• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Windows 10

Started by Juan, July 29, 2015, 04:22:44 PM

wr250

windows 10 enterprise creators edition :
QuoteRegardless of your privacy settings, Windows 10 Creators Update phones home"
Another research done by an independent IT security analyst shows a number of privacy issues in Windows 10. Even after you have properly configured Windows 10 Creators Update using Group Policy in the Enterprise edition, the operating system may disregard these settings and continue to utilize your bandwidth and "phone home" to send data.
http://winaero.com/blog/regardless-privacy-settings-windows-10-creators-update-phones-home/
thanks to  Mark Burnett for finding this.

note: this is the enterprise version, you know the one used by govts, military and large corporations. you are supposed to be able to control all this telemetry to the point of turning it off in the enterprise edition. the fact is that it now ignores those settings.

MrHippie

Me not smart. Me not like Windows 10

Here is where I go to get smarter
https://www.askwoody.com/

MV/Liberace!

bluetooth connectivity eats my asshole in windows 10.

coaster

Recently bought a computer and it has windows 10. It's a cluttered mess and I hate it.

Jackstar

Quote from: Σ> on June 08, 2017, 11:08:37 PM

Quote from: coaster on June 09, 2017, 11:14:53 AM
Recently bought a computer and it has windows 10. It's a cluttered mess and I hate it.

Just ignore it.

WOTR

Quote from: Σ> on June 08, 2017, 11:08:37 PM
It is exactly this kind of language and these kinds of quotes that prevent you form being carried on certain successful internet podcast stations.   :P

ziznak

I watched 8 roll out at work and then quickly 10 deployed... my biggest frustration with 10 is file associations but thats a side effect of the way the settings are laid out.  at home 10 runs fine even on an old dell e5500 I use for torrents.  add outlook and any of the major security suites and 10 sux ass

ziznak

oh I almost forgot to mention: workspace manager?  has anybody used or configured it? and what did you think?

double-poster!! bang bang!

sorry mv!!

damon

Quote from: Σ> on June 10, 2017, 12:09:50 PM
Well done, trench coat.
MV Do you like ubuntu better then windows??

wr250

Quote from: ziznak on June 10, 2017, 01:30:13 AM
I watched 8 roll out at work and then quickly 10 deployed... my biggest frustration with 10 is file associations but thats a side effect of the way the settings are laid out.  at home 10 runs fine even on an old dell e5500 I use for torrents.  add outlook and any of the major security suites and 10 sux ass

have you fed it a constant diet of :
pizza roles
turkee sammiches
and C2C with george noory ?

ziznak

and my bad in my last post i was asking bout RES ONE workspace manager... anybody have it running anywheres?

chefist

Quote from: ziznak on June 16, 2017, 08:37:27 PM
and my bad in my last post i was asking bout RES ONE workspace manager... anybody have it running anywheres?

Ha! Still love that Pizza Roll photoshop.  ;D

Jackstar

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 19, 2017, 10:11:59 PM
The irony alone is worth a laugh.

!quote 23 <Charles> Time to upgrade!!

I rally against Windows 10, but there's no reason the people here that use it should miss out.
This post is a day old already.
"   The Microsoft Ultimate Game Sale 2017 starts today (until July 10), and games are not only discounted up to 65 percent on Xbox, but also on Windows 10.   "

There's freebies here too.   ;)

https://betanews.com/2017/06/30/best-windows-10-apps-this-week-33/

CozyRozie

I don't like windows. I prefer doors. Doors are bigger and you can hide behind them.

ziznak

Quote from: wr250 on June 11, 2017, 11:01:40 AM
have you fed it a constant diet of :
pizza roles
turkee sammiches
and C2C with george noory ?
I keep my work machine jorch-free.  I hit up coast from time to time but I'm fairly noory free myself lately.  it's hard to look away from such an abundant trainwreck. 

I've found that streaming jorch on any computer results in an instant and permanent drop in performance.  Please, keep noory away from your computers.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on July 07, 2017, 08:41:13 PM
I keep my work machine jorch-free.  I hit up coast from time to time but I'm fairly noory free myself lately.  it's hard to look away from such an abundant trainwreck. 

I've found that streaming jorch on any computer results in an instant and permanent drop in performance.  Please, keep noory away from your computers.

hey, buddy.

wr250

Quote from: wr250 on May 22, 2017, 08:31:33 PM
windows 10 enterprise creators edition : http://winaero.com/blog/regardless-privacy-settings-windows-10-creators-update-phones-home/
thanks to  Mark Burnett for finding this.

note: this is the enterprise version, you know the one used by govts, military and large corporations. you are supposed to be able to control all this telemetry to the point of turning it off in the enterprise edition. the fact is that it now ignores those settings.

after installing 1703 i can confirm that windows is ignoring group policy.despite having windows update set to "notify to download" and "notify to install" , WU went ahead and started downloading updates anyways. some 3GB of updates. this would take days on the 2mb connection at work, while making our POS program impossible to use (its cloud based).

WU uses 2.1mb of that 2.0mb connection we have. i had to set the ethernet connection to "metered" and even them WU states "we will not update windows on a metered connection except updates needed to keep windows running smoothly . note this will lead me to just disable WU, as we cant afford the downtime  that WU causes when it decides to update.

thanks $micro$oft for introducing this shit that should be limited to home versions.
anything pro and above this should be subject to group policy.

Quote from: wr250 on July 24, 2017, 03:48:22 PM
note this will lead me to just disable WU

If you have a way of doing that in Win10...then dish, girlfriend.  There's about 100 million people who want to know.

wr250

Quote from: Adolph Schlongenhaler on July 24, 2017, 08:16:52 PM
If you have a way of doing that in Win10...then dish, girlfriend.  There's about 100 million people who want to know.

start menu
type services wait for services app to appear then click on it
the services control panel will open
scroll down until you find windows update
double click on windows update
under service status click stop
in the dropdown next to "startup type" select disabled
hit ok
close the services control panel.
you are done. WU will not run, and you cannot install windows updates.
/*edit*/
note windows defender wont update when you do the above . to fix that follow the guide here.

i do not recommend the above. however if your situation warrants it (like my work situation) then do it.