• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150729 - Preston Dennett - UFOs/Paranormal - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 29, 2015, 02:46:48 PM

RoseGirl

I liked this guest a lot. I have been saying and writing about this stuff for years. Nice to hear Art has finally found someone to invite back to talk about this subject. It's the way of the future in the paranormal field, I think. Consciousness. How very very smart of Art.

:)

zeebo

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 30, 2015, 11:29:19 AM
... book by Jonathan Hari (about legalizing drugs).  Hari was on 'the other show' some time ago and also seemed very upbeat and hopeful and someone whom you do not have to drag information out of.  I think Art might like to interview him.

If I'm remembering right he was a good guest with some rather refreshing ideas on the subject.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 30, 2015, 03:04:49 PM
...The silver cord connects your body to your spirit self when you travel through the Astral Plane.
Check your 1e AD&D Player's Handbook, page 148.

Well see, now why didn't the guest just say that!   :D

Robert

Quote from: Never2Late on July 30, 2015, 02:57:00 AMI've often thought that some alien abductions are simply lucid dreams where the dreamer isn't aware that they're dreaming
If they're not aware they're dreaming, then by definition it's not a lucid dream.

Never2Late

Quote from: Robert on July 30, 2015, 04:58:28 PM
If they're not aware they're dreaming, then by definition it's not a lucid dream.

missing my point entirely.

Mastodonkey

Not sure if this entirely relates but I have some memories from my childhood that I can't remember if they really happened or if it was stuff in my dreams from back then I also remember.

CornyCrow

Quote from: zeebo on July 30, 2015, 04:36:40 PM
If I'm remembering right he was a good guest with some rather refreshing ideas on the subject.
Yep.  Especially 'Rat Park' and that the difference in those who do not become addicted and those who do is often that the non addicts have more meaningful lives and the addicts are running away from theirs.

My 'big seller' on the issue, though, is to knock some of the wind out of the sails of drug gangs.  They have such a corrupting influence on young people in poor neighborhoods.  That should not be an alternate lifestyle choice for any kid and some families are third generation gang members.  What chance does a kid have, to be a contributing member of society?  Any of us could be born into that situation, if you believe in reincarnation.   

gabrielle

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 30, 2015, 06:43:04 PM
Yep.  Especially 'Rat Park' and that the difference in those who do not become addicted and those who do is often that the non addicts have more meaningful lives and the addicts are running away from theirs.

My 'big seller' on the issue, though, is to knock some of the wind out of the sails of drug gangs.  They have such a corrupting influence on young people in poor neighborhoods.  That should not be an alternate lifestyle choice for any kid and some families are third generation gang members.  What chance does a kid have, to be a contributing member of society?  Any of us could be born into that situation, if you believe in reincarnation.   

some wise person once told me that we are all tinkers, tailors, soldiers, sailors, rich men, poor men, beggar men, and thieves...in other words, we all will experience all roles, including that of the drug dealer and the drug taker....I sure hope that isn't true.

Robert

Robert

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 30, 2015, 06:43:04 PMYep.  Especially 'Rat Park' and that the difference in those who do not become addicted and those who do is often that the non addicts have more meaningful lives and the addicts are running away from theirs.
Stanton Peele made that point about their results ~20 yrs. ago.

Never2Late

Your response indicates you didn't.  And you seem like an ass.  So... see ya.  smh

CornyCrow

Quote from: gabrielle on July 30, 2015, 06:49:34 PM
some wise person once told me that we are all tinkers, tailors, soldiers, sailors, rich men, poor men, beggar men, and thieves...in other words, we all will experience all roles, including that of the drug dealer and the drug taker....I sure hope that isn't true.
You/They could be right.  There are also old teachings that claim we are gods in the making.  To aspire to that you'd think it would take a good understanding of the pressures and issues in which others are caught up.  Isn't that the purpose of reincarnation?  And, think of that old saying 'There, but for the grace of God, go I'? 

Assigning consequences for various decisions is easier than understanding the factors that contributed to those decisions. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: Willis on July 30, 2015, 08:41:39 PM
Did anyone have an OBE after the show?
Many believe that we OBE every night, while dreaming.  Although it's sometimes scary, it's also natural.  I guess what we strive for is awareness and control. 

BattyBrooke

If this guy isn't full of malarky, he better be careful. A few of those doctors in Florida that died mysteriously or went missing were supposedly using frequency technology to heal patients.

CornyCrow

There, in alternate therapies, is something called a Rife machine, supposedly healing by coupling various frequencies with specific disorders/diseases.  The fellow who invented it is named Rife.  I think his original correspondences of disease to frequency was lost and there are now several models (manufactured by different people) of such machines, each using different correspondences.  They are all very expensive.  Some people think they are great, but many others think it's hokum.   

Lilith

I almost always get more out of programs when I relisten a time or two.  This guest came across to me as enjoyable, enthusiastic, and very happy :)  The callers, as always, were WONDERFUL one and all!