• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How does coast insider keep you from downloading all of Art's library?

Started by henge0stone, July 23, 2015, 06:12:27 PM

henge0stone

I know they must limit the amount of classic Art shows you can download, otherwise I assume every coast inside would download all of the old shows the first month than cancel their subscription.

NightsAtSea

You can't download Art's shows from the C2C archives at all, as far as I'm aware. The archives only go back something like eight years. Every Saturday before the main C2C show they play an old episode hosted by Art Bell - they call these episodes 'Somewhere in Time.' While there is a page for the 'Somewhere in Time' rebroadcasts, the audio for all of these shows is actually from the regular C2C show that aired after that particular rebroadcast (so mostly George Knapp stuff). In addition to all that, MP3 downloads are not provided for the shows labeled 'Somewhere in Time.' You can only listen to them using C2C's pop-out media player. Essentially, the only way to hear the 'Somewhere in Time' shows is to listen live on Saturdays.

There are a handful of Art Bell shows in the section of the site called 'Classic Shows,' but these are very few and do not offer MP3 downloads (to listen you must use the C2C pop-out media player).

onan

Quote from: NightsAtSea on July 23, 2015, 09:22:36 PM
You can't download Art's shows from the C2C archives at all, as far as I'm aware. The archives only go back something like eight years. Every Saturday before the main C2C show they play an old episode hosted by Art Bell - they call these episodes 'Somewhere in Time.' While there is a page for the 'Somewhere in Time' rebroadcasts, the audio for all of these shows is actually from the regular C2C show that aired after that particular rebroadcast (so mostly George Knapp stuff). In addition to all that, MP3 downloads are not provided for the shows labeled 'Somewhere in Time.' You can only listen to them using C2C's pop-out media player. Essentially, the only way to hear the 'Somewhere in Time' shows is to listen live on Saturdays.

There are a handful of Art Bell shows in the section of the site called 'Classic Shows,' but these are very few and do not offer MP3 downloads (to listen you must use the C2C pop-out media player).

Art Bell's Somewhere In Time shows used to be downloadable. Then as you point out, became playable but not downloadable. To circumvent that people would (and still do) use another application to record the show as it played.

NightsAtSea

Quote from: onan on July 23, 2015, 09:26:16 PM
Art Bell's Somewhere In Time shows used to be downloadable. Then as you point out, became playable but not downloadable. To circumvent that people would (and still do) use another application to record the show as it played.

Bless them...I don't have the patience or the fortitude to wait a week to record one episode when it airs Saturday nights. But I guess somebody's got to do it, lol.

henge0stone

Wow they guard those old shows like a mother guards her babies. You can get as many shitty Noory shows as you want but not the good stuff. Three cheers for williedee's archive!  ;)

scottydawg

Directive Frum Die Oberfuhrer Tom!

Vat ist Los, you lettle Art Bell Lubbers? You vant to download und Save die "Art Bell Sumvare in Die Time" shows?
NEIN, IST VERBOTEN! >:(
You Scheimels! You Schwienhunds! How dare you vant to listen to him udder den on der great Popen Die Oot Player! >:(
Zie must Listen to die Fuhrer Jorch Noorie, SIEG JORCH!, SIEG JORCH! Zie can download all the Propagana Broacast Die Vants!
Ve haf all your names now, Do yo have family now living in Germany? Nicht fer long! Mwuuuuhahahah! Mwuahaha!
Zie also must Zign up fer die Beyund Beeleef shows on die Farenseeaparat device!!!!!!!!
You Haff been warned!