• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150722 - Linda Moulton Howe

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 22, 2015, 03:15:42 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Bad Grandma on July 23, 2015, 05:13:59 PM
I imagine he's too busy yelling at clouds and barking at the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn. As long as I can remember he's always been a fucking dickhead on C2CAM.

*lol*  So I'm guessing you've not made any contributions to NUFOC on his watch.

Bad Grandma

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 23, 2015, 05:21:43 PM
*lol*  So I'm guessing you've not made any contributions to NUFOC on his watch.

I just find it amusing that someone who works in ufology has zero sense of humor. Even someone like Streiber is, I think, in on the joke a little bit. Davenport is just an impatient crank.

she was saying, "homo sapien sapien".
for some weird reason, i kept thinking... "crane, poole and schmidt".  8)

saucerlike

I thought the show was great, re-listened to it to catch a few things I missed.  The pole shift stuff is really fascinating whether you buy it or not.  Not a scientist, but I could go along with the "booms" being geological phenomena (I've never heard/experienced it, but it would be interesting).  It's not as woo-woo as claiming it to be from the gov't or aliens or some other shit, IMO.  Best show so far.

Catsmile

Magnetic Storm

Is the magnetic field protecting Earth from deadly radiation about to reverse direction or even disappear?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/magnetic/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGKKzsRjJ_Y

bateman

Quote from: Bad Grandma on July 23, 2015, 05:23:12 PM
I just find it amusing that someone who works in ufology has zero sense of humor. Even someone like Streiber is, I think, in on the joke a little bit. Davenport is just an impatient crank.

I had a good laugh when he went on with Dave once and scolded people for making prank calls to him. As if that wouldn't just encourage more.

Steven.G

Quote from: maren on July 23, 2015, 12:39:31 AM
Caller has a GREAT radio voice -- is he one of you guys?

Haha, if it was the pluto question guy that would be me!

Hello everyone! Been a long time listener to Art and just found this gem! Can't wait to have some live chatting conversations with everyone!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Bad Grandma on July 23, 2015, 05:23:12 PM

If your point is Peter's not going to be the life of too many parties, you'd get no argument from me.  Having spent an entire career in a male dominated, technical field I can also say I'm probably more used to that personality type than others so may not notice it all that much.  Still, I agree with Surmo (God help us, an engineer agreeing with a lawyer) there's something to be said about a guy who's all business in this field.  Ufology has enough crackpots, goofballs, and Mike Baras; the field can live with an impatient elder statesman who takes his job seriously and does it impartially.  Besides, and as Steve alluded to, how many people wouldn't get frustrated getting (and having to pay for) crank phones from drunks and pranksters in the middle of the night.  (I once told Peter he ought to consider writing a book just on his drunk/prank/mentally ill callers.....he was not amused.)  And for what it's worth, I think Stan Friedman is the biggest jerk in ufology today. 

Bad Grandma

Quote from: bateman on July 23, 2015, 06:24:03 PM
I had a good laugh when he went on with Dave once and scolded people for making prank calls to him. As if that wouldn't just encourage more.

That's exactly what I was referring to.

Spinner

Quote from: Steven.G on July 23, 2015, 06:41:18 PM
Haha, if it was the pluto question guy that would be me!

Hello everyone! Been a long time listener to Art and just found this gem! Can't wait to have some live chatting conversations with everyone!
Hey, Steven.G!
Welcome to BellGab. Have fun and post often. :)

ZomZom

I'm of two minds on LMH, just as I am with Art. A certain suspension of disbelief is required to enjoy the spooky-story-around-the-campfire vibe which is paranormal radio. Shut off the BS detector and enjoy the ride. I very much enjoyed tonight's show.

grizpsych

Do people think LMH is a legitimate  scientist? Honestly, she reported junk climate science last night.

onan

Quote from: grizpsych on July 23, 2015, 08:30:06 PM
Do people think LMH is a legitimate  scientist? Honestly, she reported junk climate science last night.

I like LMH because she is part of the Art Bell history. But as to being a legitimate scientist... I have a hard time considering her a legitimate journalist since her days with nori.

Catsmile

Quote from: grizpsych on July 23, 2015, 08:30:06 PM

Who implied that she was ever a Scientist?

grizpsych

Quote from: Catsmile on July 23, 2015, 08:49:55 PM
Who implied that she was ever a Scientist?
Noted. Science journalist then.

albrecht

I like LMH both due to her history with Art's show and her dedication to the various subjects. And ability to put up with inane hosts, like Norry. And she gets some interesting, and real, scientists to talk about subjects, as well as more esoteric/paranormal theorizing interviewees.

I like Peter Davenport also because of his sober-minded attitude and dedication to the UFO subject. His reports are always "very interesting" and he also has a long history with Art's show and has proven ability to put up with Norry-like people, prankers, stoned/drunk experiencers, etc but still doggedly keeps at it. I also have always wondered if he had any relation with the varius "Davenports" of that region in Washington (Davenport, WA, the awesome Davenport Hotel in Spokane, etc?) I hope he could be a semi-frequent guest with Art with UFO updates.

Noorynoid

Quote from: albrecht on July 23, 2015, 09:07:03 PM

I like Peter Davenport also because of his sober-minded attitude and dedication to the UFO subject. His reports are always "very interesting" and he also has a long history with Art's show and has proven ability to put up with Norry-like people, prankers, stoned/drunk experiencers, etc but still doggedly keeps at it. I also have always wondered if he had any relation with the varius "Davenports" of that region in Washington (Davenport, WA, the awesome Davenport Hotel in Spokane, etc?) I hope he could be a semi-frequent guest with Art with UFO updates.

When was it when Peter Davenport wanted to be paid to come on coast, was that with Art or Norry? I remember it but just can't put a date on it.

albrecht

Quote from: Noorynoid on July 23, 2015, 09:19:12 PM
When was it when Peter Davenport wanted to be paid to come on coast, was that with Art or Norry? I remember it but just can't put a date on it.
Not sure. I recall something about needing donations and Norry mentioning that a few times but I don't recall him saying "pay me" but he might have. I don't know.

Noorynoid

Quote from: albrecht on July 23, 2015, 09:23:53 PM
Not sure. I recall something about needing donations and Norry mentioning that a few times but I don't recall him saying "pay me" but he might have. I don't know.

I remember the host (either Art or George) saying it is not typically for guest to be paid. A long time ago, I wish I remembered when.

I usually pick on Linda but it was a great show.  ;)

Quote from: albrecht on July 23, 2015, 09:07:03 PM
I like LMH both due to her history with Art's show and her dedication to the various subjects...
I like Peter Davenport also because of his sober-minded attitude and dedication to the UFO subject. His reports are always "very interesting" and he also has a long history with Art's show... I also have always wondered if he had any relation with the varius "Davenports" of that region in Washington (Davenport, WA, the awesome Davenport Hotel in Spokane, etc?) I hope he could be a semi-frequent guest with Art with UFO updates.
=====================================================
'Allo!
With you still am i.
A few personal opinions of Mr.Davenport's mind-set.
i think he's liveing on the edge of bankruptcy due to costs associated with haveing decent communications links from his very unique,isolated Narcissi-Bunker in E.Washington.
It's literally in the middle of no-where.
The up-keep is incredibly messy,tedious,and expensive.
Plus,it's still on the USSR's targetting list for ICBM's up to known 200megatons during the stone age,kkold war period.
Tzar-of-Some-Of-The-Russias Vladimir is now upgraded the soviet A.F.& rocket corps to deal with the West.
i think we here should be running an kontest to find the appropriate mate for poor peter.
NOT YOKEING!!
If WW3.33 occurs,he might be the only 'Murrikkan to breed an new race for the post-war society,a la "Dr.Strangelove"s Adam-Eve-Cave-Man couple "Gap".
Any one remember,i think,Karl Albert saying that,to set up the under-ground bomb-proof cities in the sixties,we need to assure the next adam/eve couple post-war III were 200% red-blooded 'Murrikkanz???
"B_B"

Rico999

Quote from: onan on July 23, 2015, 08:36:10 PM
I like LMH because she is part of the Art Bell history. But as to being a legitimate scientist... I have a hard time considering her a legitimate journalist since her days with nori.

Howe is one hell of a reporter, period.  In my opinion, there's no one that can touch her for investigative reporting in the paranormal field.  Her body of work, her contacts, her ability to analyze the material -- to take it out further from just the raw data --  the whole package -- stand far above any other that I can think of.  There's no question in my mind that she's the best there is.

The reason she goes on Coast?  She will tell you if you ask her -- but I'll help you out:  The reason is that she wants to continue to get her material out to the Coast listeners.   With Art in limbo the past two years, it was logical for her to use Coast.

I don't think it's any secret that authors with books, etc. to sell go on Coast because after their appearance, sales spike.

Rico999

It was with Art, a long time ago.  Art refused and they feuded for awhile.

onan

Quote from: Rico999 on July 24, 2015, 12:04:41 AM
Howe is one hell of a reporter, period.  In my opinion, there's no one that can touch her for investigative reporting in the paranormal field.  Her body of work, her contacts, her ability to analyze the material -- to take it out further from just the raw data --  the whole package -- stand far above any other that I can think of.  There's no question in my mind that she's the best there is.

The reason she goes on Coast?  She will tell you if you ask her -- but I'll help you out:  The reason is that she wants to continue to get her material out to the Coast listeners.   With Art in limbo the past two years, it was logical for her to use Coast.

I don't think it's any secret that authors with books, etc. to sell go on Coast because after their appearance, sales spike.

I don't follow the paranormal reporting crowd. But other than LMH, I can't think of one. OK she needs to pay bills, I get that. One hell of a reporter... we will have to agree to disagree.

Not sure if anyone posted this ,but this was the song playlist, at least what I could pick out.....

Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
Loreena McKennitt- The Mystics Dream
SNIFF & THE TEARS - DRIVERS SEAT
Argent ~ Hold Your Head Up (1972)
johnny cash when the man comes around
Abba- S.O.S
blue oyster cult - Don't Fear The Reaper
Cusco - Inca Dance
doors - riders on the storm
doobie brothers - what a fool believes

CornyCrow

Quote from: boilingpitsofsewage on July 23, 2015, 10:19:10 PM
I usually pick on Linda but it was a great show.  ;)
I agree.  She tends to speak in VERY long sentences and has a mind that can hold on to the threads brought up and joined together at the end.  Her sentences remind me of legal documents at times.  But she makes sense, and although with Dave she seemed to have a dead delivery, with Art she had great voice inflection and enthusiasm and was much more easy to follow.

I did not like her before, but do, now.  I also think Art senses his audience and reigns her in at times.

Quote from: QuantumMystics on July 24, 2015, 01:57:03 AM
Not sure if anyone posted this ,but this was the song playlist, at least what I could pick out.....

Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
Loreena McKennitt- The Mystics Dream
SNIFF & THE TEARS - DRIVERS SEAT
Argent ~ Hold Your Head Up (1972)
johnny cash when the man comes around
Abba- S.O.S
blue oyster cult - Don't Fear The Reaper
Cusco - Inca Dance
doors - riders on the storm
doobie brothers - what a fool believes

I`d say that`s a good 25% of the total experience for me; the bumper music Art selects, and his timing as to when each song runs.

Stranger929

That was with Art, quite a while back. I listened to that show not too long ago, if I can find it again I'll let you know.

Knine

i dont like LMH=  I think some of her stuff is really nonsense, so I usually dont bother to listen to her anymore.