• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Emergency Alert System failure

Started by albrecht, March 03, 2015, 12:15:36 PM

albrecht

So just now, 12:10 Central, in Austin, TX my tv went into an emergency alert system test. The Time Warner Cable went to a script across the screen saying alert test but playing AUDIO of Rush Limbaugh. I kid you not. I even turned on my AM radio to check out the local channel that carries Rush (KLBJ AM 590) and it was the same feed (of Rush talking about Obama and Netanahuy's (sp?) speech.) Very bizarre. How an AM signal could get picked up and broadcast on television during the Emergency Alert System Information? Obviously the alert system doesn't work because I doubt Obama wanted to interrupt with a Rush Limbaugh broadcast!

pate

Dammit, I had to re-read that.  I thought you were saying that the Emergency Broadcast Feed was playing Rush.

That would've been cool:

Rush - Spirit of the Radio [Music Video] (HD Audio)

False alarm, just a test.  Disregard.

Carry on,

zeebo

Quote from: pate on March 03, 2015, 11:30:53 PM
Dammit, I had to re-read that.  I thought you were saying that the Emergency Broadcast Feed was playing Rush....

Just that one line "We have assumed control ...."

albrecht

It isn't the first time we've had weird problems with the Emergency Broadcast System in my FEMA Region.
with U-Verse:
http://www.statesman.com/news/business/u-verse-glitch-freezing-channels-with-nonexistent-/nhrBh/

But this time it was with TWC but I can't find any reference to it on the news or internet? One would think broadcasting Rush Limbaugh to liberal Austin's televisions and over Obama's EAS would raise some eye-brows or internet comments.