• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150814 - Andrew D. Basiago, Time Travel - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 14, 2015, 08:06:36 PM

KMKMKM

Quote from: Remley on August 17, 2015, 12:41:54 PM
Is this correct?   I missed the live show and haven't listened to the download yet, but if they are editing and "redacting" the show I think it is very unfortunate.

I know people on here worship Art and think he does no wrong, but I really hope he isn't doing what is described here.  That's just wrong and very insulting to the supporters / subscribers.  The download needs to be the entire show as it happened, no selective deletions.

"Redacted", can you address this please.

Was just a 20 second mention from a wormhole message, Art didn't remember if he talked about it in his book or not(he did).  I guess it's possible that art read the message over bumper music, which needs to be left out of the Podcast; or else they left it out because it wasn't fact checked?  Who knows.

henge0stone

Quote from: KMKMKM on August 17, 2015, 01:14:23 PM
Was just a 20 second mention from a wormhole message, Art didn't remember if he talked about it in his book or not(he did).  I guess it's possible that art read the message over bumper music, which needs to be left out of the Podcast; or else they left it out because it wasn't fact checked?  Who knows.

I think it was during one of those bumper music intervals where art talks very briefly, a we'll be right back message between the commercials. They might cut these out automatically because they have so much bumper music playing between a small amount of dialogue.

Desmond

Quote from: henge0stone on August 17, 2015, 01:47:12 PM
I think it was during one of those bumper music intervals where art talks very briefly, a we'll be right back message between the commercials. They might cut these out automatically because they have so much bumper music playing between a small amount of dialogue.

They've had two years to prep this and are putting out a very amateurish production... I expect a more professional product.   The fact that a podcast can start in mid sentence (because they edit out music) is ridiculous.  All it would take is  a separate dub of Art's microphone.  They're either too lazy or too indifferent to provide the paying supporters a quality, professional archive.  Disappointing. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: Remley on August 17, 2015, 03:14:33 PM
They've had two years to prep this and are putting out a very amateurish production... I expect a more professional product.   The fact that a podcast can start in mid sentence (because they edit out music) is ridiculous.  All it would take is  a separate dub of Art's microphone.  They're either too lazy or too indifferent to provide the paying supporters a quality, professional archive.  Disappointing.

Quote from: Remley on September 26, 2014, 09:17:43 PM
Geez I hate to hear people whine. 

Desmond

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 17, 2015, 03:32:26 PM

Cute, but doesn't apply here.

It's not a whine to expect to be able to hear the entire show from start to finish.  If anyone else put out such a sloppy product there would be more complaints.  It's not unreasonable to pay for a product and expect to receive the full product, as it is now, the random air listener or pirate downloader of taped shows gets a better product than the paying subscribers.

What is unreasonable about expecting to hear all show audio when subscribing?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Remley on August 17, 2015, 03:43:16 PM
Cute, but doesn't apply here.

What is unreasonable about expecting to hear all show audio when subscribing?
Nothing really, just that I'm far more attracted to cuteness than reasonability. Yes, I'm divorced.