• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

USA TODAY Poll says 70% of Americans believe news media is intentionally biased

Started by 21st Century Man, July 05, 2015, 03:22:17 AM

onan

Quote from: Quick Karl on July 16, 2015, 03:56:27 PM

onan, when was the last time you beat your wife, or significant other?

It was right after I learned your boyfriend got a dickturd while deep probing you.

Did you really have to post those pics of Miley Cyrus, Jackstar?

She is not sexy at all.

If you look for the definition of trailer-park trash in the dictionary, you'll find Miley Cyrus.

Damn you, Billy Ray.

Quick Karl

Quote from: onan on July 16, 2015, 04:10:38 PM
It was right after I learned your boyfriend got a dickturd while deep probing you.

You poor, sad little thing, you...

Quick Karl

Quote from: onan on July 16, 2015, 04:16:38 PM
Yeah, I'm hurt Karl. But still a great deal more clever than you.

Whatever gets you through another miserable day, Dr. Onan.

onan

Jackstar

Hey look, it's an entire page of people changing the subject. You guys are adorable.

I Am Above Failure
It’s Impossible to Take Me by Surprise
If You Want Something Done Right, Do It Yourself
I’m Never at Fault
Everything Has an Excuse
Everyone Else is Wrong
It’s All One Big Conspiracy I Tell You

Quote from: onan on July 16, 2015, 03:30:35 PM
I've been embarrassed with your presence since day one... so I guess we are even.

Why thanks onan. Still projecting I see.

onan

Quote from: Jackstar on July 16, 2015, 04:33:02 PM
Hey look, it's an entire page of people changing the subject. You guys are adorable.

Why thanks onan. Still projecting I see.

Well, actually that isn't a projection.

But I do get the humor. And hey, good for you.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on July 16, 2015, 03:56:27 PM
I know you cannot stand when I kick a hole into one of your elite, intellectually superior, science-based, liberal fairytales, but, institutional racism on the part of whom - the elite, intellectually superior, science-based racist judges that infect our courtrooms throughout our country? You mean to tell me they all just hate black folks? Or is it that all juries consist only of racist white folks that secretly want black people to be slaves? Or is it that States and the Fed are really all racists plantation-owner wannabees so they wrote anti-blackie laws and those warm, sweet, liberal judges are just powerless?

Dr. Onan, when was the last time you beat your wife, or significant other?

Oh you're such a sorry thing aren't you? Your mind must be a constant maelstrom of conflict based on nothing more than your own warped imagination...you have my pity.

The thread title shouldn't be taken so seriously; 25% of Americans believe unicorns are real and 50% that angels are real too. I think the last time it was banded, 70% believe they've been abducted by aliens...shits for cookies.

Honestly, most media sources probably are biased... Most (in the colonies, anyway) are corporate-owned, so profit is a major motive.  Individual pundits rile up the rabble for cash and publicity (see Coulter, Hannity, et al).  MSNBC, like Fox, has its audience, focus, agenda.  I see that in the UK, the powers that be are going after the BBC for being too liberal.  (Uh, no, that does not here stand for Big Black C***)...  Some outlets are less subtle than others...

albrecht

Quote from: West of the Rockies on July 17, 2015, 05:27:33 PM
Honestly, most media sources probably are biased... Most (in the colonies, anyway) are corporate-owned, so profit is a major motive.  Individual pundits rile up the rabble for cash and publicity (see Coulter, Hannity, et al).  MSNBC, like Fox, has its audience, focus, agenda.  I see that in the UK, the powers that be are going after the BBC for being too liberal.  (Uh, no, that does not here stand for Big Black C***)...  Some outlets are less subtle than others...
Yes, I don't think bias is a problem if one is informed about it. Get news from various sources, know the bias, funding, the ownership, the editorial staff's history, etc and one can get, at least a bit, of actual information. I am hesitant to recommend the BBC to people these days, especially younger children and older people, due to the fact that the term has been co-opted in the internet searches to refer to what you mention. Hahaha.