• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150817 - Joe Rogan - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 17, 2015, 09:35:06 PM

Xitheron

Quote from: kingotnw on August 17, 2015, 11:04:46 PM
There are some people here that will never accept people like him. I run into the same thing because I'm a professional rock musician, like to take care of my appearance, and dress the part. Some people will never do anything but look down their nose at me when they see me in that context. I will say though, that it is decreasing as time goes on.

The sad thing is those same people don't realize that you NEED to speak informally to reach a large percentage of people.

I can relate to this myself. Always been a full time musician since I got out of a couple years of college. I stand out like a sore thumb at my 7 year old daughters parent teacher meetings and any school functions. It's kind of comical 8)

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 17, 2015, 11:07:45 PM
I spent (still do) lots of time there, have yet to take up residence. Maybe next year.
Where abouts bro, I was born and raised in Brooklyn as well as worked there until I retired from the NYPD and moved south.

Auslandia

zeebo

This guy sounds really familiar.  Is he the guy who believes in special biblical musical tones?  I can't keep them straight.

In any case, this dude does not sound like a dudebro.

coaster

Did he say Einstein was self taught? He might want to look up Zurich Polytechnic.

KMKMKM

1.67 Million followers, should be great publicity for MITD

AppealPlay

Quote from: zeebo on August 17, 2015, 11:12:17 PM
This guy sounds really familiar.  Is he the guy who believes in special biblical musical tones?  I can't keep them straight.

In any case, this dude does not sound like a dudebro.

Oh, wow, I forgot about that nut.  His name escapes me at the moment but he was a dentist who believed AIDS was manufactured by "them", right?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 17, 2015, 11:10:45 PM
Where abouts bro, I was born and raised in Brooklyn as well as worked there until I retired from the NYPD and moved south.
I sleep around. Lived in Bucks County, PA for a couple of years. My hangout base In the city was lower east side rent control district with the common folks.

Jocko Johnson

Big E was self educated?  Didn't he graduate at some polytechnic institute somewhere in Europe???

SciFiAuthor

Trouble is spooky action at a distance can't convey information by it's very nature.

AppealPlay

Quote from: KMKMKM on August 17, 2015, 11:13:05 PM

1.67 Million followers, should be great publicity for MITD

I hope he Tweets a link to artbell.com

zeebo

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 17, 2015, 11:13:34 PM
Oh, wow, I forgot about that nut.  His name escapes me at the moment but he was a dentist who believed AIDS was manufactured by "them", right?

I don't remember but would guess it's at least a 50/50 chance.   ::)

WOTR

Quote from: Lochness_Hamster on August 17, 2015, 11:07:57 PM
Joe just posted this on Twitter

joerogan -

I've been a huge fan of Art Bell since the 90's when I used to listen to his show on AM radio while driving home from @thecomedystore. Doing his show tonight was a real treat and an honor for me. I even got nervous before we went live on the air, which was cool and a little unexpected. It was a real pleasure talking to him. I consider him one of the all time great radio personalities, so tonight was a real bucket list moment for me!
Wow, considering how many followers he must have that should be a major boost for MITD.  Nice (and it seemed sincere...)

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 17, 2015, 11:13:47 PM
I sleep around. Lived in Bucks County, PA for a couple of years. My hangout base In the city was lower east side rent control district with the common folks.
Like alphabet city lower east side or Styvestant area? Do Katz's down there? I'll hit you up on a pm, thought you were a callie guy.

AppealPlay

Quote from: zeebo on August 17, 2015, 11:15:08 PM
I don't remember but would guess it's at least a 50/50 chance.   ::)

Leonard Horowitz is the name of the guy I thought of.

Quick Karl

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 17, 2015, 11:07:45 PM
I spent (still do) lots of time there, have yet to take up residence. Maybe next year.

I lived on W19th street between 10th and 11th Ave when I was a kid. Lots of things I miss about NYC but I could never go back.

popple

Quote from: Bellathor on August 17, 2015, 11:06:01 PM
Wow, his parents really DID drop him on his head.

I appreciate his honestly.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 17, 2015, 11:13:51 PM
Big E was self educated?  Didn't he graduate at some polytechnic institute somewhere in Europe???
Thx coaster. I was just asking that.  Gotta call bs on that, is this guy kidding?

trostol

i wonder if radio signals are the right thing to look for..

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 17, 2015, 11:15:56 PM
Like alphabet city lower east side or Styvestant area? Do Katz's down there? I'll hit you up on a pm, thought you were a callie guy.
Yeah, definitely alphabet. Had a friend ran a bookstore on st marks and A I think. I ate at Lombardi's recently but have yet to go to Katz's, but I was a veggie only dude for 35 years. I'll be back for Pastrami soon.

Quick Karl

Fuck dude are you stalking me? I used to work in Plumsteadville, PA - the heart of Bucks County!

coaster

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 17, 2015, 11:19:00 PM
Thx coaster. I was just asking that.  Gotta call bs on that, is this guy kidding?
I am hoping someone at least wormholes Art about it. I'd do it, but this tablet is impossible to work with.