• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe 27 August 2015 C2C Appearance

Started by Bradsmith313, August 27, 2015, 08:29:15 PM

Uncle Duke

And earlier tonight, she was part of a live interview of three of the Rendlesham experiencers, John Burroughs and two other NCO SPs who had never spoken publically, on the show she co-host with Burroughs.

fixedgear48

everytime I hear her I am reminded of ground hogs day.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 27, 2015, 08:38:19 PM
And earlier tonight, she was part of a live interview of three of the Rendlesham experiencers, John Burroughs and two other NCO SPs who had never spoken publically, on the show she co-host with Burroughs.
How was it? I missed it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 27, 2015, 08:41:00 PM
How was it? I missed it.

Not sure how to answer that.  Definitely interesting, but not sure how much of what I heard I believe.  The first guest was Adrian Bustinza, his name has featured prominently in the past from other experiencers. His story of the actual sightings was compelling, but got a bit too "Men in Black" like on the back end, complete with an alleged direct death threat if didn't toe the line and change his story.  Sounds like another example of "story creep" the further down the road we get from the incident. 

The second guest was a Sgt Smith, a relatively minor player in the story as on the last night (of the three), he stayed on base to guard the firearms the other SPs left with him as they went into the woods with Halt.  He saw lights but wasn't directly involved.  I missed the last segment of the show, however.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 27, 2015, 09:04:14 PM
Not sure how to answer that.  Definitely interesting, but not sure how much of what I heard I believe.  The first guest was Adrian Bustinza, his name has featured prominently in the past from other experiencers. His story of the actual sightings was compelling, but got a bit too "Men in Black" like on the back end, complete with an alleged direct death threat if didn't toe the line and change his story.  Sounds like another example of "story creep" the further down the road we get from the incident. 

The second guest was a Sgt Smith, a relatively minor player in the story as on the last night (of the three), he stayed on base to guard the firearms the other SPs left with him as they went into the woods with Halt.  He saw lights but wasn't directly involved.  I missed the last segment of the show, however.
Have seen the documentary, Mirage Men? It's about Robert Doty and his involvement in the ufology community. LMH is featured . . . and unhinged . . . .

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 27, 2015, 09:14:36 PM
Have seen the documentary, Mirage Men? It's about Robert Doty and his involvement in the ufology community. LMH is featured . . . and unhinged . . . .

Read the book, have yet to see the documentary.  If what's reported is true, LMH got duped.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 27, 2015, 09:23:18 PM
Read the book, have yet to see the documentary.  If what's reported is true, LMH got duped.
LMH got duped. And, to a degree, she's still getting duped. The alleged "Dragonfly" drones were nothing but a viral video released for the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Last I heard, she still believes those videos were real . . . .

Juan Cena

Quote from: fixedgear48 on August 27, 2015, 08:40:07 PM
everytime I hear her I am reminded of ground hogs day.

Whenever LMH goes on C2C and ssees her shadow it means six more months of Dave on the air.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 27, 2015, 08:38:19 PM
What show? Curious about this.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2015, 10:47:25 PM
What show? Curious about this.

She and Burroughs do a show every Thursday, I think it's called "Phenomenon", at 8pm ET on KGRA.  Hasn't been on long, maybe a month.  They don't have very good on-air chemistry yet, but do get some interesting guests.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 27, 2015, 08:41:00 PM
How was it? I missed it.

One other point Bustinza made last night I forgot to mention was the number/type of people who were present the last night of the sightings in the woods with Lt Col Halt.  He said upwards of fifty people, including a number of British civilian police ("bobbies").  Although I may have heard there were local LEOs on the scene previously, I do not ever remember hearing that high an estimate for those present.

albrecht

Wow, LMH's interview last night on C2C with the mother of one of those involved in that bizarre LA death of the alien/human hybrid CIA worker was something else. I want Art to cover this story with her. Classic stuff and actually a really weird case (I'm leaning towards a cult or that UFO cult group stuff maybe?) I don't normally suggest people listen to C2C but last night's show with her was good.
http://www.sfgate.com/weird/article/Dead-LA-gun-stash-owner-described-as-alien-6402224.php

Bradsmith313

Quote from: albrecht on August 28, 2015, 12:06:52 PM
Wow, LMH's interview last night on C2C with the mother of one of those involved in that bizarre LA death of the alien/human hybrid CIA worker was something else. I want Art to cover this story with her. Classic stuff and actually a really weird case (I'm leaning towards a cult or that UFO cult group stuff maybe?) I don't normally suggest people listen to C2C but last night's show with her was good.
http://www.sfgate.com/weird/article/Dead-LA-gun-stash-owner-described-as-alien-6402224.php
I think this is why LMH got setup by Robert Doty. Hook. Line. Sinker. Sucker.

albrecht

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 28, 2015, 06:41:55 PM
I think this is why LMH got setup by Robert Doty. Hook. Line. Sinker. Sucker.
She's not have been the only reporter fooled by fake stories! Happens all the time- even by the big guys. Then again, some stuff might be true? But are you really listening to these types of shows for science? The interview with the mom and about her missing daughter and the whole hybrid thing was great. I suspect mental stuff, meth or one of those UFO-cults (or cult of some kind?) for the whole story. Still interesting story that is not over (cause of death, purpose of weapons and all the cache houses and vehicles, confirm source of cash/income, and what happens to the girl, etc.)
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-22393858
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/b/5fc697ec-a1b7-4370-995f-76b39f448055
http://www.wired.com/2008/05/army-removes-pa/

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 28, 2015, 08:49:37 PM
She's not have been the only reporter fooled by fake stories! Happens all the time- even by the big guys. Then again, some stuff might be true? But are you really listening to these types of shows for science? The interview with the mom and about her missing daughter and the whole hybrid thing was great. I suspect mental stuff, meth or one of those UFO-cults (or cult of some kind?) for the whole story. Still interesting story that is not over (cause of death, purpose of weapons and all the cache houses and vehicles, confirm source of cash/income, and what happens to the girl, etc.)
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-22393858
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/b/5fc697ec-a1b7-4370-995f-76b39f448055
http://www.wired.com/2008/05/army-removes-pa/

LMH has never claimed to be a scientist, or even a science writer, for that matter.  She does claim to be a journalist, however, and I have been disappointed in the past at how poor a job she had done in researching some of the stories she has brought on radio.  I do agree, however even the best make errors in judgement and buy in to stories without due diligence.  For example Art damn near shilled for that silly "Alien Autopsy" film, George Knapp unbelievable took the bait and ran with the Bob Lazar story.  I don't expect any of them to be perfect, but I would like them to be judicious to point of not giving the genre a bad name when their poor or incomplete research comes to light.

Bradsmith313

Yes. It happens. But there's nothing to this story except a deranged man who had a lot of guns and could have been a walking time bomb. He was very unstable.

LMH. As a reporter, I know what it's like to track stories that attract you and that you feel need to be made public. However, I also know that sometimes people get so focused on things that they're blind to the reality all around them. That's LMH. Doty . . . . Well, my hats off to Doty. He played the game well and LMH fell for it. Hook. Line. Sinker. Sucker.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 28, 2015, 09:15:07 PM
LMH has never claimed to be a scientist, or even a science writer, for that matter.  She does claim to be a journalist, however, and I have been disappointed in the past at how poor a job she had done in researching some of the stories she has brought on radio.  I do agree, however even the best make errors in judgement and buy in to stories without due diligence.  For example Art damn near shilled for that silly "Alien Autopsy" film, George Knapp unbelievable took the bait and ran with the Bob Lazar story.  I don't expect any of them to be perfect, but I would like them to be judicious to point of not giving the genre a bad name when their poor or incomplete research comes to light.
Bob Lazar. He's still got her and others following his story. I have to admit, years ago, it sounded good. But, now looking at it . . . .

albrecht

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 28, 2015, 09:16:39 PM
Yes. It happens. But there's nothing to this story except a deranged man who had a lot of guns and could have been a walking time bomb. He was very unstable.

LMH. As a reporter, I know what it's like to track stories that attract you and that you feel need to be made public. However, I also know that sometimes people get so focused on things that they're blind to the reality all around them. That's LMH. Doty . . . . Well, my hats off to Doty. He played the game well and LMH fell for it. Hook. Line. Sinker. Sucker.
And people don't "report" about that!?! For days we had reporting about the white trash guy that killed blacks in a church. And then now the black Obama adherent and proclaimed "gay" who was bullied by everyone shooting up a news crew and posting it on social media. Thankfully this crazy (I guess) guy in LA didn't kill a bunch of people but it is an interesting story- particularly due to the amount of cash, weapons, vehicles, cache locations, the "holes" in the already bizarre scenario of the death and people leaving the scene, the high-price lawyer involved, the estranged or missing daughter, and claims of Alien/Hybrid, government ops, etc. It is story meant for C2C or Art Bell!

With regard to Doty etc. I'm not a UFO guy much but, I guess, it could be dis-dis-dis-info also? If you look at actual, real stuff (especially during the Cold War) in things like espionage you have so many instances and people that still aren't 100% trusted and history that no one is 100% sure what happened. Double, triple agents, fake defectors, real defectors, defectors to make real defectors look fake, planted info, disinfo, real info, inside man, 5th man, political use of psychiatry, internal politics and in-fighting, secret lists, whistleblowers, etc and wheels within wheels.

Bradsmith313

The disnfo is still going on. It's working. Look at how it's doing a number on RCH.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 28, 2015, 09:15:07 PM
To me, the shows are entertainment or thought experiments (when the more scientific or "crazy" science guys are on.) Reporters, especially tv and even radio, don't hold much truck with me. Bleeds it leads. Sell advertising. Read government or corporate press releases. I get it. Sometimes you have good ones (Severeids, etc) but I always figured LMH, C2C, Art, etc not reporters, or teachers, but entertainment- that sometimes gets some science, truth, etc on it.

I totally understand how people would be upset by false reports, cheats, fraud, etc especially if really into the cause or subject. I've just always assumed the UFO (and other) stuff was, basically, based on this (anomalies waiting to be explained, government/corporate black budget items, mistaken perception, weather issues, fraudsters, crazy people, etc.) Not to say there aren't UFOs; people see stuff all the time- even not in the sky and "can't identify" them and I'm sure the military (and even private companies) have stuff that we would be shocked at. And it could be there is alien life out there- but I doubt it would be sentient or look so much like us ("Nordics") or would be having accidents. Assuming they could come here from far away with super technology I doubt they would crash or even really want to have much to do with us. Then again....sh*t happens. And I enjoy the stories.

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 27, 2015, 10:38:03 PM
Whenever LMH goes on C2C and ssees her shadow it means six more months of Dave on the air.

how has this not been quoted

well played

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 28, 2015, 12:06:52 PM

Finally got around to listening to the LMH segments, agree with you on the dead alien hybrid CIA guy being entertaining.  Even without the alien and/or CIA connection, the story of a guy dying under strange circumstances, then finding out he had enough weapons/ammo/cash stockpiled to overthrow some banana republic is intriguing.  I reckon the guy to be closer to a David Korech/Jim Jones type than an alien lizard, but hey, who knows.

I got a real chuckle out of the story she told about meeting a "ring laser" engineer from WPAFB who she claimed gave her inside information on Roswell and MIBs.  Many times colleagues and I were asked about the aliens and Hanger 18, particularly while travelling.  In my thirty-plus years at WPAFB, I'd estimate I was asked those questions at least a couple dozen times, surprisingly more often by women than men, and usually on an airliner or in a hotel bar.  I told at least a handful of them some seriously weird shit, but had colleagues who really jumped in with both feet and messed bigtime with those folks' heads.  We'd all get a good laugh sharing our stories with one another, utterly amazed at just how gullible prople were.  So, if we assume Linda really did talk with a WPAFB enginner at Ball Aerospace, personal experience tells me there's a good chance he was just messing with her.