• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Seriously guys, stop it with the repetitive small talk when calling in.

Started by Auslandia, August 26, 2015, 05:51:59 AM

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on August 26, 2015, 08:50:36 PM
Hi thanks for taking my post.  I can't believe you're really reading it!  I'm a first-time poster but long-time reader of this thread.  Just wanted to say what a great job you're doing with this thread.  I work late and read this thread to help pass the time.  I've told all my friends about it, even my friend back in Albuquerque.  He loves it there.  Oh, can I give a shout out?  Hey Jimbo!  He's a great guy.  Actually he's got a story about bigfoot - well I'll tell you that one some other time.  Anyway thanks for doing all you do to give us such a great thread!

Extinguish your light sabre!

onan

Hi thanks for taking my post.  I can't believe you're really reading it!  I'm a first-time poster but long-time reader of this thread.  Just wanted to say what a great job you're doing with this thread.  I work late and read this thread to help pass the time.  I've told all my friends about it, even my friend back in Albuquerque.  He loves it there.  Oh, can I give a shout out?  Hey Jimbo!  He's a great guy.  Actually he's got a story about bigfoot - well I'll tell you that one some other time.  Anyway thanks for doing all you do to give us such a great thread!
Next poster, please.

Juan Cena

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 26, 2015, 11:05:39 AM
I recall a similar complaint years ago regarding callers to the Rush Limbaugh show. Valuable airtime being wasted with repetitive laudation. The solution was to abbreviate all greetings to...ditto. Thus, the rise of the "dittoheads"

Art came up with"Roswell!" As the generic greeting for Dark Matter.

I called in once, and greeted Art with "Mega-Roswells!" Art chuckled.

I used "Mega-Roswells" when I called in Monday night. I should have gone with "Mega-boings."

=Schlyder=

Turn off your fucking devices. 
....And don't be a dead air Derpster. 
Assholes who call in.. and then leave the fucking room their device is in, thinking Art will page them telepathically... when he regretfully picks up your line...and you give him 30 seconds of dead air before he hangs up and, hopefully, blocks your dumbass from ever calling again.  You are a derpster.

coaster

Quote from: Schlyder7 on August 26, 2015, 11:39:55 PM
Turn off your fucking devices. 
....And don't be a dead air Derpster. 
Assholes who call in.. and then leave the fucking room their device is in, thinking Art will page them telepathically... when he regretfully picks up your line...and you give him 30 seconds of dead air before he hangs up and, hopefully, blocks your dumbass from ever calling again.  You are a derpster.
That is annoying.  He had a few of those calls in a row.
Going once... goice twice.

ziznak

that was zeebo on the squirell line!! and we go to the west of the rockies line....

paladin1991

Quote from: Oculary on August 26, 2015, 12:12:32 PM
Instead of Roswells - we should just call and as a way of greeting say "Young Filipinas"...Hit him where he lives...Hey! Just because he's the best doesn't mean he's not human!

Hi Dave!

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on August 27, 2015, 01:10:42 PM
Yea 3 days after the launch new user...paid PremRat...
Hey interns and paralegals gotta eat also though it sucks they have to get a job at iHate. I won't fault them because times are tight but I will blame their boss, show host, producers and those executives in mist-tunnels.

zeebo

Quote from: ziznak on August 27, 2015, 12:33:23 AM
that was zeebo on the squirell line!! and we go to the west of the rockies line....

Now see that's what we need.  Squirrel line for me, hedgehog line for popple.

zeebo

Quote from: chefist on August 27, 2015, 01:10:42 PM
Yea 3 days after the launch new user...paid PremRat...

Problem is they get paid in pizza rolls and turmeric supplements.  They fade out quick for lack of nutrition.

anunnaki

Have Art announce before going to the callers  "To save time I'm doing just fine and I know you think that's good - so lets dispense with all of that, and cut to the chase- What is your question ?"

you forgot "I don't have a question for your guest, but I'm rude and self-important so I'm going to derail the show with my irrelevant bigfoot/ufo/gubmint'spiracy story" guy