• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150731 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 31, 2015, 11:07:31 AM

Dixon Bawls

Quote from: Fields_of_Tron on July 31, 2015, 10:36:54 PM
He is to real!

But seriously, go along with the fun bro.   It's just an unwritten rule that we all know in reality JC is a character, but it's one of those things that we suspend belief for out of respect.  Don't be a Debbie fucking downer.

It's all in the name of fun.

Kayfabe.

Lilith

KMKMKM

Spinner

ART WILL, ART WILL ROCK YOU!

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on July 31, 2015, 10:36:57 PM
i want Art's clock
Oh, yeah.  I think I found the source on the net but they ain't cheap.  Damn cool, though.

trostol

Quote from: ItsOver on July 31, 2015, 10:38:53 PM
Oh, yeah.  I think I found the source on the net but they ain't cheap.  Damn cool, though.

where?

I say this every time Art gets on periscope but it's really impressive how much he's gotten his health together. He looks really healthy and good.

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on July 31, 2015, 10:39:19 PM
where?
Let me dig around around and I'll see if I can find it again.  Of all places, it was somewhere in Kansas.

Quote from: Dixon Bawls on July 31, 2015, 10:38:22 PM
Kayfabe.

How dare you challenge me with a word that's not in my vocabulary.

*googling*

Herbn-Legend

1 day we will b able to pass the doobie in chat😯💨💨

Xitheron

Periscope most likely.. shouldn't have the long delay

zeebo

Quote from: Spinner on July 31, 2015, 10:38:48 PM

The dude is rockin' the night!  Again!

Weirdoradio

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 31, 2015, 10:40:09 PM
I say this every time Art gets on periscope but it's really impressive how much he's gotten his health together. He looks really healthy and good.

I never thought watching an older fellow sitting in front of his computer would be so riveting but... Here we are. I do agree that Art looks hella good!

Modernity is so weird.

Kendall

One of the things I like about Art is that he has the natural ability to make every show feel like an event. This is also one of the things that separates Art from George. Art is an innovator. The original. Art is not just a broadcaster. He knows how to get your attention and HOLD your attention. George is just a journalist, and that's being generous and kind. Not everyone can handle this genre of radio effectively. There's something special about open lines, yet Art can raise open lines to a whole new level that is WAY above George's head. As always, BRAVO, Art!!! Excellent show tonight!

dbankjr

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on July 31, 2015, 10:41:50 PM
1 day we will b able to pass the doobie in chat😯💨💨
That would be so sweet...and we need to bring back the word doobie

weeberwubber

He moves around in that chair quite a bit doesn't he! Imagine the noises if that was Hoagie. :)

Uncle Duke

Art's at his best with open lines.

I'm skeptical about the caller from Oz and the Pine Gap story as related, but there are some good UFO sightings in Oz associated with US bases there, including Pine Gap and USN NAVCOMSTA.  I worked with some really good Aussie UFO investigators in Victoria, they'd be great guests for Art, far better than a couple of the pixie dust and moonbean types he's had on MITD so far.

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on July 31, 2015, 10:39:19 PM
where?

Here you go.  Look around on this site and you can find them.  You can pick your color.  I think I'd go with blue.

http://www.brgprecision.com/

P.S.

See if this doesn't look damn close to what Art has.

http://www.brgprecision.com/products/stand_alone_clocks/tigercircleline.php