• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Evelyn "the witch" Paglini

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, November 16, 2008, 07:53:28 PM

Do you think Evelyn Paglini is...

A self-absorbed fake moron
34 (31.8%)
Somewhat interesting, but generally annoying and totally fake.
18 (16.8%)
Truly interesting, but probably fake.
23 (21.5%)
She isn't fake. She's for real, and a good guest!
21 (19.6%)
A demonic witch. Don't listen to her shows or you might turn into a gremlin.
11 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 106

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on May 02, 2014, 06:18:55 PM
Gesturer.
Semantics.  Semaaaantics.  If you say that with a Truman Capote lisp and emphasis, it just sounds so dirty.

b_dubb

Quote from: bigchucka on May 02, 2014, 03:48:13 AM
I'm thinking she told the parents of one of the three women who were kidnapped and held in that guy's home in Cleveland that their daughter was dead.  On Montel Williams.  Yeah. Amanda Berry. Just went and looked it up.  I'd call that a BONK!
Sylvia Brown? Or Evelyn P?

Jackstar

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 02, 2014, 07:14:02 PM
Semantics.  Semaaaantics.  If you say that with a Truman Capote lisp and emphasis, it just sounds so dirty.

bigchucka

Quote from: b_dubb on May 02, 2014, 07:42:15 PM
Sylvia Brown? Or Evelyn P?

That would be Browne that went on Montel Williams.  I'm thinking at one point it was once a week.  Mom used to love watching those shows....

Don't get me wrong.  Both did private "consultations".  Evelyn's rates were in the low hundreds.  But Sylvia Brown definitely advertised and got around more.

yumyumtree

I think that Browne had another thing like that happen with Shawn Hornbeck, another missing kid.

There was actually a whole website, called Stop Sylvia Browne, devoted to her career lowlights.

And my ex boyfriend, who drove a limo, drive her once and said she was a bitch. Probably didnt tip well, either.

TheSheriff

Browne was a fraud just like all the other so called psychics, making money off of the back of people's grief and desperation.

She was making over $3m a year from books and providing visions, she told a mother in the early 2000s that her kidnapped child had been killed only for them to turn up alive years later...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4317470/

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on May 02, 2014, 08:14:05 PM

Oh.  THAT'S a good one!  *said with the Scorpio killer delivery fm Dirty Harry*

Jackstar

A jester gestures in Xest.

*makes totally not-vague, all-encompassing hand-wanking gestures*

bigchucka

Quote from: Jackstar on May 02, 2014, 08:14:05 PM

I thought that fucking looked familiar.... you play or just went photo looking and found a good one?

[attachimg=1]

For the holiday tomorrow, ya could mix it up a little and use...

[attachimg=2]

Jackstar

Used to play. Used to alpha test. It was a simpler, grander time.

bigchucka

Quote from: Jackstar on May 03, 2014, 11:21:24 PM
Used to play. Used to alpha test. It was a simpler, grander time.

You aware that if you have some of those cards they might be worth quite a bit?  I don't know about nowadays, but seen an article years ago where a Richard Garfield- signed Black Lotus was sold for a small fortune.  The absolute rarest one you can't even find out what it looks like.  Richard Garfield gave it to his wife when he proposed to her.  I'm thinking nine or so are in existence, everyone who has it was asked not to ever publicly release it, and one copy was stolen at one time.

Jackstar

Quote from: bigchucka on May 03, 2014, 11:40:29 PM
The absolute rarest one you can't even find out what it looks like.
Do not ever tell me that there is no way.

Quote from: bigchucka on May 03, 2014, 11:40:29 PM
Richard Garfield gave it to his wife when he proposed to her.
I have seen the actual card. I wasn't allowed to touch it, however.

I was born in Seattle.

bigchucka

Quote from: Jackstar on May 04, 2014, 12:00:09 AM
Do not ever tell me that there is no way.

I have seen the actual card. I wasn't allowed to touch it, however.

I was born in Seattle.

The info I was going off of was an article I read years ago, so that's what I was going off of.  Was looking it up when I clicked back here and seen ya replied.  At least now I can stop looking for more info.  I'm guessing after the theft the policy changed?  Not surprised at all you couldn't hold it.  I guess another rare one is called 1996 World Champion.  Was able to find someone else who read the article about the Grade 10 R.G. signed Lotus.. someone paid a million for it.

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/rarities-garfield.html

bigchucka

Now that one's fuckin funny....

[attachimg=1]

Jackstar

I'm unaware of any theft--unless you're referring to the Fallen Empires debacle.

bigchucka

Quote from: Jackstar on May 04, 2014, 01:44:26 AM
I'm unaware of any theft--unless you're referring to the Fallen Empires debacle.

One of the advantages of being the creator of Magic: the Gathering is that you get to make your own cards. Richard Garfield has used this privilege thrice, celebrating different aspects of his life.

Proposal is not a real card but a color copy sticker glued to a basic land. It was created to be given to Garfield's girlfriend Lily Wu to propose marriage during a game of Magic. The legend goes that it took four games for Richard to draw the card, but when he finally played it, she accepted.

There are 9 Proposal cards in existence. One of them was given to Quinton Hoover, creator of the artwork and one of Lily Wu's favored artists, but was stolen off the table at a convention in Tokyo in 1999 and never reappeared. Another copy was handed to Dave Howell, at that time production manager of Wizards of the Coast and technical creator of the card. The other cards were given to members of the Garfield family and are kept in privacy, as Richard Garfield does not want images of this card to appear in public.

Splendid Genesis and Fraternal Exaltation were created to commemorate the births of Richard's and Lily's children. These cards were included in the birth announcements sent to their friends. Additional copies were distributed to Wizards of the Coast employees. It is estimated that one sheet of Splendid Genesis cards and two sheets of Fraternal Exaltation cards were printed, indicating 110 copies of the former card and and 220 copies of the latter card to exist.

The first birth announcement came with a card-sized square-cornered glossy sticker of a Splendid Genesis card glued on the front.

Jackstar

Quote from: bigchucka on May 04, 2014, 02:38:37 AM
was stolen off the table at a convention in Tokyo in 1999 and never reappeared.
Oh! This was years after I cashed out, I hadn't heard. What a bummer. No surveillance cameras in Tokyo in 1999? Sure, sure, the Yakuza couldn't have been involved.

Quoteas Richard Garfield does not want images of this card to appear in public.
Yeah, well, fuck that guy. I did not want Chronicles to be printed. I am not taking back my earlier image post.

FallenSeraph

Just in case anyone's interested, some of Evelyn Paglini's estate is up for sale on eBay here.

They're putting stuff up in groups every few days.

Possibly the coolest thing is this "Haunting Crystal Ball w/ Spirit from Dr. Evelyn Paglini's Private Collection jin":

[attachimg=1]

Part of the description:
“LOOK CLOSELY AT THE IMAGE OF THIS ITEM! IT IS NOT ALTERED OR PHOTOSHOPPED! WHAT DO YOU SEE!?!”

Damn, I hate being broke.

b_dubb

I totally need that scrying ring. Might fit my pinky

bigchucka

Never did find an obituary for her.  Maybe I should go looking again...

maureen

it's one of my story-telling "hooks": I hold a clear marble to the light and gaze with wonder and excitement while the kids gather around.  When they say that it is just a marble, I tell them it is actually a story that a witch had trapped in the marble and that the spell would be broken if the story were told.  Then, I tell them the story and give them all a clear marble of their own. 

Have fun!!

FallenSeraph

I bid on and won a little brass foo dog of hers for $6. Not much competition for it, actually. Poor Evelyn.

Foo dogs are cool, I always liked Evelyn and $6 is somewhat painless so, all in all, a pretty good deal. RIP, Evelyn. It was sad not hearing you behind a "mystery door" on George's birthday. I think she was always one of those guests who called in for stuff like that. Art always seemed to like her, too.

I've looked and looked for an obit and haven't been able to find one. "Evelyn Paglini" was most likely a stage name. Either that or she faked her death just to get out of a bunch of business deals and sell her stuff. For a while after she died there were a ton of people on her FB page stressing about their orders for spells or consultations and how they were gonna get their money back, etc. It was kind of sad in more ways than one.

Maybe she didn't have any family to submit an obit.  :(

paladin1991

Quote from: bigchucka on June 20, 2014, 09:58:32 PM
Never did find an obituary for her.  Maybe I should go looking again...
The body disappeared.  Maybe into a portal?

henge0stone

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 16, 2008, 07:53:28 PM
I fucking hate Evelyn Paglini's shows. No offense to pagans or wiccans or whatever but I think all this incense burning magic candle protection bullshit is absolutely retarded. Plus I really hate her voice. I know that's low and aesthetic. but I just can't stand it. Why did Art even bother to have this woman on? Her solution to everything involves god damn candles and oils. *slams head into wall*  >:(

Gotta agree she sucks. Sounds like she's 100 years old and smokes when she was 40. She just sells her wicca bullcrap. Also she said Father Martin could only exercise catholic people when Martin has said over and over that he has exercised all sorts of religions. I think Fr. Martin has way more spirituality and credibility than this crappy wiccan selling her candles and crap. Anyone who is so into themselves that they call themself a 'spiritual warrior' needs a reality check. At least fr. Martin is polite and humble not going on the air bragging about all the spiritual power he has.