• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Swishypants

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 21, 2017, 05:05:02 PM

Did he say what year the "first Soviet MiG plane ever acquired by the US" was obtained?

early '68

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 21, 2017, 05:05:02 PM

Did he say what year the "first Soviet MiG plane ever acquired by the US" was obtained?

Edit - I did find 3 Syrian pilots that defected to Israel in April 1968 with MIG21s.

It wasn’t a story about the first MIG but the first MIG 21. Said an Iraqi pilot defected with it. I was going to check but never got around to it. The stories included tactics being used in Vietnam so I am guessing in the late 60’s.

I think I remember seeing one out at a base to be named later around 78 or 79.

Just found this.
https://twitter.com/nasawatch/status/943977661453529088

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 21, 2017, 05:10:05 PM
It wasn’t a story about the first MIG but the first MIG 21. Said an Iraqi pilot defected with it. I was going to check but never got around to it. The stories included tactics being used in Vietnam so I am guessing in the late 60’s.

Just found this.
[tweet]943977661453529088[/tweet]

::)

ItsOver

...Just found this.
[tweet]943977661453529088[/tweet]
I'm sure the aliens are impressed with our capability.

Uncle Duke

Edit - I did find 3 Syrian pilots that defected to Israel in April 1968 with MIG21s.

That late 60s time frame would make sense for MiG-21s, but the US had been "collecting" Soviet/Russian jets long before that.  The first was a MiG-9 in the late 40s, the first to get any press was the Mig-15 flown to South Korea by a NK defector shortly after the Korean War.  That aircraft is on display here in Dayton at the USAF Museum.

Gd5150

Knapp was on with GN Thursday night. Was good.

TigerLily

Thanks for posting MrDude. Very thoughtful of you

MrHippie

Quote from: TigerLily on December 28, 2017, 12:47:03 AM
Thanks for posting MrDude. Very thoughtful of you
Thanks T.L.
Happy New Year.

MrHippie

Dec 30, 2017
Dad Believed in U.F.O.s. Turns Out He Wasn't Alone
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/sunday-review/dad-believed-in-ufos-turns-out-he-wasnt-alone.html

Dec 16, 2017
2 Navy Airmen and an Object That "Accelerated Like Nothing I've Ever Seen"
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

I hope George Knapp can have a guest or a story on how the cameras on the Military Aircraft operate. Just what are we seeing when we view the extraordinary videos that have accompanied these recent stories.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MrHippie on January 03, 2018, 05:42:17 PM
Dec 30, 2017
Dad Believed in U.F.O.s. Turns Out He Wasn't Alone
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/sunday-review/dad-believed-in-ufos-turns-out-he-wasnt-alone.html

Dec 16, 2017
2 Navy Airmen and an Object That "Accelerated Like Nothing I've Ever Seen"
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

I hope George Knapp can have a guest or a story on how the cameras on the Military Aircraft operate. Just what are we seeing when we view the extraordinary videos that have accompanied these recent stories.

https://www.raytheon.com/news/feature/uap_atflir.html

Nebraska888

Missing Knapp tonight.

Nebraska888

A dark stormy winter's night here in Nebraska.......a perfect night for Knapp!   ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 21, 2018, 06:47:23 PM
A dark stormy winter's night here in Nebraska.......a perfect night for Knapp!   ;)

Thanks for the reminder 👍🏼

Gd5150

Time to cuddle up in some jammies, and tune into the concoughensous cavalcade of conversation.

ItsOver

Looks like the first hour is a MUST.

First Hour: Roy Orbison Jr. tells the story of his father, a rock and roll icon, whose monumental career successes were matched at nearly every turn by personal tragedies.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on January 21, 2018, 07:08:44 PM
Looks like the first hour is a MUST.

First Hour: Roy Orbison Jr. tells the story of his father, a rock and roll icon, whose monumental career successes were matched at nearly every turn by personal tragedies.

Absolutely!!!!

IO, that first hour is for you (and your Avi)!  I don't think Roy Orbison (pardon, The Big O) has ever before been honored by Knapp, or by anyone else, on Coast.

Looking forward to it.

ItsOver

Quote from: Étouffée on January 21, 2018, 10:57:41 PM
IO, that first hour is for you (and your Avi)!  I don't think Roy Orbison (pardon, The Big O) has ever before been honored by Knapp, or by anyone else, on Coast.

Looking forward to it.
My jammies stand ready!

TigerLily

Quote from: ItsOver on January 21, 2018, 11:06:00 PM
My jammies stand ready!

Too much starch? Light flannel jammies, bunny slippers and chamomile tea all set. I sooooo need a good Knapp Knight

Hi Neb! Another highlight of Knapp Knight

TigerLily

Bon soir, Étouffé

Quote from: TigerLily on January 22, 2018, 12:09:25 AM
Bon soir, Étouffé
Que sera, sera, TL, and to all the Knapp-heads who have just assumed the position.

WOTR

I should probably track down a station to listen to Knapp on. It seems that  radio is determined  to commit suicide.    C2C is done, so I  no loner even accidentally run across a good host.  I used to enjoy the old radio shows from 11:00 - 1:00.  Now they have removed those to play some new late night call in show with "Drex."

For the first time in a very long time, I am not certain when I will even bother turning my radio on next.  Oh well, internet streaming will have Knapp tonight, and I can always download Gunsmoke, suspense and Our Ms. Brooks...

Jackstar

No one delivers like George Knapp. No one.

TigerLily

Very cool. Some great little stories

"He could break your heart with one note".