• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

11 commercial jetliners missing after Islamist takeover of Tripoli airport

Started by Foodlion, September 02, 2014, 03:17:41 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on September 02, 2014, 04:38:48 PM

Europe?  More of a concern, but still more than three hours to London.  I'm seeing this as more a matter of target practice than a genuine threat to any Western nation.
Right.  Let's see what they can do on their own.  They all have air forces and intel services.  They just got to worry about the french surrendering (again).

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 03, 2014, 11:38:31 PM
Australia has good radar and it took days for them to come up with something with the MA Flight 370 case. I just don't see any indicators that our air traffic control systems are geared to detect this kind of thing fast enough to do something about it. Hope so. I also don't know what planes are missing, if it's just some old 727's then I wouldn't worry. But if they got a Libyan Airlines A330-200 and can fuel and fly it empty then it's a different story. I think another angle would be attacking Egypt with them in support of the brotherhood.
I believe you are correct, Sir.  The greater tactical and strategic targets are closer to home for them.  Anything that can be perceived as success will tighten their grip and bring more volunteers to their cause.