• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

serenity

Quote from: NXOEED on July 13, 2015, 08:51:37 AM
I have another blitz-related thing I'm doing this Friday. It's probably only of interest to people in Phoenix, but if any of you happen to be nearby, you're welcome to join in.

I've been hiding my paintings around the city for decades for anybody who's interested in finding them. I know it's lame, but I have fun doing it, it keeps my kids interested in art-related activities, and it's a lot more fun than standing around in a gallery and talking to people who walk in and pretend they give a crap.

This Friday, I'll begin releasing a series of inter-dimensional beings throughout the city. Clues to their whereabouts have already been hidden within the MITD poster we've been circulating. There's a secret in it. Study it and you may find our inter-dimensional friends.

I'll be releasing one every several hours between July 18 at 8:00 PM up to the hour before Art hits the airwaves on July 20. Every one you find is yours to keep. If you live in or around Phoenix and are interested in playing along, clues and images will be posted on the Facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1025778744114063/

Sort of like the Toynbee tiles

Chine

I'm in private messages with Funyuns. They just pmed me.

chefist

Quote from: Chine on July 13, 2015, 03:07:56 PM
Careful...they give them to you free at first...that's how they hook ya!

SaucyRossy

Hhahaah amazing.

Art could have a new show sponsor.

Chine

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:10:25 PM

Hhahaah amazing.

Rossy, they loved it and wanted to play along in tweets. Loved the little munching aliens.
I just pmed Art for appropriate email for their PR to have. They also want mine for potential artwork for them in future.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:10:25 PM

Hhahaah amazing.

LOL...let the animated gifs flow!

Jackstar

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 03:13:52 PM
LOL...let the animated gifs flow!

no budget for animation

phrodo

That's pretty damn cool .. congrats. Neat cartoon too! Hmmm - my son loves Funyuns ... ya think maybe he's an alien???  ???

Chine

Quote from: phrodo on July 13, 2015, 03:18:55 PM
That's pretty damn cool .. congrats. Neat cartoon too! Hmmm - my son loves Funyuns ... ya think maybe he's an alien???  ???

They want to post and share my art with more Funyuns and Paranormal nonsense.

Ha.

I'm in connection with Tootsie Roll too as they've shared my work. And I do have tootsie pops here on my desk.

RoseGirl

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 03:09:31 PM
Careful...they give them to you free at first...that's how they hook ya!

lol We simply must find a way to weaponize the Funyuns!

serenity

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 03:30:51 PM

We can crush them then make them airborne...........

RoseGirl

Quote from: serenity on July 13, 2015, 03:44:36 PM
We can crush them then make them airborne...........

Perhaps rig them to explode when bitten?

oh wait.....funyun granades....that's it! Throw them like Frisbees and BLAMMO!

Jackstar

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 03:30:51 PM

careful now

Quotea Russian agent contacted with WDS last week and provided detailed information about exactly how the Ukrainian "Maidan" revolution really took place. The agent infiltrated the Maidan revolt by showing up pretending to be a student. He was told to go to a US State Department run front organization where young protesters were given free food and shelter and paid 25 euros per day. In addition to this, according to the agent, "we were given all the free drugs we wanted." He said the Maidan protesters consisted almost entirely of stoned youth between the ages of 17 and 25. So there you have it, the US State Department handing out drugs and money to overthrow a democratically elected regime.

SaucyRossy

PLEASE REFER TO THIS POST FOR ALL REDDIT INFO

1. The AMA will be posted at 6pm EDT, TUESDAY, JULY 14th.

2. Art will begin answering questions on that post at 6:30pm EDT.

3. . If you've used reddit before and would like to help with the event tomorrow please PM Chefist for details.

4. If you've never used reddit before, Plesse feel free to ask for help and Chefist will assign some one to help you.

5. To promote the AMA please tweet, Facebook, out the time, date, and location and note that the link to the event will be posted at 6pm EDT.

6. If you have any more questions please PM me or Chefist.

7. Have fun!

chefist

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 03:46:23 PM
Perhaps rig them to explode when bitten?

oh wait.....funyun granades....that's it! Throw them like Frisbees and BLAMMO!
RECIPE UP ON "COOKING WITH CHEFIST"!!!

chefist

Please don't tell them I have reversed engineered their culinary masterpiece...I already have enough people to hide from!

Spinner

Quote from: NXOEED on July 12, 2015, 10:14:45 PM
Okay, here we go. Here are those doubles and handbills, along with the original poster.....

Thanks, NXOOED!
I'll get a bunch of each printed tomorrow. I'm off work Wednesday, so that's when I'll "distribute" them around town.

Until then, I'm just posting the good news of Art's return in every forum I've ever joined. Will follow with emailing radio stations, and other media.

Busy, busy days ahead...  :)

Zenman

Wow! This Funyuns thing has gotten kinds scary.

Good scary!!

albrecht

Quote from: Étouffée on July 13, 2015, 12:05:16 AM
I think NXOEED's MitD Handbill Campaign could make a great documentary subject all on its own. Going against contemporary trends (and even Art's exhortations) to ride social media hard to promote the new show, this Arizona maverick print artist hand drew and lettered a stark retro-punk poster that was designed to be stapled to light polls, taped inside storefront windows, and, most radically, placed personally into the hands of people. 

The result has been a recharge of existing fans' excitement, and perhaps the impetus for the creation of new Art Bell fans.

What NXOEED demonstrates, in no small way, is the literal power of art.
Some artist on here needs to make a version of the "Toynbee Tiles" for Art Bell, maybe with NXOEED's awesome poster.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toynbee_tiles

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Zenman on July 13, 2015, 09:24:22 PM
Wow! This Funyuns thing has gotten kinds scary.

Good scary!
[/font]
Can you recap it for me? What' happened and is happening? Are Funyuns going to sponsor art or bellahaven?

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on July 13, 2015, 09:29:33 PM
Some artist on here needs to make a version of the "Toynbee Tiles" for Art Bell, maybe with NXOEED's awesome poster.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toynbee_tiles
That's a great idea. I'm a big fan of Toynbee Tiles. Here's one I saw two weeks ago on the Avenue of the Americas in NYC.

Zenman

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 09:38:36 PM
[/font]
Can you recap it for me? What' happened and is happening? Are Funyuns going to sponsor art or bellahaven?

I just parachuted in. I was hoping you could tell me, Rossy.

Actually, I was kinda hoping to run into serenity. I'm thinking he's up to speed on it. Too bad we can't beep him, lol.

I got the Stuff They Don't Want You to Know people to tweet Art's coming back. 11.4k followers so hopefully someone notices. They mention Art every now and again on the show. Anyone know if IO9 has done something? I haven't  read Gawker sites in 3 years.

Zenman

Hopefully, some Reddit veterans will call in to Bella Haven tonight and give us noobies some tips.

It's kinda hairy over there even for us regular type forum vets who are new to it.

Any Reddit For Idiots type tips would be much appreciated.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on July 13, 2015, 10:58:52 PM
I got the Stuff They Don't Want You to Know people to tweet Art's coming back. 11.4k followers so hopefully someone notices. They mention Art every now and again on the show. Anyone know if IO9 has done something? I haven't  read Gawker sites in 3 years.
If I was a tweeter I would tweet Crystal Gayle.

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 13, 2015, 11:10:21 PM
If I was a tweeter I would tweet Crystal Gayle.

No need. She tweeted abouts art's show:

Crystal Gayle ‏@TheCrystalGayle   7h7 hours ago  I'm excited that Art Bell is returning to radio July 20th with his new show, MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT, I like that... http://fb.me/2FcLlglh1

aldousburbank

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 13, 2015, 11:18:31 PM

Crystal Gayle ‏@TheCrystalGayle   7h7 hours ago  I'm excited that Art Bell is returning to radio July 20th with his new show, MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT, I like that... http://fb.me/2FcLlglh1
Well ok then.

Heather Wade

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 13, 2015, 11:18:31 PM

FWIW I retweeted.

Zenman

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 13, 2015, 11:24:32 PM

FWIW I retweeted.

I re-retweeted. I hope we don't break Twitter.

Zenman

6 DAYS      19 HOURS!   

BellaCast tonite 12AM Kalifornika Time!    ON AIR SHORTLY!
http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat/

Hosts: nbirnes & RoseGirl

Possible Topics Include:
   THE BLITZ
   FUNYUN NEWS
   BIG NEWS TOMORROW - Rumor & Speculation
   Art's AMA on Reddit is ON!  (Tomorrow Tuesday 3:30PM Kalifornika Time)
   Hoagland Flyby (5AM ET this morning, I believe)
   And more...!

Plus: CALL-INS: Gabbers, Gabblings & Civilians are all
Welcome to Call the Bella Line at: 215 488-7374
**Any Callers With Reddit Expertise Will Be Fast-Tracked Thru!
    (Just let us know on chat that your calling in)

Come chat with the "Funyuns"!