• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Do They Pay Guests to be On?

Started by Gassy Man, March 27, 2015, 11:48:14 PM

Gassy Man

I've always assumed the guests appear pro bono and in turn get to hawk their books or whatever.  But does anyone know if they actually get paid?

expat

Definitely NOT. There's a rumor that Hoagland scores a consultancy fee as "official" science adviser, and it would be in character for him to have demanded one, but we don't know for sure.

Little Hater

Noory has stated that Linda Howe receives a 'stipend' for her appearances.

I believe that it's more likely that some guests pay to be on the show, like the 'every health problem can be cured by minerals' guy quack fraud from critical health news last week.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Little Hater on March 29, 2015, 05:45:00 AM
Noory has stated that Linda Howe receives a 'stipend' for her appearances.

I believe that it's more likely that some guests pay to be on the show, like the 'every health problem can be cured by minerals' guy quack fraud from critical health news last week.

Yeah, I always thought it was a real bad conflict of interest when he does commercial for those critical health news things and then when he has them as a guest for an extended infomercial on C2C.

cweb

Quote from: Zetaspeak on March 29, 2015, 07:25:05 AM
Yeah, I always thought it was a real bad conflict of interest when he does commercial for those critical health news things and then when he has them as a guest for an extended infomercial on C2C.
The stupid copout they have is "oh, well it's an entertainment show."

I don't see how pitching snake oil as health advice is entertaining. Assholes.

They pay LMH as Little Hater mentioned.
Other than that its "a great promotional tool" for the guests.

albrecht

I want to know what the "cut" Norry, or the network, gets from all his "big events" and his doing supplements snake-oil commercials, many of which are edited to sound like an interview, or when he has guests who promote this products or theories? And the cross-advertising various "big events" and "appearances" get on C2C? Does iHeart Media, Inc make money from the "events" or do they simply allow Norry to advertise them on the show? Does iHeart Media, Inc run those "big events" or at they run by other companies, Norry himself, or outside entities and groups? It seems odd that they would allow all the promotion (either in commercial or by the constant mentioning of him by the hosts) on the show if they weren't making some money off them?

Echo

If regular guests don't make a dime for being on the show. They should demand the right to upload the show on youtube commercial free. That way people can enjoy the show for years to come for free.

Nick el Ass

Anyone who can put up with talking to Dave for a few hours deserves payment of some kind.

Wintermute

Depends completely on how bad they need guests are want a specific guest. Paying guests is not outlandish. In some ways it is preferable. Money demands contractual obligations and those things control the guest. And believe me some guests are far more of a pain than they are ever worth without a contract.

Jorch Snoory checking-out after the first hour every night tells me that they don't pay the majority of their guests. They let them on and ramble. In fact I'd be willing to bet that some of the guests pay their way on to the show. Then Jorch has the contractual obligation to let them ramble about turmeric and carnivora for an hour... put their shill-ish garbage on the C2C website...