• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Scully

Quote from: Morgus on October 24, 2011, 01:55:08 AM
... too bad in the first hour knapp had open lines and got a bunch of the "noory nuts" like bible thumpers who were reading the old testament and decided it means a volcano will erupt soon in Hawaii...  :o 

So true, but one trucker with a UFO story put a smile on my face when, after he said what a wonderful show Coast is, he added (sounding just like Slim Pickens) "But I don't like those doom and gloom shows about how the world's gonna end and there's no hope.  I kinda just tune them out."

Knapp's response, "Heh, heh."  :D

b_dubb

coast bought some new gear for running the show.  obviously they 're still in the process of RTFM

Tara

Quote from: WOTR on October 24, 2011, 01:26:49 AM
I think I found my quote of the week...
George: You aren't going to read to me from the bible are you?
Caller: well... I... don't HAVE to...

Naturally, she proceeded to read verse while stumbling and George had to stop her.

I liked Art's policy: no reading Bible verses.  Say what you want in your own words!

11angeleyes11

Did George Noory call in again last night?  I would have love to hear the exchange:

George Noory:  George, I love you.

George Knapp:  George, I love you, too.

That would have been a very special moment in radio.

Morgus

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on October 24, 2011, 10:59:00 AM
Did George Noory call in again last night? 
no, it was his day off.
Noory only called in for a few minutes last Sunday to promote his new book with a guest host who is Noory's loving protege.
Knapp wouldn't stand for that and took last Sunday night off.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Morgus on October 24, 2011, 01:29:50 PM
Knapp wouldn't stand for that and took last Sunday night off.
Did George Knapp ever explain his last minute absence last week?   Based on last night, I wonder if it was technical difficulties.  George Knapp is too much of a professional, IMO, to miss a turn for other than legitimate reasons.  Too bad he won't be hosting again until next month, which he stated end of the show.

Quote from: CoastCanuck on October 24, 2011, 04:29:22 PM
Did George Knapp ever explain his last minute absence last week?   Based on last night, I wonder if it was technical difficulties.  George Knapp is too much of a professional, IMO, to miss a turn for other than legitimate reasons.  Too bad he won't be hosting again until next month, which he stated end of the show.

For me, ducking George Noory's unprofessionalism, general Suckitude, and phony 'book-writing' nonsence would be a professional move..

Morgus

Did George Knapp ever explain his last minute absence last week?   
no he didn't, not a word.
thats very telling - it must have been because of the Noory book promotion I bet and he wouldn't want to say that over the air.

fabucat

Quote from: Morgus on October 24, 2011, 01:55:08 AM
noory had the same problem with several guests last week, after awhile they lose the guest phone connection.
knapp also lost the guest tonight yet he himself was still on the air but didn't know that.
fortunately they got the guest back after 5 min or so.

too bad in the first hour knapp had open lines and got a bunch of the "noory nuts" like bible thumpers who were reading the old testament and decided it means a volcano will erupt soon in Hawaii...  :o

DANG IT!!!  I could've called & predicted correctly that there will be an earthquake soon in CALIFORNIA!

Yeah, it always seems like Knapp when he does the open lines, he gets particularly annoying religulous fuckwits.  I wonder if George pays his friends to do it, to skull fornicate Knapp, but I'd be giving him too much credit.

Not till next month? Damn.

CoastCanuck

Under latest version of Knapp's news, did anyone watch "I-Team: The final meeting of the Roadrunners"?  He's such an excellent reporter...

WOTR

Quote from: Tara on October 24, 2011, 06:51:14 AM
I liked Art's policy: no reading Bible verses.  Say what you want in your own words!
Hard to be a "bible thumper" when somebody has taken your bible away...

CoastCanuck

Here is my theory on why George Knapp will never be the full time C2C host (although many people would like to see him do so).  He's a 'get out there and investigate' type of guy.  Sitting at a microphone full time would stiffle that.

CoastCanuck

I listened to Alex Jones interviewing George Noory on last Thursday's marathon Alex show.  George stated that Christmas Day is on a Sunday and that there will be a live show.  George Knapp will be doing that live show (which fits in with his last 2 Sundays of the month rotation).  Merry Christmas.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: CoastCanuck on November 07, 2011, 05:21:09 PM
Christmas Day is on a Sunday and that there will be a live show.  George Knapp will be doing that live show (which fits in with his last 2 Sundays of the month rotation).  Merry Christmas.

A good Christmas present.  I doubt Knapp will keep shoving it down the audience's collective throat that they're lonely, rejected souls the way that Noory does. 

M Knight

Quote from: CoastCanuck on November 07, 2011, 05:21:09 PM
I listened to Alex Jones interviewing George Noory on last Thursday's marathon Alex show.  George stated that Christmas Day is on a Sunday and that there will be a live show.  George Knapp will be doing that live show (which fits in with his last 2 Sundays of the month rotation).  Merry Christmas.

I've noticed something perplexing.  When the Snoormeister is being interviewed by another talk show host he is suddenly much more articulate and sharp.  Get him behind his own mic and it is buffoonsville.

M Knight

Quote from: CoastCanuck on October 29, 2011, 05:11:56 PM
Here is my theory on why George Knapp will never be the full time C2C host (although many people would like to see him do so).  He's a 'get out there and investigate' type of guy.  Sitting at a microphone full time would stiffle that.

I've always thought that occasionally having investigative broadcasts from weird sites would blast the show to totally new heights. For example, let's have a halloween show broadcast from within a real haunted house... or set up a tent outside the perimeter of Area 51 for an overnight broadcast... actually go to suspected Mel's hole sites and interview local inhabitants.  Even if mega-fumbles were the host it would increase my time listening to the show if they used some imagination.

valdez

Quote from: M Knight on November 08, 2011, 08:57:32 AM

I've noticed something perplexing.  When the Snoormeister is being interviewed by another talk show host he is suddenly much more articulate and sharp.  Get him behind his own mic and it is buffoonsville.

Assuming your observations are correct, then the culprit would be Tom (cheeseball/milktoast/those text questions can't possibly be from real human beings) Danheiser.  But I can't believe someone with brains would let themselves be dumbed down for so many years.  Was Tom Art's producer?

Quote from: M Knight on November 08, 2011, 09:03:45 AM
I've always thought that occasionally having investigative broadcasts from weird sites would blast the show to totally new heights. For example, let's have a halloween show broadcast from within a real haunted house... or set up a tent outside the perimeter of Area 51 for an overnight broadcast... actually go to suspected Mel's hole sites and interview local inhabitants.  Even if mega-fumbles were the host it would increase my time listening to the show if they used some imagination.

Definitely.

fysisist

Yes, when the focus is on himself, and he is being stroked by some other hack like AJ, then it all makes sense to him, it all comes together. 

Usagi

Quote from: M Knight on November 08, 2011, 09:03:45 AM

That would be amazing.  But, alas... Carnivora and Steve Shenk aren't going to pay extra for something cool like that.

b_dubb

An excellent idea though I think the reason corporate radio bothers with Coast is it is cheap to produce. Guests just call in. Doing remotes would add expense. But still an excellent idea   And doing a show from Mel's Hole is unfeasible. The smell of bullshit would be overpowering

M Knight

Quote from: Usagi on November 08, 2011, 03:50:03 PM
That would be amazing.  But, alas... Carnivora and Steve Shenk aren't going to pay extra for something cool like that.

It would be hard to believe they couldn't afford to do some type of quarterly "remote" broadcast.  Let's find a pasture that has been plagued with cow mutilations or one that has a history of crop circles and spend the night listening for every strange noise or weird lights.  Even if nothing happened just the added suspense alone would keep thousands of coffee pots on all night. 

Knapp needs to do a remote from the Skinwalker Ranch.  If you think about it, one of the reasons Art's shows were so riveting was because his house WAS a remote broadcast, and within earshot of Dreamland. 

All little imagination goes a long way... have guests call in that are on remote locations such as on merchant ships in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle.  Add in an unexpected midnight storm and you have outstanding radio.  In my opinion the C2C crew are wasting opportunities for real revenue while milking dry husks like Alex Jones for entertainment.

b_dubb

perhaps they should change the show's name to Dry Husk to Husk?

M Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on November 08, 2011, 06:56:54 PM
perhaps they should change the show's name to Dry Husk to Husk?

And when Hoagland is on...  "Hoax to Hoax AM".

Scully

Several months back I watched the video of  George appearing on Alex Jones' show.  I was amazed at how energized and intelligent George came off.  I would never have taken him for the idiot he is on Coast.

Quote from: fysisist on November 08, 2011, 02:26:08 PM
Yes, when the focus is on himself, and he is being stroked by some other hack like AJ, then it all makes sense to him, it all comes together. 

Sounds like an excellent analysis, fysisist.  George is all about being George. ???

M Knight

Quote from: Scully on November 08, 2011, 11:45:50 PM

Several months back I watched the video of  George appearing on Alex Jones' show.  I was amazed at how energized and intelligent George came off.  I would never have taken him for the idiot he is on Coast.

Listen to Noory's articulation... the passion... what the hell?

George Noory Calls in during The Alex Jones 2010 Moneybomb Marathon 1/2

Scully

The purer the quality of horse manure George is consuming, the better he's able to pronounce "bi-zarre."  :P

BobGrau

Quote from: M Knight on November 09, 2011, 01:42:35 AM

Listen to Noory's articulation... the passion... what the hell?

Two theories spring immediately to mind:

1. At that time of day/evening he's still surging on the uppers, and the downers have yet to kick in.
2. It's a robot.