• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Desert Guest Recommendations

Started by Chronaut, August 22, 2015, 05:29:02 PM

albrecht

Sterling Seagrave on the lost Japanese gold and loot. Or other Asian subjects, or even chemical warfare, he has written some good stuff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_Seagrave

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamashita's_gold

Yka

I hope I get my guest suggestions list finished and posted today!

Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock are definitely my most wanted guests!  :)

It would be nice to just post the list, but you can't edit your posts here, so everything has to be perfect before you click that Post button...

Albemuth

Nancy Sinatra: Art could chat her up about her old man’s mob connections, coming of age in the 1960’s,  Lee Hazelwood,  and the making & meaning of Some Velvet Morning.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Albemuth on December 01, 2015, 11:04:10 AM
Lee Hazelwood,  and the making & meaning of Some Velvet Morning.

Lee Hazlewood passed away some time ago. His son Mark is a Planet X guy, he was on with Art on C2C.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2002/01/16

Robert

Quote from: Albemuth on December 01, 2015, 11:04:10 AMNancy Sinatra: Art could chat her up about her old man’s mob connections, coming of age in the 1960’s,  Lee Hazelwood,  and the making & meaning of Some Velvet Morning.
Should be left to George Knapp.

Albemuth

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on December 01, 2015, 11:28:01 AM
Lee Hazlewood passed away some time ago. His son Mark is a Planet X guy, he was on with Art on C2C.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2002/01/16

Cool - Thanks.

EarthAlien007

D.M. Murdock aka Acharya S

D.M. Murdock, also known by her pen name, "Acharya S," is the author of several books on comparative religion and mythology, including "The Christ Conspiracy," "Suns of God," "Who Was Jesus?" and "Christ in Egypt." She is also the author of "The Gospel According to Acharya S," which seeks to answer some long-held questions concerning the nature of God, religion and humankind's place in the world.

Murdock is an alumna of Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, PA, where she studied Classics, Greek Civilization. She has lived in Greece and is also an alumna of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, Greece. Acharya has excavated at Corinth, Greece, where tradition has St. Paul addressing the Corinthians, as well as at a Paleo-Indian site in the U.S. She speaks, reads and/or writes to varying degrees English, French, Spanish, ancient and modern Greek, Latin, German and other languages.

Acharya S/Murdock has several websites, including TruthBeKnown.com, StellarHousePublishing.com, TBKNews.blogspot.com and FreethoughtNation.com.

Yka

Is that your Christmas show suggestion for Art, EarthAlien007?  ;)

She is basically saying that there never was a historical Jesus. Would Art do such a controversial show? What do you guys think?

I know that C2CAM would never touch that subject. They would lose their last listeners if they did a show like that...

Still working on my guest suggestions list. You can always add one more suggestion...

But I hope that Heather is busy with my previous suggestions!

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Yka on December 03, 2015, 03:14:16 AM

She is basically saying that there never was a historical Jesus. Would Art do such a controversial show? What do you guys think?

I know that C2CAM would never touch that subject. They would lose their last listeners if they did a show like that...

Still working on my guest suggestions list. You can always add one more suggestion...

Yes! I like how you think.
If Redacted could get her for Christmas Eve, that would be great. I'm pretty sure Art's off on Christmas.

testing101

It would be interesting to hear Art sit down with:

John B Wells
Alex Jones
George Snoorey
Donald Trump

albrecht

Quote from: Yka on December 03, 2015, 03:14:16 AM

Could be interesting but Christian revisionism/bashing is so passe and mainstream, especially around the holidays. A really controversial show would be some experts on about how Muhammad never existed or the modern state of Israel should not have existed. THEN you would get some controversy and angry callers! Or a spokesman for ISIS (or at least Hamas, Hezbollah, or some group like that.)

EarthAlien007

Quote from: albrecht on December 03, 2015, 03:34:41 PM
Could be interesting but Christian revisionism/bashing is so passe and mainstream, especially around the holidays.

Do you really think Acharya S is all that?

Maybe I'm just jaded because I tend to think mainstream religion is ridiculous.

Dr. MD MD

I think it would be great if Art could get Grant Morrison for a show. Not only is he one of the premier comic book writers of the past few decades but he's a big proponent of practical magik and always has a lot to say on the subject. He also takes over the reigns as editor at Heavy Metal magazine in the new year and has promised to return it to it's former glory of it's first decade of existence. He's an all around interesting guy with a great Scottish accent! I'd love to hear Art interview him one day soon.

Papa Lazarou

Dr. Richard Carrier, another academic who doubts the historicity of Jesus:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Carrier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwUZOZN-9dc

+1 for Jason Colavito too. I'd love to hear him talk about Lovecraft, Atlantis, occult, etc.

www.jasoncolavito.com
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Colavito

Yka

I listened to one interview with this Jason guy. He seems arrogant and loves to badmouth everyone else.  :o

Like Peter Robbins, but 100 times worse. I doubt that Art would let him spread his hatred on the show...

I don't know... Maybe a debate between him and several other guests could work? But would it be fun?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Papa Lazarou on December 03, 2015, 06:45:18 PM

An hour-long video attachment?  Your avatar should be St. Jude, Patron Saint of Lost Causes.  Oops, he was a Christian.

VtaGeezer

Proposition:  Art should have a special line for jihadis some night.
Discuss.

Ehh I can do with out the Bible bashers as much as the thumpers. It's seems like most of Arts listners are atheist or agnostics anyways.

Papa Lazarou

Quote from: Yka on December 05, 2015, 01:10:05 PM
I listened to one interview with this Jason guy. He seems arrogant and loves to badmouth everyone else.  :o

Like Peter Robbins, but 100 times worse. I doubt that Art would let him spread his hatred on the show...

Yep, I do think that Jason Colavito is somewhat dry and nerdy guy, but I wouldn't call his position "hatred". He's a skeptic, just like Michael Shermer or Mike Heiser, both of whom have been guests on Art's show. Colavito calling bullshit on Scott Wolter & Ancient Aliens would be just as entertaining as Heiser calling bullshit on Sitchin.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 05, 2015, 01:45:01 PM
An hour-long video attachment?  Your avatar should be St. Jude, Patron Saint of Lost Causes.  Oops, he was a Christian.

There are several hour-long video attachements in this thread, why aren't you butthurt about those?

I'm not one of those rabid New Atheist types myself, religion irrelevant to me. I just find its history interesting.

henge0stone

Quote from: Papa Lazarou on December 03, 2015, 06:45:18 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Carrier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwUZOZN-9dc

+1 for Jason Colavito too. I'd love to hear him talk about Lovecraft, Atlantis, occult, etc.

www.jasoncolavito.com
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Colavito

He's in the extreme minority, most historians believe there is as much or more evidence for Jesus's existence as there is for Buddha and other important historical figures.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 05, 2015, 01:47:52 PM
Proposition:  Art should have a special line for jihadis some night.
Discuss.
I think it would be great. There are a few 'converts' from the Americas/Europe so language issues wouldn't be a problem. The only issue I could see is Art is a stickler for audio-quality and some of the lines over in the Muslim world could be dicey. But, heck, I guess one of the "refugees" could call in on a good phone line from one of our countries and discuss the jihad and his admiration and plans for terrorism?

Yka

Quote from: Papa Lazarou on December 05, 2015, 03:57:48 PM
Yep, I do think that Jason Colavito is somewhat dry and nerdy guy, but I wouldn't call his position "hatred". He's a skeptic, just like Michael Shermer or Mike Heiser, both of whom have been guests on Art's show. Colavito calling bullshit on Scott Wolter & Ancient Aliens would be just as entertaining as Heiser calling bullshit on Sitchin.

I would like to hear all of these guys (Michael Shermer, Mike Heiser, Scott Wolter, Erich von Däniken, Giorgio A. Tsoukalos, etc.) on Art's show.

And maybe some "mainstream history vs. alternative theories" debates, but personally I don't find one-sided name-calling entertaining.

bellNwhistle

Pardon me if I missed this, but last night when listing to the archives, Art said something about having been to a convention (and on stage with) Matt Drudge.  Do you know if he's ever interviewed him?  Maybe he should have him back, if he has? That would be interesting.

I have only heard one of Richard Hoagland's shows, and that was an interview with the dude from the Lone Gunmen on the X Files.  That would be killer for Art to interview someone like that.. i mean, The X Files (for starters) really helped grow a huge interest in the paranormal.  An "X Files" type show in general would be cool. Maybe he could get "The Smoking Man"  ;D

bellNwhistle

The Antichrist.. 

which reminds me.. on possibly the same show I was listening to last night, Art said something about being told the name of the 3rd Antichrist.. and some guy said who it was but Art bleeped him on the grounds of wanting to interview this person at some point.

Plainversion

It's not a guest, but a topic I think would appeal to Art Bell fans. Google "Hekate Station", I won't post a link to it as I am hazy on the rules here for links and such.

Anyway is this weirdly cryptic network of sites about a ritual using ceramic skulls, golems, and odd graffiti to do...I dunno, do -something- spooky. Hard to tell.

Robert

Art Bell's stalker.

Very hard to verify, but that hasn't stopped 'em before!