• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art's Charts: Midnight in the Desert Bumper Music

Started by Dyna-X, July 28, 2015, 12:56:12 AM

Dyna-X

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 22, 2015, 12:54:42 AM
Thank you for this, Dyna-X. It is a labor of love.
Your'e Welcome I.B. :) From last night, Tues (9/22):

Dyna-X

It's here! Just in time to print out and tape to your cave wall if you think the asteroid is about to hit or the ships are about to land. The Art's Charts All Time Bumper Music Revised Version B with everything I have to date, with the Midnight in the Desert tallies.  329 songs! Again, if you have heard any you do not see here that you found while listening to Classic shows, please let me know and they will make it to the next Revision.

Dyna-X

Thurs (9/24) with Dr. David Jacobs on the Alien Invasion. Art was so rattled he blew through a couple of breaks. Right on the edge of the seat, maybe like the hubrids!

Dyna-X

What a fun night that was! First shoutout for Art's Charts on Bellgab. Friday (9/25) I'm committed to keep posting these (or maybe just plain committed).

Thanks for doing this Dyna-X! Some of us appreciate it very much. Music and statistics are two of my favorite subjects.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MaxGravy on September 26, 2015, 11:54:16 AM
Thanks for doing this Dyna-X! Some of us appreciate it very much. Music and statistics are two of my favorite subjects.
It's in the data!

Ooops. Wrong show.

Dyna-X

Quote from: MaxGravy on September 26, 2015, 11:54:16 AM
You're welcome! From last night with Nick Redfern (09/28) - The MIB will have to find me in the electromagnetically secure TEMPEST MIL-STD 461 wired dark bunker, my eyes reflecting the green monochrome monitor, lol.

Dyna-X

Tuesday (9/29) with Steven Starr on Nuclear War Effects.

AppealPlay

Art's really into bumping a song on both sides recently.  Interesting.

Linda129

Please bring back The Mummers Dance by Loreena McKinnitt to the list of bumper music.  :-*

Dyna-X

Quote from: Linda129 on October 01, 2015, 03:33:16 PM
Please bring back The Mummers Dance by Loreena McKinnitt to the list of bumper music.  :-*

Don't worry Linda, he's played Mummer's Dance about 12 times since MITD began, that averages to about every third show, but for true Loreena McKinnitt fans that is nowhere near enough :)

From last night (9/30) with Dr. Albert Taylor - although I've had way too much pizza tonight to try the OBE experiment, lol.

Dyna-X

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 30, 2015, 01:57:21 AM
Art's really into bumping a song on both sides recently.  Interesting.

The explanation he gave was he "wanted to hear the rest of the song."  He has done this twice with Bananarama - Venus.  Art just loves female harmony!

Dyna-X

Friday (10/02) Open Lines - First MITD with two double bumps. Also a non-bumper play of Foreigner - Cold as Ice (as some alien spouses may be, lol)

Linda129

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 01, 2015, 06:46:45 PM
Don't worry Linda, he's played Mummer's Dance about 12 times since MITD began, that averages to about every third show, but for true Loreena McKinnitt fans that is nowhere near enough :)

From last night (9/30) with Dr. Albert Taylor - although I've had way too much pizza tonight to try the OBE experiment, lol.

Guess I've missed it.

Linda129

Quote from: Dyna-X on August 12, 2015, 01:00:52 AM
Well good news! It seems that we are hearing the pre-1972 oldies again! Tonight included the first plays of "Some Velvet Morning", "I Can See for Miles" and "Temptation Eyes" and more!

No oldies pre-1972?  That really stinks!

Dyna-X

Quote from: Linda129 on October 05, 2015, 12:45:02 PM
No oldies pre-1972?  That really stinks!

Its some kind of complicated thing that he can play pre-1972 songs if they are remastered. Beyond his ability to control and I still don't completly understand what is going on with that.  Anyhow, here is last night (10/05) with Tess Gerritsen.

Linda129

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 06, 2015, 11:46:46 PM
Its some kind of complicated thing that he can play pre-1972 songs if they are remastered. Beyond his ability to control and I still don't completly understand what is going on with that.  Anyhow, here is last night (10/05) with Tess Gerritsen.

I see Some Velvet Morning on the list. That's pre-72!

Dyna-X

Quote from: Linda129 on October 07, 2015, 05:06:46 AM

It must be the remastered version. Possibly he pays a surcharge when he plays a pre-1972 bumper, but does it anyway. I don't know the whole story here. I recall someone asking Art about 20 shows after the start specifically about when he would play "Some Velvet Morning" and he replied sheepishly "Never." But then he implied that he would see what he could do. Several days later, walah!     

Last night would have been prime for the Rolling Stones' "Time is on My Side" and Zager and Evans' "In the Year 2525" when the topic of future civilzations messaging us was being discussed.

ItsOver

Quote from: Linda129 on October 07, 2015, 05:06:46 AM

What's Dave Noorie doing with Nancy?

Nancy and Lee was one haunting sounding combo.  Perfect for Art.  Does Art ever play their "Summer Wine?"  It's pretty good, too.

Dyna-X, just wanted to thank you for this. It's FANTASTIC to have this research handy when Art plays a song I'm not aware of (don't shoot me I was born in the 80s)

was good to hear you on Art's show a few days back

Are you keeping record, or have an idea of the song Art plays the most? I'd have to believe it's "when the man comes around" or "Dancing queen"

lol, of course "the chase" and "midnight in the desert" notwithstanding.

Dyna-X

Quote from: ASC on October 07, 2015, 10:05:58 AM
Dyna-X, just wanted to thank you for this. It's FANTASTIC to have this research handy when Art plays a song I'm not aware of (don't shoot me I was born in the 80s)

was good to hear you on Art's show a few days back

Are you keeping record, or have an idea of the song Art plays the most? I'd have to believe it's "when the man comes around" or "Dancing queen"

lol, of course "the chase" and "midnight in the desert" notwithstanding.
Thanks ASC! No problem if you were born in the 80s, Art has a little side mission going (and so do I) to introduce you whipper snappers to the really good music that was around before you were born :) And Yes, I do have a running tally of everything he has played, but I only update it every couple months. I've reposted the most recent chart 9/20 (MITD specific) and 9/23 (MITD specific, but with a listing of 329 bumpers since he started in the 90s).  Of course, I will update them every couple months, maybe sooner.   The Non-Opener/Closer winners are actually 1st place Enya - Orinoco Flow and 2nd place Harry Gregson-Williams - Jake Lonegran (The Cowboys and Aliens movie song)  Its surprising which ones you think he plays most, but the mind is a tricky thing. Sometimes certain things will be more memorable than they truly are and we will plant certain songs in are memory more strongly than others - often because we love them, downright hate them or think "this song is really weird but I kinda like it."

Dyna-X

Quote from: ItsOver on October 07, 2015, 09:32:55 AM
What's Dave Noorie doing with Nancy?

Nancy and Lee was one haunting sounding combo.  Perfect for Art.  Does Art ever play their "Summer Wine?"  It's pretty good, too.

Uncanny resemblance! Snorry would sing it "Some Velvaht Morningk" and all off key I bet.     Art has not played "Summer Wine" on MITD, but he did on some 90s shows. I agree, he should again.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 07, 2015, 11:52:38 AM
Uncanny resemblance! Snorry would sing it "Some Velvaht Morningk" and all off key I bet.     Art has not played "Summer Wine" on MITD, but he did on some 90s shows. I agree, he should again.
Ha!  I hope we haven't given Jorch any ideas for his next concert.  I'd never think of "Some Velvet Morning" the same way again.

"Summer Wine" does indeed show-up for a 2003 C2C Art show.  The same show also had BOC's "Don't Fear the Reaper," another favorite of Art's and mine.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2003/05/29?mode=print

Dyna-X

Quote from: ItsOver on October 07, 2015, 12:26:21 PM
Ha!  I hope we haven't given Jorch any ideas for his next concert.  I'd never think of "Some Velvet Morning" the same way again.

"Summer Wine" does indeed show-up for a 2003 C2C Art show.  The same show also had BOC's "Don't Fear the Reaper," another favorite of Art's and mine.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2003/05/29?mode=print

Some of my favorites as well! I didn't know C2C had these archived this far back.  I have a big hole in my collection of Art's shows from that era (late 2002-2007ish)

Dyna-X

Weds (10/07) with Ron Morehead and Scott Nelson. Notice that the number for each bumper from the chart above Art's mixer is included. Maybe those numbers transmit a secret code like the old numbers stations :)

Dyna-X

Friday's Open Lines (10/09) with ostensibly the historic return of J.C. Webster.