• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on February 04, 2018, 12:51:34 AM
Welcome to the braaps. Welcome to the braaps

That was great.  "Someone's got an echo, echo, echo ..."   Hoagie's still got it.

Morgus

Hoagie is talking about that thing that looks like a robot head on the moon now.

Zenman

Wow, I'm still gathering my parachute. So what's the braaps here??

zeebo

Quote from: =Schlyder= on February 04, 2018, 01:09:28 AM
LOL  it's damage on the negative LOL

He still thinks there's a glass dome on the moon because of an old picture with too much contrast.

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on February 04, 2018, 01:12:35 AM

Hey Zen, good to see ya man.  I dropped in randomly and pleased there's still some good braaps to be had.

TigerLily

Quote from: Zenman on February 04, 2018, 01:12:35 AM

Hi Zen. Nice to see you. Happy landings

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on February 04, 2018, 01:15:38 AM
Hey Zen, good to see ya man.  I dropped in randomly and pleased there's still some good braaps to be had.

Zeeb, hey yeah, I was floating around not expecting anything in particular at all and, viola!. Braaps there is, I am seeing.  :D

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on February 04, 2018, 01:16:40 AM
Hi Zen. Nice to see you. Happy landings

Hi TL, you are looking stunning as usual. Nice teeth I must say!  :D

TigerLily

Quote from: Zenman on February 04, 2018, 01:23:40 AM
Hi TL, you are looking stunning as usual. Nice teeth I must say!  :D

There's a story behind each one

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on February 04, 2018, 01:35:44 AM
There's a story behind each one

Indeed, and the marks that each left, I bet. :D

It's funny, I was wandering around BG looking for some action after having not logged in for a while and I found an interesting thread about bizarre missing person cases or something or other. Then I found a long but interesting post I liked and thought would be good to respond to. Then I noticed it was dated 2016. So rather than respond to somebody who might well be dead, I figured I'd come by here and see if there was anything interesting going on that was a little more current. And viola!

crankshaft

So this Johnson dude is legit? And there's a coke bottle on the moon? And the Chinese will crash into the glass on the moon? It doesn't get much weirder than this, folks. All we need now is a good healthy dose of braaps. Too bad hoagland shadow banned himself and can't take any calls from the internet.

Zenman

Do we need to join Club 19.5 to hear the podcast these days? Are the Days of the Free Braaps gone forever?

expat

Quote from: crankshaft on February 04, 2018, 01:54:39 AM
So this Johnson dude is legit?

Well, it depends. When he says he worked for Brown and Root in the Lunar Receiving Laboratory, as a dispatch clerk packaging lunar rocks, he's legit. When he says his collection of Apollo 10x8 glossies is unique first-generation prints, he's mis-remembering. When he says he's a former NASA astronaut, he's lying.

albrecht

Quote from: Zenman on February 04, 2018, 01:56:00 AM
Do we need to join Club 19.5 to hear the podcast these days? Are the Days of the Free Braaps gone forever?
Yep, as far as I can tell. RCH finally figured out BTR and no longer can you download the shows afterwards (I'm told you can if you are listening but haven't tried.) Or you can wait until the end of the month and somebody posts the monthly shows on a TPB torrent.

astroguy

Quote from: albrecht on February 04, 2018, 10:44:12 AM
Yep, as far as I can tell. RCH finally figured out BTR and no longer can you download the shows afterwards (I'm told you can if you are listening but haven't tried.) Or you can wait until the end of the month and somebody posts the monthly shows on a TPB torrent.
I was able to get it before I left for the airport this morning at 7am, mountain time.

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on February 04, 2018, 10:53:20 AM
I was able to get it before I left for the airport this morning at 7am, mountain time.
Thanks. It does appear to still be up if you go to the show link, not the general OSOM BTR site.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tosom/2018/02/04/ancient-glass-structures-on-the-moon-secret-chinese-missions--part-1#

expat

At 49:00 Ken tells his oft-repeated story of showing 16mm film of crater Tsiolkovsky shot by Apollo 14. He has never explained how a spacecraft in an orbit inclined at 14° can overfly a crater at 20.4°.

Here's the map of photo targets for Apollo 14.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on February 04, 2018, 12:15:59 PM
At 49:00 Ken tells his oft-repeated story of showing 16mm film of crater Tsiolkovsky shot by Apollo 14. He has never explained how a spacecraft in an orbit inclined at 14° can overfly a crater at 20.4°.

Evidence they never went? ???

astroguy

I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but I'm listening to the 1hr 40min point from last night, with the "cover image" for the shows being talked about ... those are not "glass structures."  Very simple way to know:  Zoom in, as he tells everyone to do.  You will notice that the blue is in blocks.  Those blocks are not parallel to the lunar surface.  They are parallel to the image edges.  That's JPG noise from a crappy scan.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on February 04, 2018, 05:02:30 PM
I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but I'm listening to the 1hr 40min point from last night, with the "cover image" for the shows being talked about ... those are not "glass structures."  Very simple way to know:  Zoom in, as he tells everyone to do.  You will notice that the blue is in blocks.  Those blocks are not parallel to the lunar surface.  They are parallel to the image edges.  That's JPG noise from a crappy scan.

Did you miss him admitting he was wrong about that one (and apparently so are you)? Hoagies stated that because of the vacuum of space sometimes when they'd snap a photo it would cause an electrostatic charge to be released (after taking several snaps) and that's what that is.  ;)

astroguy

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 04, 2018, 05:07:46 PM
Did you miss him admitting he was wrong about that one (and apparently so are you)? Hoagies stated that because of the vacuum of space sometimes when they'd snap a photo it would cause an electrostatic charge to be released (after taking several snaps) and that's what that is.  ;)
That was an hour before this point, I did hear him talk about that.  Then he talked about this, and said it's lunar domes / cities / whatever.  Did not say it was a film mistake.

astroguy

And those square blue JPG blocks are not caused by electrostatic discharge on film.  They're caused by JPG compression which compresses blue more than green or red so you will almost always see blue blocks in JPG images more than red or green in darker areas.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on February 04, 2018, 05:11:08 PM
And those square blue JPG blocks are not caused by electrostatic discharge on film.  They're caused by JPG compression which compresses blue more than green or red so you will almost always see blue blocks in JPG images more than red or green in darker areas.

I was just guessing where you were at in the broadcast. My bad.

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on February 04, 2018, 05:11:08 PM

I has assumed what he was talking about as far as the discharge is that thing that looks like a comet out in space towards but left of the earth.