• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Paranormal Dating Service??

Started by Paradox, June 03, 2015, 10:35:46 PM

Paradox

Oh good grief. *facepalm*

Now we get to hear those ads and also hear from satisfied customers who have used the service.  I am not impressed by this new business.  Anything I wish to say will be left unsaid until I can stop flaming and state my opinion objectively instead of a stream of vitriol that would make a sailor blush.

This will at least provide some inspiration for the eye pad thread.  Eh Paper*Boy?

novat0

Was that the big Wednesday announcement?  I don't think I would ever be using a dating service if a person that looked like George Noory was on the sign-up page...  Perhaps a redesign is in order?

er92

Another fine product from King Jorch himself, will the number's lady have a profile? Personally I'm holding out for a george noory panini press "makes the puurfect turkey sammiches while yew listen to coast to coast am". I also heard seroquel is being declared the official medication of the coast to coast am audience. Jorch should just wear a jacket with logos over it like nascar drivers do when he makes public disturbances oh I mean appearances. Seriously this isn't so much about jorch as it is about how much influence corporations and advertisers have over the media. Jorch is essentially a brand which must be managed and made profitable. He dare not say anything interesting or controversial, just nod, smile and parrot his endorsements.

CJJames

If I didn't see it for myself I would not have believed it. A George Noory dating service. Great fodder for the GM soundboard :-). Art has to be howling. How desperate for cash must Dave be? He can't think that this is a good idea.

Albemuth

Hmmm, finding a match  for people who lay awake most of the night listening to stories of aliens, cryptoids, ghosts and assorted weirdness? Sounds like a magnet for the disturbed, the dysfunctional and the chemically dependent… Great place to meet a significant Other…

cweb

LOVE the tagline "you are not alone."

That's what the voices keep telling me.

pyewacket

Creepy! Here's some interesting info on the industry. I'd be afraid to get involved with this in any capacity. I don't know anything about the company he's promoting, they could do things differently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-u4AOuPPOQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAlKx4EYp-c

UFQuack

Quote from: novat0 on June 03, 2015, 10:51:11 PM
Was that the big Wednesday announcement?  I don't think I would ever be using a dating service if a person that looked like George Noory was on the sign-up page...  Perhaps a redesign is in order?

Yes I too would like to know if that was the big wednesday announcement?! I even listened to it and I still don't know, because he seems to have forgotten all about all the lead-in or build-up to his "big surprise" over many months! It's like telling a joke but without the punchline. It's like announcing a play on stage but when the curtain is raised no performers are there except the theater janitor cleaning the floor.

This whole idea of "paranormal dating service". Whew! Jorch keeps on topping himself. And that video announcement he made about it! Whew again!

One thing he did mention is that psychic Joseph Jacobs and Glynis "#s lady" McCants are contributers so perhaps there is more of a "brain trust" behind this "project" than just it being Jorch's idea alone. It seems like they may have talked each other into it without ever asking--is this really a good idea?

"Paranormal dating" makes it sound like you could end up dating sasquatch or mothman.

Morgus

Noory has the Number's Lady on in the first hour tonight to further discuss his new Paranormal Dating Service and her participation in it.

nomobjustice

Noory? Noory is a pimp. He could never have outfought Santino

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on June 04, 2015, 08:29:47 PM
Noory has the Number's Lady on in the first hour tonight to further discuss his new Paranormal Dating Service and her participation in it.
So no "secret door" lameness then? Goodness, how far has C2C fallen. Though I must admit I have thought, and I think posted, that C2C should do a dating show in open lines (speculating like the debates Art would have but be dating so Bill the AAA and Annie from Alabama, for example, could get to know each other.) Apparently some dating site operator has been lurking Bellgab....

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on June 04, 2015, 08:29:47 PM
I can see where this is leading.  Can it be long before this guy announces Dave and Linda "are a match."

ItsOver

Quote from: cweb on June 04, 2015, 11:39:31 AM
LOVE the tagline "you are not alone."

That's what the voices keep telling me.
Thank you for that big laugh. ;D

Morgus

Noory reminded Glynis that people can get a discount to sign up for the dating service by using the code word "GEORGE"
Why didn't he offer Bellgabbers their own special discount code: "DAVE" ?

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: UFQuack on June 04, 2015, 05:49:25 PM

This whole idea of "paranormal dating service". Whew! Jorch keeps on topping himself. And that video announcement he made about it! Whew again!

One thing he did mention is that psychic Joseph Jacobs and Glynis "#s lady" McCants are contributers so perhaps there is more of a "brain trust" behind this "project" than just it being Jorch's idea alone...

Nope.  As usual Noory gets his ideas from others.  In this case it's The Amazing Kreskin.

http://www.examiner.com/article/supernatural-dating-society

karios8

And to top it off, Dave schraeder was joking about how his profile was rejected by kreskins dating site a few weeks ago. This is a classic example of morgus's theory (at least I think morgue said it). Dave sits there, not paying much attention when his pea brain hears something and repackages it as his own idea.

Quote from: karios8 on June 05, 2015, 11:55:00 AM
And to top it off, Dave schraeder was joking about how his profile was rejected by kreskins dating site a few weeks ago. This is a classic example of morgus's theory (at least I think morgue said it). Dave sits there, not paying much attention when his pea brain hears something and repackages it as his own idea.

Oh, I'm sure George has been working on it for months.  It takes a long time to slap your name on a pre-existing templated web service.

Paradox

I find it scary to think that people are coming up to Dave at his public appearances and besieging him to help them find dates and life partners of like paranormal mind.

Does anyone know what the subscription prices are?  Can't find them anywhere and I have no desire to sign up even for a free period.  I am just curious. 

http://www.paranormalpassions.com/

http://www.kwink.com/dating-community/paranormal

Even Plenty of Fish lets you sort by interest in paranormal. 

Little Hater

1 month
$19.95 / month
Billed as $19.95 for 30 days

3 months
$13.32 / month
Billed as $39.95 for 90 days

6 months
$10.00 / month
Billed as $59.95 for 180 days

1 year
$8.33 / month
Billed as $99.95 for 365 days

Morgus

Quote from: Little Hater on June 06, 2015, 05:55:26 AM
1 month
$19.95 / month

3 months
$13.32 / month

6 months
$10.00 / month

1 year
$8.33 / month
Are those prices before or after a discount using the coupon code "GEORGE" ?

Quote from: Little Hater on June 06, 2015, 05:55:26 AM
1 month
$19.95 / month

3 months
$13.32 / month

6 months
$10.00 / month

1 year
$8.33 / month

That's just 27 cents a day.

Little Hater

I created two free accounts yesterday, one 'Man Looking For Women' and one 'Woman Looking For Men'. The man account has two replies so far, the woman account has 63. None yet from AAAA Bill from West Hartford.

albrecht

Quote from: Little Hater on June 06, 2015, 03:35:37 PM
I created two free accounts yesterday, one 'Man Looking For Women' and one 'Woman Looking For Men'. The man account has two replies so far, the woman account has 63. None yet from AAAA Bill from West Hartford.
I wouldn't want to tease or "out" by revealing their name(s) or pictures but curious what kind of people contacted you. General demographics and what are the paranormal topics they most enjoy? Strangely curious about the people on that site....I also thought Norry and Schrader said it cost money (use GEORGE for savings) so how did you get a free membership?

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2015, 04:13:56 PM
I wouldn't want to tease or "out" by revealing their name(s) or pictures but curious what kind of people contacted you. General demographics and what are the paranormal topics they most enjoy? Strangely curious about the people on that site....I also thought Norry and Schrader said it cost money (use GEORGE for savings) so how did you get a free membership?

The first hit is free.

Little Hater

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2015, 04:13:56 PM

You can create a free account, but paying gets you:

Read and send messages
    Send gifts to members you like
    Chat online with members
    Write your own dating diary
    And much more…

I don't know what the 'much more' is, but I doubt if it's worth $20 a month. I didn't list any paranormal interests.

I can't read the messages I received without paying, but there doesn't seem to be much they have in common other than the fact that most live within 50 miles of me (based on my IP address - I didn''t share my location), which suggests that it's the software that's generating the interest. The whole thing is an obvious scam, which shouldn't surprise anybody.

I think I may be receiving new spam at the email address I used for the Man account, so I created a new address (not shared with anyone else) for the Woman account. We'll see if the spam comes in there.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I receive an email every time someone leaves me a message or 'winks' (I know, lame) at me with the first name and location (city and state) of the other member but not the content of the message.

albrecht

Quote from: Little Hater on June 06, 2015, 05:53:34 PM
You can create a free account, but paying gets you:

Read and send messages
    Send gifts to members you like
    Chat online with members
    Write your own dating diary
    And much more…

I don't know what the 'much more' is, but I doubt if it's worth $20 a month. I didn't list any paranormal interests.

I can't read the messages I received without paying, but there doesn't seem to be much they have in common other than the fact that most live within 50 miles of me (based on my IP address - I didn''t share my location), which suggests that it's the software that's generating the interest. The whole thing is an obvious scam, which shouldn't surprise anybody.

I think I may be receiving new spam at the email address I used for the Man account, so I created a new address (not shared with anyone else) for the Woman account. We'll see if the spam comes in there.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I receive an email every time someone leaves me a message or 'winks' (I know, lame) at me with the first name and location (city and state) of the other member but not the content of the message.
So for a "free" account you, basically get spam and likely your information sold to other businesses and online ventures for more spam to follow.....

Ugh, my spam filter caught this in my email today.  I knew I shouldn't have signed up.

"Hi, I live five miles from you.  Want to hook up?"

Dateline

I got one like that, too, but it pulsates with heart coming out the mouth and cupid arrows out the other way.  It also flashes at me. "You Are Not Alone, You Are Not Alone."

My match was with the NSA.  I guess it was listing my main interests as flying drones and hacking.