• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Desert Guest Recommendations

Started by Chronaut, August 22, 2015, 05:29:02 PM

Auslandia

If they could've just stopped at at the binary download it would've been OK. Then they had to jump the shark. People can't help themselves.

telos

I'd love to hear Art interview a member of Led Zeppelin...preferably Page but Robert or John would be cool to. Im sure any of them would have interesting stories.

b_dubb

Quote from: inuk2600 on August 23, 2015, 10:50:09 AM
David Childress should be banned based on the WAY he talks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCH8a8Ehqc
that fucker is intolerable.  i don't know how he got on camera.  i could see him writing and producing but not on air talent.  he's horrible.

also ancient aliens is total horseshit

boxman

I would like to see a show about the "Mandela effect" as I have some personal experience with that topic.
Dont know if there are any good guests for that topic though, but might be possible to get the person behind this site: http://mandelaeffect.com on the show.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Auslandia on August 24, 2015, 06:28:31 PM
If they could've just stopped at at the binary download it would've been OK. Then they had to jump the shark. People can't help themselves.

In fairness, the binary code silliness was the responsibility of just one of the experiencers, Jim Penniston, approximately thirty years after the fact.  I think it reasonable to assert the other principles in the Rendlesham story do not exactly have Penniston at the top of their Christmas card list, this can be heard in the interviews during the three Rendlesham shows Jimmy Church did a year or so ago.  Having followed this incident very closely since the mid 1980s, I personally felt Penniston was the least credible of all those involved even before he broke his code story.

I'd also like to clarify an earlier post.  When I mentioned "Rendlesham scammers", I was talking more about people who will come forward with previously unrevealed personal involvement/tie-in with the actual incident, or who will claim to have information allegedly passed on to them by someone associated with the events.  As I said before, Rendlesham is, if not already, fast becoming a cottage industry where dubious sorts will see a buck/pound or two to be made.

Surmo

For my submission as guests:

Les Stroud - The "Survivorman." He can cover the outdoors, survival, animal stories, his music background,
living off the grid, and his various stories on Bigfoot.

Joe Rogan - Art needs to go into the sensory deprivation chamber at Rogan's place, as could Rogan, and
they could recount and compare their stories.  One could imbibe some cannibus (Rogan) and one would
not (Art).  Maybe Aldous could go as a BellGab reporter, and take something stronger and go in the chamber
as well!

Harry Turtledove - I second Uncle Duke's recommendation.  Turtledove is fascinating on alternate history
stuff, and is indeed quite eccentric.  Who knows what gems Art could get from him?

Lovecraft - Well, I mean an expert on Lovecraft, should his death make him unavailable, as his life and his
stories are fascinating and eerie.

Edgar Mitchell - I second several recommendations.  The guy is in his 80's, fascinating, nearing his demise,
and more than willing to spill his secrets (or his dotage, take your pick).  But the guy is a hero on many levels.

starrmtn001

Ok, last time.

I would LOVE Art to have on as a guest . . . .  Ready?     MV! ;D

A simple yes or no will suffice.  Thank you kindly.

henge0stone

Quote from: 311guy1 on August 24, 2015, 08:18:56 AM
I don't think Art has ever done a show specially about the Rendlesham incident. One of the best cases with good witnesses in my opinion.

John Rohdes telling his batshit theories about Dulce would make an entertaining show as well.

Looks like art is reading this, got an investigator on the case tonight.

311guy1

Quote from: henge0stone on August 25, 2015, 02:14:21 PM
Looks like art is reading this, got an investigator on the case tonight.

That's great and all, but a show dedicated to this case with the major witnesses is needed. When else has a craft been witnessed on multiple days by military personnel? Art interviewing Halt, Burroughs, Penniston would blow out of the water anything ever done about the case. Maybe he could even get the elusive observation tower witness who say the craft "scanning" the weapons storage area where the nuclear weapons, or so it's thought, were kept.

Solarian

Quote from: Surmo on August 24, 2015, 09:29:12 PM
Lovecraft - Well, I mean an expert on Lovecraft, should his death make him unavailable, as his life and his
stories are fascinating and eerie.

I would like to second this.
S.T. Joshi is probably the top Lovecraft scholar, or perhaps Robert M. Price.

I would also suggest author William Gibson, I would love to hear them go into posthumanism or near-futurism.

Paradox

Given the debacle that is tonight's show, what with the guest trying to put all this out before anyone has a chance to read his book and vet his claims, I would like to suggest having some of the people from Project CORE on MITD.

http://projectcore.net/

And yes, I would love to here Mr. Robbins in a round table discussion with the people to whom he is taking exception. That is if Art's nerves can take it. 

henge0stone

Art should get someone someone on talking about sea monsters and the legend of the kraken.

Chet Van Duzer would make a good guest.

He wrote a cool booked called Sea Monsters on Medieval and Renaissance Maps, all about sea creatures people thought existed in the middle ages and put on maps.

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Monsters-Medieval-Renaissance-Maps/dp/0712357718/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440622491&sr=1-1&keywords=sea+monsters

AppealPlay

Quote from: henge0stone on August 26, 2015, 02:57:21 PM
Art should get someone someone on talking about sea monsters and the legend of the kraken.

Chet Van Duzer would make a good guest.

He wrote a cool booked called Sea Monsters on Medieval and Renaissance Maps, all about sea creatures people thought existed in the middle ages and put on maps.

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Monsters-Medieval-Renaissance-Maps/dp/0712357718/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440622491&sr=1-1&keywords=sea+monsters

Oh!  Good one!  I like that idea.  Also, someone a week or two ago suggested a show about Irish folklore.  I hope that's going to happen at some point, too.

henge0stone

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 26, 2015, 03:13:07 PM
Oh!  Good one!  I like that idea.  Also, someone a week or two ago suggested a show about Irish folklore.  I hope that's going to happen at some point, too.

Celtic folklore would be amazing! Anything history related would be great.

nbirnes

Quote from: wr250 on August 26, 2015, 03:14:49 PM
james swagger as a guest.

Seconded! James has also interviewed almost every great writer or investigator in the entire ancient field who is alive today. His show is Capricorn Radio on DMDN Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern.

http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/shows/capricorn-radio/

henge0stone

I second that James would be a good. He gets good guests, Capricorn is okay, James could use more experience as an interviewer but he certainly has good stories on ancient sites.

Mastodonkey

Quote from: Solarian on August 26, 2015, 12:01:30 AM
I would like to second this.
S.T. Joshi is probably the top Lovecraft scholar, or perhaps Robert M. Price.

I would also suggest author William Gibson, I would love to hear them go into posthumanism or near-futurism.

I third this. Either of those gents mentioned above would be excellent. Lovecraft's stories, his life, cosmicism etc..

S.T. Joshi is also a great author on atheism. Bob Price is a great talker on just about everything Lovecraftian, religious studies, etc.. would love to hear Art yap it up with either of them.

Juan Cena

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 26, 2015, 03:13:07 PM

On a related front, I would love to hear Art do a show on pirates. I mean the ones like Redbeard and Captain Kidd. Or any kind of pirate-related mysteries or ghost stories.

Wade Collins

I would really like to have him do a full show with David Paulides, who is obviously a George Knapp favorite. But it would be interesting to get Art's take on the topic. Art's guests so far have been average and predictable he needs a better mix or the show drags.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Wade Collins on August 26, 2015, 11:40:59 PM
I would really like to have him do a full show with David Paulides, who is obviously a George Knapp favorite. But it would be interesting to get Art's take on the topic. Art's guests so far have been average and predictable he needs a better mix or the show drags.
I don't want Art to interview anybody who thinks they're a horse.

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 27, 2015, 05:50:30 PM
Come on. Jason would be a great show! Especially considering the social progress we've had with regard to gender, race, and sexuality becoming choices and now simply "self-identifying" means you are whatever you wish. Bring on Jason.

And as an aside Mr.Fidget for an update on Fidgets, resolve the bad feelings apparently between Art and Mr.Fidget, and see if he can still phreak the phones in a digital age to get into the show whenever he wishes.

starrmtn001

So, that's a NO for Mr. Ed?  Got it. ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2015, 05:54:24 PM
Come on. Jason would be a great show! Especially considering the social progress we've had with regard to gender, race, and sexuality becoming choices and now simply "self-identifying" means you are whatever you wish. Bring on Jason.
I guess if they thought they were a gay transgendered gluten intolerant horse or unicorn then that would be righteous.

fixedgear48

My suggestions are - Shirley Maclaine or Cher or Daryl Hannah.
I think any of these would be good for a night of smh.

Juan Cena

How about a show where Art interviews Bronies?

zeebo

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 27, 2015, 10:34:15 PM

That's just so wrong that it's right.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 27, 2015, 10:34:15 PM
Only. And ONLY if Jason The Horse is allowed, at least, to call in.