• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Vatar

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 20, 2011, 10:42:39 AM
Why do folks have so much difficulty just letting Eddie be Eddie?

I think it has something to do with his casually crass nature.  Personally I find it endearing.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 20, 2011, 10:42:39 AM
Why do folks have so much difficulty just letting Eddie be Eddie?

It's all in good fun. He plays the "rage card" on me and I call him a pederastic Klansman guilty of the truly horrific crime of having deplorable taste in music. A typical dialogical excursion for ol' Edzo.

The "rage" thing I found really terrific, because as I typed my allegedly "rage"-filled missive, I was in my kitchen cracking up,just totally amused at the very image of a 35 year old listening to Blink 182.

Digitech

Why does Eddie have such a problem letting other folks be other folks?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Digitech on December 20, 2011, 12:10:05 PM
Why does Eddie have such a problem letting other folks be other folks?
Because they're usually worthless shitstains like
YOU

Harmness

The Noory is rubbing off onto Knapp.  On Sunday, he read the name of the recently deceased dictator of North Korea as "Kim Jong the Second."  Twice.

Ha ha ha.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Harmness on December 20, 2011, 04:01:05 PM
The Noory is rubbing off onto Knapp.  On Sunday, he read the name of the recently deceased dictator of North Korea as "Kim Jong the Second."  Twice.

Ha ha ha.

Are you saying that's Eddie's fault??  j/k. 

CoastCanuck

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 19, 2011, 06:46:23 AM
The Blink 182 dude actually was good.
I found him interesting.  One question I had, can someone please clarify his answer to the questions  'Are you a Mason?' or 'Are you part of the Iluminati?'.  thank you.

Avi

Eddie reminds me of Stephen Lynch, but without the music:

Stephen Lynch Grand Father

Of course, we know how it all came about:

Stephen Lynch - Priest

CoastCanuck

doubleheader scheduled for the Knappster this week.  Sunday Dec. 25 and Monday Dec. 26 as Noory takes his week off.

morphiaflow

Two nights of Knapp...let's enjoy it, friends.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: CoastCanuck on December 22, 2011, 08:58:53 PM
doubleheader scheduled for the Knappster this week.  Sunday Dec. 25 and Monday Dec. 26 as Noory takes his week off.

Hooray!  Extra Knapp nights and extra Ian nights coming our way!   :)

It is so going to hurt in the new year when the voice of Jorge returns.   :'(  This is perhaps what the Mayans were predicting.  The end of the world.  Simple George 5 nights a week, and Knapp and Ian only 3 nights a month. 

Art, Art, wherefore art thou, Art??

I'd like to hear Knapp for one week straight. I think they'd be afraid to give us Knapp for a week because he'd lose all the listeners gained after 2006 and gain everyone back from the 90s, thus re-reshaping Coast into what it was ..

Lovely Bones

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 23, 2011, 10:15:40 AM
I'd like to hear Knapp for one week straight. I think they'd be afraid to give us Knapp for a week because he'd lose all the listeners gained after 2006 and gain everyone back from the 90s, thus re-reshaping Coast into what it was ..

It would so be worth it if we could get rid of Atheist Astronomer Bill from Connecticut. 

...indeed. Bill the atheist is getting creepy.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 23, 2011, 10:18:31 AM
It would so be worth it if we could get rid of Atheist Astronomer Bill from Connecticut.
The tenative scoop on Bill is that he may be asked to send an audio tape in.  If Wells does not keep up the Saturday night level of ratings that Ian set, they need a backup plan and Bill's voice is well known to the Coast audience.

Also, the e-mail count has increased substantially asking for how to get ahold of Bill.  There are many women in Bill's age group that are looking for just the right man.  In fact, the talley for Bill is now exceeding George's request for a night out.  You should see, George.  Even his long established fan has diverted her interest to Bill. 

BobGrau

Let's start an online campaign/petition etc to get noory replaced with bill.

Looking forward to Knapp tonight. Good topic, as well.

Hope everyone had a safe and peaceful Christmas.

Morgus

Even Knapp is getting the bible thumper callers now like in the first hour tonight with open lines.
One of the callers would going on and on about end times and apocalypse from the bible.
Also that frequent caller known as Cornelius in Louisiana called in again, way too often and he always says basically the same things everytime.

I love how Knapp handles open lines.
I love when Knapp interviews.
ANd we get him tonight again, too. It was a great Christmas gift, unknowingly, from the Coast gang.

aldousburbank

I thought the Knappster's bumper music was above par last night- particularly The Doors' "Waiting For The Sun".  Hell yeah!

The Doors - Waiting for the sun

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Harmness on December 20, 2011, 04:01:05 PM

Ha ha ha.
Last night, Knapp manned up for his mistake from last week when he referred to Kim Jong the Second instead of Kim Jong Il.  He called himself a knucklehead for his mistake.   That was funny.  He also went on a good rant for the first few minutes of his show.  It was nice to hear him saying 'Merry Christmas' several times.  Luv you, George.

fabucat

Quote from: Morgus on December 26, 2011, 12:50:32 AM
Even Knapp is getting the bible thumper callers now like in the first hour tonight with open lines.
One of the callers would going on and on about end times and apocalypse from the bible.
Also that frequent caller known as Cornelius in Louisiana called in again, way too often and he always says basically the same things everytime.

George Knapp was fabulous!  I'm convinced that the man is close to genius.  I used to think that nothing intelligent could come out of Vegas.  Knapp has shown me for the East Coast snob that I am.  Knapp is the best asset that Vegas and the State of Nevada has IMHO.

I'm eager to watch his expose on mortgage fraud in Nevada:  http://www.8newsnow.com/category/224186/desert-underwater-las-vegas-foreclosure

The exposé is great ..  it's a must watch you have to see it . George Knapp is a genius I love when the show is hosted by him and I really really really wish we can get George Knapp on full-time

Ok, so he was unfamiliar with the name of one of the world leaders most in the news for the past decade.  In this 'expose' of the home mortgage fraud in Nevada, did he mention how he happened to completely omit the role of Title Insurance in his newspaper article?

Never much liked his dull dry style or his completely non-creditible guests, have now completely lost confidence in him.   Does have that deep Noory-esque voice going though..

Sunday night and Monday night with Knapp have been fantastic.  For our newer listeners, this is how Coast to Coast used to sound EVERY night with Art.  Now maybe you can fully appreciate why we object so much to Norry.