ok Folks I have today emailed Art .Let me say when I was ask on air when it was I imediately though about 40 years ago which would of been 1974 I was shocked when one of the jurors said Boris Karlof was dead then .I got in touch with my brother (actlually my uncle ) on Sunday and ask him when the incident had happened he said that would of been when you were around 8 so in fact it would of been around 1966 1967.It does not matter who believes my story the story is true and it is a precious story to me of both my father and a monster I met who turned out to be a gentleman.

You had me convinced when you used his real name.
It was a good story.

Robert

Quote from: sydtron on August 28, 2015, 11:54:53 PMGoddamnit!!!

Ive had this song in my head for two weeks!!

youve re-awakened the earworm.
You want to talk earworms?  Because of Bell's use of Abba, today I've had "Waterloo" stuck in my head.  It's not an unpleasant tune, but it's such a silly song whose only saving graces are the pleasant tune & its being funny because so silly lyric-wise.