• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Desert Guest Recommendations

Started by Chronaut, August 22, 2015, 05:29:02 PM

Chronaut

I thought it would be fun and productive to collect our guest recommendations in a dedicated thread, so we can not only share our guest ideas, but also have some discussion of them.  My hope is that some open discussion will help us gauge the interest of Art’s listeners regarding various guest ideas, and flush out con artists who only want to exploit the show for personal profit.

We can also send our guest recommendations to (Redacted) at producer@artbell.com

Here are some of the guest ideas I’ve had recently â€" I’m listing their names along with some of the topics they can share with us.  It’s against site rules to post personal contact info, but I have email addresses for everyone except Edward Snowden.  I welcome your insights regarding their suitability and credibility:

Edward Snowden
-   what he has to say about the information that he chose â€"not- to leak
-   the prospect of a pardon now that the government surveillance program he disclosed has now been ruled illegal by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
-   Online covert operations and their role in UFO information suppression

Stanton Friedman
-   The sea change in public opinion re: EBEs in the era of exosolar planet discoveries
-   Gravitation propulsion technology and black budget programs
-   Best UFO physical trace evidence cases

Ryan Wood
-   UFO crash retrievals teams:  Projects Moon Dust and Blue Fly
-   The best of the 74 UFO crash retrieval investigations he wrote about
-   Boeing’s Project “Greenglow”
-   Leonard Stringfield’s findings
-   Majestic 12, authenticated and fabricated documents
-   The 1954 SOM-01 document on extraterrestrial crash retrieval operations

Nick Cook
-   Boyd Bushman, senior research scientist at Lockheed’s Skunk Works program with over 28 USPTO patents on propulsion, energy, missile detection and stealth technologies.
-   The other researchers Nick contacted at the behest of Boyd Bushman
-   Advanced black budget research programs at Lockheed, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, etc
-   The dangers of unregulated secret technologies
-   The real annual budget of black budget programs vs the publicly disclosed budgets
-   A breakaway civilization?

Sean Donovan - author of Contactee:  Was Daniel Fry Telling the Truth?
-   Rocket technician Daniel Fry’s 1949 contact at White Sands Missile Proving Ground
-   The extraterrestrial agenda for humanity
-   Gravitational field propulsion technology
-   Ancient and lost advanced civilizations on Earth

Paul Hellyer - Canada’s former Minister of National Defence
-   UFO secrecy, leaked documents, and evidence
-   Secret energy technologies and world transformation
-   The fight for disclosure:  problems and solutions
-   Banking cartels and global political corruption
-   Best first-hand knowledge of UFOs and ETs
-   Most compelling cases and the Shag Harbor incident

Elon Musk
-   Private space tourism industry SpaceX
-   Energy storage and electric cars present and future
-   Mission to Mars and future plans

Thomas Valone â€" former patent clerk
-   free energy patents and technologies
-   Tesla’s wireless energy transfer system
-   Electrogravitics
-   Innowattech energy harvesting technology for roads and train tracks

Sonny White and/or Paul March of Eagleworks
-   Current warp field experimentation
-   Alcubierre warp field theory, his canonical reformulation
-   Dark energy and higher-dimensional spacetime physics
-   EM Drive and Cannae Drive experiments

David Chalmers - Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Centre for Consciousness at the Australian National University, Professor of Philosophy at New York University, and Fellow of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences
-   The science of consciousness, present and future
-   The “hard” and “soft” problems of consciousness
-   Why we’re not “zombies” or “biological robots” versus self-aware beings
-   Neurology and mind
-   Emergent and mystical models of consciousness

wr250

perhaps our very own agent : orange could be a guest. he was steered into his current vocation by Art Bell interviewing michio kaku.

chefist

Now THAT'S how to start a thread! Good job! I will put together a similar outline...makes it easy for (Red)!  ;)

starrmtn001

Back in the day, Gregg Braden was a guest of Art's on C2C, Many times.  Art always sounded so up beat when Gregg was his guest. 

I recommend Gregg Braden. ;)

chefist

Right now I have one that Art used to have on before Ghost to Ghost....BRAD STEIGER!!!!   

He had the best stories ever! And told them in an entertaining manner!

Chronaut

Quote from: (Redacted) on August 22, 2015, 05:38:14 PM
Thank you, Chronaut.
My pleasure (Redacted) â€" I’m delighted to hear from the mysterious producer of Art’s new show =)

Quote from: wr250 on August 22, 2015, 05:44:29 PM
perhaps our very own agent : orange could be a guest. he was steered into his current vocation by Art Bell interviewing michio kaku.
Now that’s a fascinating teaser â€" but I have no idea what you’re talking about; can you expand on this a bit â€" curious minds want the full story!

Quote from: chefist on August 22, 2015, 05:49:18 PM
Now THAT'S how to start a thread! Good job! I will put together a similar outline...makes it easy for (Red)!  ;)
What a kind post â€" thank you chefist! =)  I look forward to seeing your suggestions â€" there are so many fascinating people out there and Art’s show is the only venue for so many of them to share their work and ideas in depth.  I’m crushed that the mysterious old genius Boyd Bushman died last year â€" we needed Art’s unique interviewing prowess to delve into that man’s myriad secrets, and pry beneath his well-rehearsed cover stories.  It keeps me up at night, wondering what may have come to light if Art had grappled with him for a few hours…Boyd was the only true scientific genius from the heart of America’s military special access programs to ever speak to the public about his work (and he lost his special access clearance after talking with Nick Cook for only a few minutes of Cook’s Billion Dollar Secret documentary).

Let’s make sure that such a ripe opportunity to peek beneath the veil of secret research programs never slips by us again!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 22, 2015, 06:23:02 PM
Back in the day, Gregg Braden was a guest of Art's on C2C, Many times.  Art always sounded so up beat when Gregg was his guest. 

I recommend Gregg Braden. ;)
I enjoyed Gregg Braden’s wild ideas about an ancient mystical science that could alter human DNA, but I dunno if his ideas have anything resembling scientific credibility…he says a lot of very “New Agey” stuff.  Have you delved into his material?  Does it seem to hold up under scrutiny?  After hearing David Sereda talk a bunch of gibberish last week I’m reluctant to embrace any more woo-ific guests…

Quote from: chefist on August 22, 2015, 06:26:16 PM
Right now I have one that Art used to have on before Ghost to Ghost....BRAD STEIGER!!!!   

Brad does have a great deal of knowledge on these subjects; I’d like to hear what he has to say.  But honestly he could be pretty arrogant and mean â€" I’ve listened to some of his shows when he was doing The Paracast and thinking “What a jerk â€" I would never do an interview with that guy!”

But maybe it was just a difficult time in his life â€" I guess we all get kinda prickly from time to time.  I am intrigued to hear what he’s found out about secret societies and government conspiracies…we really need to dig deep into those areas.  I think he pushes way too hard on his bias against the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis though - but that's becoming a big fad in this community.  And I'm willing to entertain other explanations, but "it's something/anything else" isn't an alternative theory, it's an anti-theory...and that's not very helpful.  Which is probably why Jacques Vallee sorta fell out of favor.

wr250

Quote from: Chronaut on August 22, 2015, 06:47:44 PM

Now that’s a fascinating teaser â€" but I have no idea what you’re talking about; can you expand on this a bit â€" curious minds want the full story!
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,4908.0.html

phrodo

I think Neil deGrasse Tyson would be an interesting guest and an alternative to Michio Kaku -- not that I don't like Kaku .. but I do LOVE physics and how it relates to our universe and think NdGT could maybe have a fresh take on some of the same topics. I don't think Art has ever interviewed him has he?

Chronaut

Quote from: wr250 on August 22, 2015, 06:54:39 PM
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,4908.0.html
Thank you wr250 â€" I love cutting edge cosmology and experimentation; I’ll read this with great interest ;)

Quote from: phrodo on August 22, 2015, 07:08:48 PM
I think Neil deGrasse Tyson would be an interesting guest and an alternative to Michio Kaku -- not that I don't like Kaku .. but I do LOVE physics and how it relates to our universe and think NdGT could maybe have a fresh take on some of the same topics. I don't think Art has ever interviewed him has he?
I don’t recall that he ever has â€" it seems like an interview that should definitely happen.  Stanton Friedman has the intelligence edge on him though â€" I’d love to hear a debate between them actually =P  Tyson seems to be the presumptive inheritor of Carl Sagan’s “public science advocate” mantle, but 1.) he’s not as smart, honestly, and 2.) he’s so infuriatingly condescending…it always sounds like he’s trying to explain rudimentary concepts to a third grader.  Show me the money Neil!!

That made me think of Professor Brian Cox â€" the English particle physicist.  He’s also a pop science advocate who tends to talk to people like we’re all retards (why are all these folks so patronizing?) but he’s charming about it, and has a genuine boyish enthusiasm for the subject that’s quite infectious at times.  Plus, there’s the English acc’nt.

And I forgot to mention Sharon Hill in my opening post, so let’s add her too:

Sharon Hill â€" professional skeptic and advocate, founder/editor/writer of DoubtfulNews.com, and an eloquent speaker
- paranormal subjects ranging from ghosts to Bigfoot to ufos and psychics
- paranormal research groups and their methodologies
- skepticism and public outreach for the advancement of critical reasoning
- skeptics organizations and dynamics, and leading minds in the skeptic’s movement

Professor Brian Cox â€" CERN particle physicist and popular science advocate
- the Large Hadron Collider particle accelerator and findings
- the Standard models of fundamental particles and forces
- quantum physics
- Einstein’s general relativity and special relativity, time dilation, etc
- Cosmology and dark energy and dark matter research

Morgus

Quote from: phrodo on August 22, 2015, 07:08:48 PM
A caller last night brought him up to Art and it sounded like he may already be tentatively scheduled as a guest in the near future, though Art couldn't reveal exact details since he has to keep the guests secret until the day of the show.

phrodo

Quote from: Morgus on August 22, 2015, 08:21:13 PM
A caller last night brought him up to Art and it sounded like he may already be tentatively scheduled as a guest in the near future, though Art couldn't reveal exact details since he has to keep the guests secret until the day of the show.

That would be great if he is. Didn't hear all of the show last night - just parts during the middle.

henge0stone

Quote from: chefist on August 22, 2015, 06:26:16 PM

Art did Ghost to Ghost long before he had Stieger on.

Glenn Campbell - Area 51 and Black Project Researcher
http://www.glenn-campbell.com/

- Probably the foremost expert on Area 51 and the goings-on in black projects in Nevada
- Classic Art Bell Guest who was on Dreamland way back
- Discovered Freedom Ridge

Jessica Schilke - Head of Microsoft's Aquaponics Program
http://www.greenaquaponics.org/about.html

- One of the top five minds in the country on hydroponics, aquaponics and urban farming
- Attended one of her lectures where she blew my mind repeatedly about the future of aquaponics
- Head of Microsoft's program for Aquaponics and a very interesting engaging lady

Paul Stonehill - Russian UFO Investigator

- Another classic C2C guest
- Probably the foremost expert on Soviet and Russian UFO Experiences
- Not sure how old this is...
QuotePaul Stonehill is a Soviet-born researcher of anomalous phenomena, and an independent consultant. Paul has lived in the United States since 1973. The following is a brief biography of Paul written in his own words:

My name is Paul Stonehill. I am an author, television consultant, lecturer, and researcher of Russian, East European, Central Asian and Far Eastern paranormal phenomena. My book, The Soviet UFO Files, was published in 1998, in English, Czech, and Dutch. My articles have been translated and published in many languages, from Ukrainian to Hungarian to Japanese. I am fluent in Russian, and know Ukrainian. I have excellent sources in the former Soviet Union, and gather long-lost or forbidden paranormal materials and files (the Armed Forces, secret police, underground publications, etc.). Philip Mantle (UK) and I have published a new book, UFO-USSR. I have consulted and appeared in various American (History Channel, TLC, Discovery, Sightings, TNT, etc.) as well as European and Japanese TV programs. I have done numerous radio interviews, mainly in the United States.

Here are some subjects I research and publish my articles about:

Soviet and Russian military research of paranormal phenomena KGB and paranormal phenomena Underwater unidentified phenomena (USO)
Secrets of Soviet space program
Mysteries of ancient history (Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Mongol Empire, Siberia, China)
Time Travel experiments in Russia
Ghost trains of Eurasia
Soviet mind control programs, ESP, and famous psychics
UFO phenomenon in Russia, Ukraine, the Baltics, and China
Anomalous zones in Eurasia
Russian cryptozoology
Lost treasures of Eurasia

My email address is: rurcla@hotmail.com

James Cook - Technology Writer Who Apparently Found A MI6 Secret Phone Network
http://jamesliamcook.com/

- Wrote two of the trippiest articles about stumbling across spy phone numbers that never got any follow up or mention anywhere else

http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/features/report/4903/we-called-a-secret-mi6-phone-number/
http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/features/report/4947/did-we-take-out-mi6s-secret-line/
http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1305496

I have a bunch more ideas but I'll leave it there for now. I really want to hear more about Numbers Station, Spy Stuff, Dark Web, Whistle Blowers and all that goodness.

Dr. Katherine Albricht - Technology and Privacy Expert
http://www.katherinealbrecht.com/

- Former C2C Guest
- Absolutely scared the bejeezus out of me about Windows 10
- Here's an interview she did on Windows 10 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=10&v=GLiozMpqV80

Juan Cena

The perfect guest for Art would be Neil Gaiman. Given, Art's interest in dreams, the creator of Dream of the Endless, should have happened a long time ago.

On a related front:

Alan Moore, creator of Watchmen and V for Vendetta.

Uncle Duke

I'm a UFO hardware guy, so in addition to Stonehill and Campbell already recommended, I'd suggest Col John Alexander, Nick Pope, Bruce Maccabee, any of the Rendelsham Forest witnesses, and especially Brit ufologist Phillip Mantle.  Mantle is the guy who both broke the story of the "Alien Autopsy" film in the 90s, then eventually put together the story on how the whole thing was hoaxed.  Mantle comes off a bit John Cleese-ish, he and Art would play off one another perfectly.  Also, given Art's new found popularity in Australia, I'd like to hear interviews with some of the leading ufologists in Oz.

Also have three novelists I'd recommend, each one specializes in areas that would fit well with Art/MITD:

1) Taylor Anderson--Anderson is the author of a series called "Destroyermen", the story of a WWII US four-stacker destroyer and her crew that gets caught in some sort of portal and is taken into a primative parallel universe where their firepower puts them in a position to help the good guys fight the bad guys (a nasty lot, vicious lizards).  This series would be a cross between sci fi and fantasy, but I'm very impressed with the techncial accuracy with which Anderson writes.

2) Harry Turtledove--Turtledove does a lot of books on alternative history with just enough time travel, aliens, and multi-dimension aspects to make them interesting.  MY two favorite are "Guns of the South" (racist South Africans go back in time to change the outcome of the American Civil War) and a series called "Worldwar" (aliens attack Earth just as WWII is truly becoming a world war, forcing the warring powers to throw in together to repel the alien invaders).  I've heard Turtledove is a bit eccentric, perfect for Art's unique interviewing skills.

3) Steve Berry--NYT bestselling author, writes novels that seek to explore/explain some of the great mysteries of our times.   Topics he's taken on include the Amber Room, Fatima, Knights Templar, Atlantis etc.  Berry is the best historical novelist I've read since Leon Uris, although Berry does tend to allow his own (liberal) political views to drive his stories at times.  I may not agree much with the somewhat preachy endings of some of the books, but he can flat out write yet still pays strict attention to the historical accuracy of what's going on around each book's plot.  At the end of each book, he goes into non-fiction detail about what/who in the book are 100% accurate in history, what's speculation based on factual information, and what's artistic licence.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 22, 2015, 11:39:37 PM
I'm a UFO hardware guy, so in addition to Stonehill and Campbell already recommended, I'd suggest Col John Alexander, Nick Pope, Bruce Maccabee, any of the Rendelsham Forest witnesses, and especially Brit ufologist Phillip Mantle.  Mantle is the guy who both broke the story of the "Alien Autopsy" film in the 90s, then eventually put together the story on how the whole thing was hoaxed.  Mantle comes off a bit John Cleese-ish, he and Art would play off one another perfectly.  Also, given Art's new found popularity in Australia, I'd like to hear interviews with some of the leading ufologists in Oz.

Also have three novelists I'd recommend, each one specializes in areas that would fit well with Art/MITD:

1) Taylor Anderson--Anderson is the author of a series called "Destroyermen", the story of a WWII US four-stacker destroyer and her crew that gets caught in some sort of portal and is taken into a primative parallel universe where their firepower puts them in a position to help the good guys fight the bad guys (a nasty lot, vicious lizards).  This series would be a cross between sci fi and fantasy, but I'm very impressed with the techncial accuracy with which Anderson writes.

2) Harry Turtledove--Turtledove does a lot of books on alternative history with just enough time travel, aliens, and multi-dimension aspects to make them interesting.  MY two favorite are "Guns of the South" (racist South Africans go back in time to change the outcome of the American Civil War) and a series called "Worldwar" (aliens attack Earth just as WWII is truly becoming a world war, forcing the warring powers to throw in together to repel the alien invaders).  I've heard Turtledove is a bit eccentric, perfect for Art's unique interviewing skills.

3) Steve Berry--NYT bestselling author, writes novels that seek to explore/explain some of the great mysteries of our times.   Topics he's taken on include the Amber Room, Fatima, Knights Templar, Atlantis etc.  Berry is the best historical novelist I've read since Leon Uris, although Berry does tend to allow his own (liberal) political views to drive his stories at times.  I may not agree much with the somewhat preachy endings of some of the books, but he can flat out write yet still pays strict attention to the historical accuracy of what's going on around each book's plot.  At the end of each book, he goes into non-fiction detail about what/who in the book are 100% accurate in history, what's speculation based on factual information, and what's artistic licence.
Good ones. I hope producer [Redacted] looks at the other threads (suggestions for Art Guest, suggestions for C2C) and maybe those will be merged here by MV, because really all, or most, of those where for Art's new show not what C2C is now.
So I won't repeat any of my old ones, but a new one on the whole "WWII Japanese" stuff. So much, and good stuff, involves the NAZI hordes but the Pacific Theater and the gold/art stuff and legends should be a show. They ransacked and seized a larger area than the Germans and lots of interesting stories, supposed deposits and stealing of gold etc, funding for various regimes later, etc. In the same vein, the awful stuff they did, and we also sometimes did unfortunately, in that war. The Pacific theater was hardly pacific and we don't hear much about it. With the current tensions it might be a good idea to revisit the history?

Echo

I don't see any reason for Edward Snowden to waste his time on a show like MiTD. Art is about entertainment, not exposing the truth or discussing government corruption. Art still believes 9/11 official story. He doesn't speak out about all the government spying or even about TPP that i have heard.     

You should make a list of charlatans, those are the people Art loves to have on.

Quote from: albrecht on August 22, 2015, 11:59:05 PM

So I won't repeat any of my old ones, but a new one on the whole "WWII Japanese" stuff. So much, and good stuff, involves the NAZI hordes but the Pacific Theater and the gold/art stuff and legends should be a show. They ransacked and seized a larger area than the Germans and lots of interesting stories, supposed deposits and stealing of gold etc, funding for various regimes later, etc. In the same vein, the awful stuff they did, and we also sometimes did unfortunately, in that war. The Pacific theater was hardly pacific and we don't hear much about it.

Supposedly this was the cause of the Vietnam War-the CIA got a hold of some of the Japanese Gold ("The Golden Lily") and was using it to buy influence in SE Asia and fuel the opium trade.

http://www.rense.com/general49/sece.htm

Chronaut

Quote from: Echo on August 23, 2015, 02:00:16 AM
I don't see any reason for Edward Snowden to waste his time on a show like MiTD. Art is about entertainment, not exposing the truth or discussing government corruption. Art still believes 9/11 official story. He doesn't speak out about all the government spying or even about TPP that i have heard.     

You should make a list of charlatans, those are the people Art loves to have on.
Ouch!  Believe me when I tell you that a wave of agony befalls me when quacker-jacks like Basiago and Sereda get hours of broadcast time to shill their wares.  But Art has also conducted some of the best interviews in broadcast history with some of the keenest and most pioneering minds in the world:  Sean Carroll, Brian Greene, Terrence and Dennis McKenna, Gordon Cooper, Barry Taff, Ingo Swann, Edgar Mitchell, Michio Kaku, Bart Kosko, Rupert Sheldrake, David Darling, Lisa Randall and Lawrence Krauss, just to name a few.  Where else do we ever get to hear these kinds of dazzling minds speak in depth? â€" nowhere.  And nobody interviews such a compelling and diverse breadth of brilliant guests better than Art Bell â€" there isn’t even anyone else in his league.

What I’m hoping we’ll see now is an evolution from the 90’s era where there was an “anything goes” mentality, to the new millennium where a healthy dose of skepticism has risen within the paranormal research community (driven in large part by the access to substantial information afforded by the internet age), so the hucksters get sidelined in favor of real geniuses doing real work that sheds new light on genuinely meaningful and compelling subjects.  That’s where Midnight in the Desert can set a new and higher standard that leaves C2C with all of the worthless “woo” to fade into irrelevance.

He’s been back for a month â€" let’s take a breath and give him time to get around to all of our favorite niches.  He’s plumbed topics from the rigged banking system and “economic Armageddon” (in a pre-2008 interview that sounds eerily prescient when heard today) to the rise of the national surveillance state (also many years ahead of Snowden’s damning revelations) â€" so I have no doubt that he’ll dig into topics like the rise of the global corporate oligarchy and the erosion of the Constitution via the Patriot Act etc.  But since â€"nobody- seems to have an evidentiary case about 9/11 being a false flag operation (other than the unlikely collapse of WTC Building #7, which I haven’t studied frankly), it would seem that no truly credible guest can be found on the subject.  Perhaps you could offer a guest suggestion on that topic â€" that’s what this thread is here for after all.

I think we’re just getting warmed up.  So instead of succumbing to cynicism, let’s try to help steer the show in powerful and compelling new directions that rise above mere entertainment, to instead become a genuine cultural zeitgeist where skeptics and fringe investigators can finally meet, synergize, and scare the bejeezus out of the public and private overlords who would have us all live like blind and ignorant slaves while they shape the world to suit their selfish and greedy ambitions.

michio

Suggested guests for MitD to follow....

Richard Alley: "Richard Blane Alley is an American geologist and Evan Pugh Professor of Geosciences at Pennsylvania State University." Expert in climate change of the past and its causes. I like this guy because he's sharp as a tack and very knowledgeable on whether what we're experiencing is a natural cycle or a forced kind of climate change. Some of what he proposes as the ancient climate and what Art/Whitley wrote in 'The Coming Global Superstorm' may not be as science fiction as once thought. Given certain conditions the Earth's climate system can be a precarious thing, meaning it's not as unshakably stable and slow to change as we'd like to believe. Are we there yet?

Michael Mann: "Michael E. Mann is an American climatologist and geophysicist, currently director of the Earth System Science Center at Pennsylvania State University, who has contributed to the scientific understanding." He's the "Mann" at the center of the global warming and hockey stick "debate." He's practically guaranteed to stir up a hornets nest of GW "skeptics." Bring it.

Lisa Randall (previously mentioned): "Lisa Randall is an American theoretical physicist and leading expert on particle physics and cosmology. She is the Frank B. Baird, Jr. Professor of Science on the physics faculty of Harvard University." Art's interviewed her before. Smart cookie. I'd love to hear her back on with Art branestorming about what may have caused the Big Bang and other cosmic mysteries.

Max Tegmark: "Max Erik Tegmark is a Swedish-American cosmologist. Tegmark is a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the scientific director of the Foundational Questions Institute. He is also a co-founder of the Future of Life Institute, and has accepted donations from Elon Musk to investigate the risk of artificial intelligence." I've watched this guy on space-based TV programming from time to time, but rarely have heard him on radio shows.  Would love to hear him talk about cosmology and if Musk's fears of a superior runaway AI are are inevitable or preventable.

Brian Greene (previously mentioned): "Brian Randolph Greene is an American theoretical physicist and string theorist. He has been a professor at Columbia University since 1996 and chairman of the World Science Festival since co-founding it in 2008."  A very smooth and intelligent guy who wrote 'The Elegant Universe' book and starred in the PBS series.  Always a great guest.

Lawrence Krauss (previously mentioned): "Lawrence Maxwell Krauss is an American theoretical physicist and cosmologist who is Foundation Professor of the School of Earth and Space Exploration at Arizona State University and director of its Origins Proj." I really, really would like Art to interview this guy.  Yes, he's the 'universe from nothing' dude, and yeah, he's an atheist who doesn't see a need for a universe from something, even though the universe of nothing is still coming from something. Errr, you know what I mean. I hope.

That's enough for now. I thank you for reading.

henge0stone

Josh Gates

Crypto hunter from Destination truth. He's traveled all over the world looking for monsters. Would be interesting to hear about his travels and the monsters he searched for.

Auslandia

How about that nutter David Childress?  He'd generate all kinds of hate threads.  Or haircut king Giorgio Tsukalos?

Find Thunder Strikes to talk about shadow people. 

Lastly, I'd like to to hear more from the guy who claims he lived on Mars for 17 years then had his body transferred to a younger one.  Colonel Kaye i think. He sounded like a relatively batshit crazy dumb ass on the level of the flat earth ass hat.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Auslandia on August 23, 2015, 10:34:20 AM
Find Thunder Strikes to talk about shadow people. 

He was really interesting, way better than Heidi Hollis on shadow people. Unfortunately, he's passed away. His real name was Harley SwiftDeer Reagan. "In 1992, Harley SwiftDeer Reagan was seated and sealed as a Twisted Hairs Elder on the Tribal Council. His Elder's Name is Thunder Strikes."
http://www.harley-swiftdeer-reagan.com/

Harley SwiftDeer Reagan - In Memoriam
http://www.dtmms.org/?page=SwiftDeer

inuk2600

Quote from: Auslandia on August 23, 2015, 10:34:20 AM
How about that nutter David Childress?  He'd generate all kinds of hate threads.  Or haircut king Giorgio Tsukalos?

David Childress should be banned based on the WAY he talks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCH8a8Ehqc

Auslandia

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on August 23, 2015, 10:46:59 AM
He was really interesting, way better than Heidi Hollis on shadow people. Unfortunately, he's passed away. His real name was Harley SwiftDeer Reagan. "In 1992, Harley SwiftDeer Reagan was seated and sealed as a Twisted Hairs Elder on the Tribal Council. His Elder's Name is Thunder Strikes."
http://www.harley-swiftdeer-reagan.com/

Harley SwiftDeer Reagan - In Memoriam
http://www.dtmms.org/?page=SwiftDeer
[/quote

Sorry to hear that.  He was a good guy

starrmtn001

Quote from: Chronaut on August 22, 2015, 06:47:44 PM
My pleasure (Redacted) â€" I’m delighted to hear from the mysterious producer of Art’s new show =)
What a kind post â€" thank you chefist! =)  I look forward to seeing your suggestions â€" there are so many fascinating people out there and Art’s show is the only venue for so many of them to share their work and ideas in depth.  I’m crushed that the mysterious old genius Boyd Bushman died last year â€" we needed Art’s unique interviewing prowess to delve into that man’s myriad secrets, and pry beneath his well-rehearsed cover stories.  It keeps me up at night, wondering what may have come to light if Art had grappled with him for a few hours…Boyd was the only true scientific genius from the heart of America’s military special access programs to ever speak to the public about his work (and he lost his special access clearance after talking with Nick Cook for only a few minutes of Cook’s Billion Dollar Secret documentary).

Let’s make sure that such a ripe opportunity to peek beneath the veil of secret research programs never slips by us again!
I enjoyed Gregg Braden’s wild ideas about an ancient mystical science that could alter human DNA, but I dunno if his ideas have anything resembling scientific credibility…he says a lot of very “New Agey” stuff.  Have you delved into his material?  Does it seem to hold up under scrutiny?  After hearing David Sereda talk a bunch of gibberish last week I’m reluctant to embrace any more woo-ific guests…
Brad does have a great deal of knowledge on these subjects; I’d like to hear what he has to say.  But honestly he could be pretty arrogant and mean â€" I’ve listened to some of his shows when he was doing The Paracast and thinking “What a jerk â€" I would never do an interview with that guy!”

But maybe it was just a difficult time in his life â€" I guess we all get kinda prickly from time to time.  I am intrigued to hear what he’s found out about secret societies and government conspiracies…we really need to dig deep into those areas.  I think he pushes way too hard on his bias against the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis though - but that's becoming a big fad in this community.  And I'm willing to entertain other explanations, but "it's something/anything else" isn't an alternative theory, it's an anti-theory...and that's not very helpful.  Which is probably why Jacques Vallee sorta fell out of favor.
Chronaut.
Your grandiose eloquence is nothing short of long winded (you could easily hold a "free dive" record if you participated in such sports).
You are, no doubt, highly educated.  Perhaps you are a professor, a lawyer, a statesman, or an author of non-fiction publications.

But I must tell you, you seem more interesting in critiquing our recommended guests whose interests you do not seem to share with some of us.  You want to discredit the posts that recommend guest whom, in YOUR OPINION, do not qualify as credible.

Please do not misunderstand me.  Of course, you are free to express your opinion here.  You opinion is just as valuable as every opinion in this thread.  However, you express your opinion as the only valid opinion that is posted.

If I am correct, then your title is a misnomer.    Perhaps you should retitle your thread as  "Midnight in the Desert Guest Recommendations, and why I think some recommendations are not viable."

This is only a recommendation Chronaut.  You are free to follow it, or ignore it at your pleasure.  Thank you. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 23, 2015, 02:15:04 AM
Supposedly this was the cause of the Vietnam War-the CIA got a hold of some of the Japanese Gold ("The Golden Lily") and was using it to buy influence in SE Asia and fuel the opium trade.

http://www.rense.com/general49/sece.htm
Yes, thanks. Sterling Seagrave would be an interesting guest to talk about the gold and also the opium/heroin trade etc. Charlie from Thailand could call in. And Art having lived in, marriage, and interest in the Philippians might have interesting questions with regard to the governments/history there.

smitty9999

Quote from: henge0stone on August 23, 2015, 07:56:13 AM
Josh Gates

Crypto hunter from Destination truth. He's traveled all over the world looking for monsters. Would be interesting to hear about his travels and the monsters he searched for.

Loren Coleman from Cryptomundo would be nice to hear again.

Chronaut

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 23, 2015, 03:51:53 PM
However, you express your opinion as the only valid opinion that is posted.

If I am correct, then your title is a misnomer.    Perhaps you should retitle your thread as  "Midnight in the Desert Guest Recommendations, and why I think some recommendations are not viable."

This is only a recommendation Chronaut.  You are free to follow it, or ignore it at your pleasure.  Thank you. ;)

Well, as I said in the opening post starrmtn001:

Quote from: Chronaut on August 22, 2015, 05:29:02 PM
I thought it would be fun and productive to collect our guest recommendations in a dedicated thread, so we can not only share our guest ideas, but also have some discussion of them.  My hope is that some open discussion will help us gauge the interest of Art’s listeners regarding various guest ideas, and flush out con artists who only want to exploit the show for personal profit.

Because I think it's helpful for members to discuss the pros and cons of various guest recommendations, as they perceive them, so our recommendations are enriched by the broader context of differing and/or complimentary viewpoints.

I'm sorry that you don't seem to welcome that feedback, or perhaps simply my allegiance to my own opinions - but I nevertheless encourage you and other members to critique my recommendations, and those of one another.  I think that some constructive debate is both healthy and productive, and will help to establish a sense of consensus that (Redacted) may find to be quite useful.